Collaborative Development

johnthecoder

Oct 13, 2017
Hello, I am new to programming games but I've had interest in making a VN for a very long time.

I am a JS programmer, been doing web development related stuff for an year now. Looking for a fellow JS lover to help me make a game (VN like but has free roam).

For image and stuff we can use DAZ Studio. It will include corruption but nothing abusive. We will make this for free.

Aug 5, 2016
Here I was hoping it could be Unity since it wasn't tagged Ren'Py..
But I guess you'd have tagged it Unity if it were. :C

switchpincher

Nov 22, 2017
I am not a JS lover exactly (I'm a software developer but mostly services/backend/systems programming) but I'm really interested in Monogatari Visual Novel engine. It seems pretty basic but really extendable and I still love the idea of the browser as a universal runtime, especially for something as undemanding as visual novels. Have you looked at it? Has anyone? One thing I really don't need is some kind of rich builder UI or story tracker or anything like that. I like the notion of declaring most actions, events, scenes and characters in JSON and that's it.

Reactions: johnthecoder

johnthecoder

Oct 13, 2017
I am not a JS lover exactly (I'm a software developer but mostly services/backend/systems programming) but I'm really interested in Monogatari Visual Novel engine. It seems pretty basic but really extendable and I still love the idea of the browser as a universal runtime, especially for something as undemanding as visual novels. Have you looked at it? Has anyone? One thing I really don't need is some kind of rich builder UI or story tracker or anything like that. I like the notion of declaring most actions, events, scenes and characters in JSON and that's it.
It looks really nice, will give it a try. Which backend language do you use?

Gamekint

Dec 19, 2022
Hello, I am new to programming games but I've had interest in making a VN for a very long time.

I am a JS programmer, been doing web development related stuff for an year now. Looking for a fellow JS lover to help me make a game (VN like but has free roam).

For image and stuff we can use DAZ Studio. It will include corruption but nothing abusive. We will make this for free.
I Have Story dm On Discord dhruvbro#1190