basaranekki

Dec 14, 2019
i just test the new build and found some bugs:

+ After the beginning cutscene, unlike the previous build, u cant get the package after reading dad's letter anymore
+ The first day doesnt have anything to do except going to sleep
+ After entering the dream u get skipped toward either the lab where u and rin found kari or the mansion
+ The monsters disappear in the lab
+ if you follow the elevator in the lab and go to the mansion, the game soft lock u there
+ pin code doesnt work either

idk if there are any more bugs but these are all i can find
Yeah I'm having similar problems. I wasn't able to trigger the package delivery, I couldn't interact with anyone or anything at school except the "advance time" desk. Then I end up in the lab and the player already knows kari and the other girl despite never interacting with them yet. Next day of school same as the first, no dialog triggers, can't do anything except advance time, no package.
At that point I figured the game is hopelessly bugged for me and further exploration is pointless.
I'll have another look if an update comes out.

EDIT: Ok out of curiosity I checked out v4 and that seems to work properly, the game starts the way I remember. v5 completely skips a lot of stuff and broke the story progression somehow.

Last edited:

bvogel2001

Oct 20, 2018
unniex, with the Coffee Extra 20220702v2 it gives a graphics error, I'm using an AMD Radeon RX7800 XT GPU. do you know of any fix for it? also in the updated file that's downloadable at the very start of this threat the 20210712v5 is corrupt, at least according to WinRAR. is this true? i've added in the screenshots of the error messages i've gotten when trying to unzip the files

PDCurator

Sep 1, 2023
Hmm, it's a shame that where this excels (content, fetishes & story) is basically locked behind one of the most difficult and unforgiving puzzle systems I've played. Along with some feature bloat that is just un-necessary. Only reason I am still playing it after like 6 hours is because I am stubborn as fuck and I am yet to solve at least one major puzzle.

However I have supported on Patreon as it seems you have put a lot of time into making it.

Some ideas for how can this be improved?

In-game Memory / Glossary

You could add an in game memory system of key items and their location in each dream world (only after discovered). This would save the player from having to remember the location of 50 different items or write notes in a google doc (which I have been doing).

This could also be extended to recipes (i.e. flashlight + 2 batteries)

It is currently way too difficult to remember the location of every item in 2 different regions and what they do, this would be a great quality of life change and not reduce the difficulty so much.

Directions, Explanations or Objectives

I know, I know, the main point is you're supposed to discover for yourself, is there different sequences or one straight linear path?

Does every item have a reason to be there? A lot is unexplained at it just makes the game really difficult to navigate.

Maybe an achievement system with simple explanations of what to do could fix this?

Save Points in Dream World

It'd be nice to have specific points in the dream world that save your progress, so when you enter you are not doing the same collecting process you did the previous night over and over till you're up at 5am losing your sanity like your in-game character.

Either that or allow saving in the dream world like the new system you're creating, so I can save scum

Completely remove RNG

RNG elements, i.e. items from chests in the manor, which dream you start in have no place in a puzzle game.

It completely defeats the purpose of having to memorise item locations and layouts. Imagine you get all the way through 90% of a puzzle to then get hit with some bad RNG and have to restart... it's not fair on the player at all; it is infuriating and serves no purpose other than lengthening an already long process.

Maybe give an option to choose which dream world to start in.

Other Less Important Quality of Life Improvements
  1. Auto-cook from fridge
  2. Auto-skip to sleep
  3. Skip intro dreams / SoL

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
20240505v6
Various fixes caused by the new save system.
Sorry, the game wasn't designed originally to save every location, so lots of flags and triggers were sequence breaking. Have now playtested it from start to finish and it seems fine.

unniex, with the Coffee Extra 20220702v2 it gives a graphics error, I'm using an AMD Radeon RX7800 XT GPU. do you know of any fix for it? also in the updated file that's downloadable at the very start of this threat the 20210712v5 is corrupt, at least according to WinRAR. is this true? i've added in the screenshots of the error messages i've gotten when trying to unzip the files
Since I used to have a 5700xt myself, I'll just let you know the only thing that worked was using 2023 jun drivers.
It forced me to update the IDE which did fix the issue for me. It's also the main reason the game is a clusterfuck right now.

I have no issue with 20210712v5. I use 7zip for everything though.

Reactions: bro111 and Serpream

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
Hmm, it's a shame that where this excels (content, fetishes & story) is basically locked behind one of the most difficult and unforgiving puzzle systems I've played. Along with some feature bloat that is just un-necessary. Only reason I am still playing it after like 6 hours is because I am stubborn as fuck and I am yet to solve at least one major puzzle.

However I have supported on Patreon as it seems you have put a lot of time into making it.

Some ideas for how can this be improved?

You could add an in game memory system of key items and their location in each dream world (only after discovered). This would save the player from having to remember the location of 50 different items or write notes in a google doc (which I have been doing).

This could also be extended to recipes (i.e. flashlight + 2 batteries)

It is currently way too difficult to remember the location of every item in 2 different regions and what they do, this would be a great quality of life change and not reduce the difficulty so much.

I know, I know, the main point is you're supposed to discover for yourself, is there different sequences or one straight linear path?

Does every item have a reason to be there? A lot is unexplained at it just makes the game really difficult to navigate.

Maybe an achievement system with simple explanations of what to do could fix this?

Save Points in Dream World

It'd be nice to have specific points in the dream world that save your progress, so when you enter you are not doing the same collecting process you did the previous night over and over till you're up at 5am losing your sanity like your in-game character.

Either that or allow saving in the dream world like the new system you're creating, so I can save scum

Completely remove RNG

RNG elements, i.e. items from chests in the manor, which dream you start in have no place in a puzzle game.

It completely defeats the purpose of having to memorise item locations and layouts. Imagine you get all the way through 90% of a puzzle to then get hit with some bad RNG and have to restart... it's not fair on the player at all; it is infuriating and serves no purpose other than lengthening an already long process.

Maybe give an option to choose which dream world to start in.

1. Auto-cook from fridge
  2. Auto-skip to sleep

Sounds reasonable. Would probably be initiated as dialog with yourself. I would rather avoid menu logs.

Sorry, I'm not willing to compromise on this.
Even though the game is vastly different from what was intended, it is still inspired by Yume Nikki.

Completely remove RNG
Oh boy, are you gonna be unhappy when the next dream area is out.

1. Auto-cook from fridge
    This is literally one toggle away from being enabled. It's a design choice. Maybe I make less healthy food more streamlined instead, so you can either have more stats and put more effort in or less stats with no effort.
  2. Auto-skip to sleep
    Not sure I understand. You mean skip to night time faster?
    Come on, f4 function is already fairly robust. It took me less than 10 minutes to get through the entire story content when testing.

PDCurator

Sep 1, 2023
Sounds reasonable. Would probably be initiated as dialog with yourself. I would rather avoid menu logs.

Sorry, I'm not willing to compromise on this.
Even though the game is vastly different from what was intended, it is still inspired by Yume Nikki.

Completely remove RNG
Oh boy, are you gonna be unhappy when the next dream area is out.

1. Auto-cook from fridge
    This is literally one toggle away from being enabled. It's a design choice. Maybe I make less healthy food more streamlined instead, so you can either have more stats and put more effort in or less stats with no effort.
  2. Auto-skip to sleep
    Not sure I understand. You mean skip to night time faster?
    Come on, f4 function is already fairly robust. It took me less than 10 minutes to get through the entire story content when testing.
Fair enough if it's all a design choice but I'm currently like 12 hours playtime and I feel like I've achieved nothing.. I can't even tell if I'm soft-locked or I'm just missing something as it's not very obvious what things can be interacted with tools and such.

Maybe some text prompts when interacting like "Hmm... I could use a knife to cut this" would be appreciated, that'd integrate it into the design. It'd be nice to have a highlight button too, to show what can be interacted with (I thought this was ctrl but I honestly don't know anymore).

I'm gonna put this to rest for now because honestly I don't even know where to go from what I'm doing, I managed to get somewhat half way there then I get blocked by something seemingly outside my control. I mean it's fun trying to figure out this stuff, you got that right, I like problem solving and a challenge, but I have no clue how to proceed now.

Is there at least a gallery, I don't want to go through all this effort to get a scene for me to just never be able to watch it again and essentially have to re-do all of this for it?

Granberia

Mar 14, 2017
Well, god damn. That was certainly an experience.

My one gripe that I feel is worth sharing is that I wish there were more weird interactions, even if they were to prove fruitless or altogether detrimental. There were a lot of moments of the classic point-and-click adventure bit where I was effectively just banging every item I had against each other and throwing them all at points of interest to see what sticks while being on guard for something surreal to happen or for an ooga booga "and then a skeleton popped out" moment. When combined with a time limit, there were moments when I became frustrated not because I wasn't making progress, but because I was struggling to make anything new happen in the current cycle.

Rowyin

Jul 8, 2020
Hey Unnie, I do like where the story is going. A small suggestion... maybe put in a "Hey, the story ends here for now" message to let folks who never read any of the message thread that this IS still a demo?

Also, I came across the following bucs/crashes:
Trying to overwrite the sleep outfit causes a crash
On the first lab dream, going to the mansion from the elevator causes the elevator to bug (can't load the autosave either as it saves on the elevator).

unniex

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
Hey Unnie, I do like where the story is going. A small suggestion... maybe put in a "Hey, the story ends here for now" message to let folks who never read any of the message thread that this IS still a demo?

Also, I came across the following bucs/crashes:
Trying to overwrite the sleep outfit causes a crash
On the first lab dream, going to the mansion from the elevator causes the elevator to bug (can't load the autosave either as it saves on the elevator).
Fixed the elevator bug. Thanks.
I can't recreate the outfit crash. May take some time to discover.

Serpream

Jun 7, 2018
Unable to see any Supermarket items UI. Can make purchase blindly, but really wasting what little credit is available ;(
Also Pills have same issue from cabinet and display blank and usable.
Overwriting Sleepwear with Naked = Crash

Last edited:

tolbot1094

Jun 30, 2018
I like your stuff however, Rng mechanics are a rocky situation even more so with puzzle games. The most I can say is don't make the rng frustrating. Because that is the fastest way to get me to stop playing your game is when I'm not thinking "what am I missing here" and instead "God this is so annoying, this is such bullshit" I will either break out cheat engine or just drop the game.

Ayumumono

Jun 21, 2017
I don't mind the RNG. I can accept wandering around smacking different bafmodads together until I can figure out something that works. But the time limit on the doors makes the process a bit overly painful. Since its RNG and you cannot be sure if the room has something valuable or not, so you have to check it anyway. But then I run out of time cause I opened too many doors. So now im back at square 1 and the process basically repeats itself until I get lucky that the first places I check has the things I need. But I can only know that once ive rubbed the items together enough.

I'd mostly been fine with the aimlessness since I can take my time. And my punishment for wandering too much is being around monsters more, which those make more sense for those catching you and eating your time limit.

The Food system I completely dislike cause it just seems to add some tedium for very minor gains/ keeping my bars from dropping. Especially with how many steps it takes to make some things. On top of that how quickly you get hungry through the stages of the day making you engage with it even more. I ended up just buying a bunch of sandwiches and ignoring it after playing awhile cause it was exhausting and just felt like it was wasting my time for no good reason.

Reactions: PDCurator

jbomb

Dec 28, 2017
Ran into an issue tying to open the game. No clue what is causing it, or how to fix. My graphics driver is up to date aswell. Using a nividia 3050ti.
View attachment 3607108
Ok i saw there were no replies, so i thought i would try a few things, i ended up downloading the "20230403v6" version, and it atleast opened ( gets the crash for line651 when i walk left and scene starts) i know the game has been heavily compressed since that one so im assuming something was remove that is now causing conflictions with opening considering it manages to get past line 522. I did also get a failed result at line 720 aswell in the newest version if memory serves me right.

Belmorn

May 28, 2018
Hey Unnie, great game with an interesting concept and really nice animations.
Keep up the good work!

While playing just found two bugs in 20240505v6:
- the wardrobe undress option for one freezes the game (undress all seems fine),
could this be a problem with the placement of worn clothes that you take from the storage?
- the pose button shows only the first pose and freezes the game/character then,
you can open and close the inventory but that's it - this wasn't bugged in v2

googlerella

Nov 10, 2017
Fascinating game.

I did encounter pair of bugs while exploring the game on the v7.

- Menu to purchase items in market at street corner is invisible.
- Character reverts back to their original form in the mansion.
Had it happen twice at the room with 2nd floor key. Both hair and clothing.
- Havent played long enough to know all the ins and outs, but i had the laboratory that i messed up and ended up loading.
Instead of ending back in the lab, game made me start in mansion instead. Is this intentional as it is random, or is it a bug that it skipped the lab?

Last edited:
Reactions: asd611118f

dezil

Apr 25, 2020
Fixed the elevator bug. Thanks.
I can't recreate the outfit crash. May take some time to discover.
How many times have I tried to play this game, but I have never seen this slime and plant monster. Do they even exist? if there is, how to find them or get to them and on what version? Maybe someone asked me this question, but I didn’t see it, so please answer. 1715059079992.png

Bumshak

Dec 17, 2020
Windows 11 seems to say, that this file is not okay and will harm my system. Beeing a bit sceptical. (Windows Defender SmartScreen)

3.80 star(s) 20 Votes