Unreal Engine Codename: Z3R9 [Game Development Thread]

g659039

Apr 10, 2018
starshipRender - short.png

Overview:
A newly minted member of a Ghost unit embarks on her first mission to the planet Chau Sara on the fringe of the known worlds, to investigate locals rumors about alleged alien life forms in this area.

Thread Updated: 2023-04-19
Developer: g659039 (Under Review till the number of Twitter followers will reach a level that is satisfactory for them..) (No fee patronage site, one-time BLIK payment without creating an account)
Censored: No
Version: 0.1 [work is temporarily suspended]
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Developer Notes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

g659039

Apr 10, 2018
It's going to be a short game, so I don't want to give too much away.
But yes, there will be few Zerg as opponents with at least two pre-rendered animations each (copulation and death when we lost).

I also wouldn't expect the project to be completed soon, as I don't have any financial support, I have to reconcile my daily work with project work. Preparing each model, animation, room, every script in the game, all alone - it all takes a long time.

I don't quite make Zerg models from scratch (and the character models are all ready-made I found online), but the only Zerg models I've found are actually low poly and lack textures, so I need to resculpt them a bit, recreate the decimate damage, create a mesh UV, texture, armature, animate etc.

As of what's currently done, it's a complete one Zerg, one loss animation with him, the first 2 minutes of gameplay, the first ero scene in the form of an intro (with human characters) and one environmental death animation.
I would at least share this intro, but I insisted that they will have voice acting. It costs money, and I don't want to risk it so early in the production that I'll pay for the scene and in a few months it will turn out that this actress won't/can't participate anymore and the money will go to the trash.

What's more, I recently discovered the WildLife sandbox and am currently creating a map for it. The fact that after a relatively short time you can see the progress of your work is very motivating.
But of course I'm not abandoning Codename: Z3R9.

Reactions: GoGoBananas