city maps?

Jackboo1

Aug 26, 2017
There's a lot ways to do that.... you can use real 3d models as background, backdrops, hdri maps or you can simply render only the scenes and complimenting them with custom backgrounds in Photoshop

thebeatman

Jan 5, 2018
There's a lot ways to do that.... you can use real 3d models as background, backdrops, hdri maps or you can simply render only the scenes and complimenting them with custom backgrounds in Photoshop
I dont mean background i mean actually town maps like in milfy city or summertimesaga where you open the map and then you can click on the building you want to go to

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
If your looking for a city map that is already built and ready to use, you won't find one, as far as I'm aware. Haven't played Milf City, but the map in Summer Time Saga, is drawn. So to semi-answer your question. You can

1. Get or make the 3D models of the buildings, roads, trees, misc and construct them all together and take a snapshot from the top view or which ever angle you prefer.
2. Draw the city map

Reactions: thebeatman

Jackboo1

Aug 26, 2017
Oh okay. But this is pure code in Renpy, Unity, RPGM, etc... and there are different ways to make an interactive map like this. I just know you can do this by using imagemaps and imagebuttons in Renpy tho...

thebeatman

Jan 5, 2018
yeah i know how renpy works i was just curious with what you can actually create a a good looking map picture like the ones used in certain games

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Man of the House uses a google maps image of Amsterdam. I recall some other games even using the satellite images.

whiskeyrose

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
In a project I put a little bit of time into way back when, I made a city in a citybuilder game (I think cities skylines) and just took a screenshot. I suppose you could do the same with any citybuilder.

Reactions: Droid Productions