Circumstances game by MrHoneyCraft.

Updated: 2023-10-05
Game/Creator: Circumstances / MrHoneyCraft - - -
Modder: MurrayMods -
Mod Version: 3
Game Version: Chapter 3
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

2024-05-06: WT Mod for Circumstances Ch.4 updated! Testing begins.
Links to old Mod version 3 are still down due to the update.

C1.png C2.png C3.png

Last edited:

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
Thank you for this mod. I am not sure if these errors are from the mod or from the game itself?
Thank you very much for the heads up. These errors are from the Mod. I did test it though. It is notorious that not completely.

Done! The Mod is error free now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeOG

detox

Donor
May 6, 2017
Just to understand: i must start a new game?
Asking because i'm getting errors on resume:

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

... etc

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
Just to understand: i must start a new game?
Asking because i'm getting errors on resume:

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

... etc
Yes, you must start a new game. The Mod doesn't change the script but add a few things here and there and the container file (RPA) is slightly different.

Reactions: detox

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, I just got caught up with the Dev on this game, and other than 1 error, which I returned and saw it was fixed since then, everything went smoothly. Thank you so very much for your work on this mod!!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: MurrayMods

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
I realize you have your own pace at this, and appreciate the work here. The thing is, if the updated mod takes days I often get swamped and can't remember to keep looking for them, thus game updates come and go and you keep removing last updated mod long before new mod goes up and I never get to play the game. I'm fine with being an update behind, I have thousands of games to play, but as long as it is clearly indicated the mod is old, please leave them up until new mod is finished.

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
I realize you have your own pace at this, and appreciate the work here. The thing is, if the updated mod takes days I often get swamped and can't remember to keep looking for them, thus game updates come and go and you keep removing last updated mod long before new mod goes up and I never get to play the game. I'm fine with being an update behind, I have thousands of games to play, but as long as it is clearly indicated the mod is old, please leave them up until new mod is finished.
What do you mean by 'clearly indicated'? As soon as a new version of a game appears, the current Mod is de facto and immediately outdated. Several players have asked me to disable the old Mod as they get confused and download a Mod for an older version of the game. It has happened to me and I lost many hours of gaming until I realized it. It usually takes me a day, 24 hours, to upload the new version of a Mod. The old version of this game (with its corresponding Mod) has been online for months and months. Can't you wait one more day?

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
What do you mean by 'clearly indicated'? As soon as a new version of a game appears, the current Mod is de facto and immediately outdated. Several players have asked me to disable the old Mod as they get confused and download a Mod for an older version of the game. It has happened to me and I lost many hours of gaming until I realized it. It usually takes me a day, 24 hours, to upload the new version of a Mod. The old version of this game (with its corresponding Mod) has been online for months and months. Can't you wait one more day?
Yeah but not only this, most People don't even bother reading or even take a min to check OP but straight up download the outdated Mod and complain afterwards that they get Errors after errors. Removing outdated Links is a good Idea and even more Modders are doing it now.

Reactions: MurrayMods

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
I have no idea why anyone would ask you to remove it, it clearly says what version it is for. It is not "de facto outdated" if someone never got it and has V? and can still use it.
I just DL'd 2 dozen updates, more will come later, in a day I will have forgotten which needs updating. Some modders just drop old mod under spoiler to avoid confusion.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
While I may not have thousands of games to play, (150 is more than enough for me) I have an outstanding file folder system to help me keep track of things. I also use f95checker to keep track of game updates.

MurrayMods You are doing a wonderful job. You are correct that a new game release cannot use an old mod. Your method of removing the old links makes a lot of sense. Take your time and do it right the first time.

Reactions: shiqz