2.00 star(s) 5 Votes

theickobicko

May 29, 2019
game without grinding... so basically a story, from what i see.
and there are plenty of other games where there are no grinding, to be honest. i mean it doesn't hurt to have more, but...

as a note, if there is no grinding or choices or anything that the player is responsible for, then it's not a game and the "player" won't feel accomplished by it.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
yeah we wouldnt want to lose that high impact gameplay of going to the gym 30 times
You are conflating grind-mechanics with game-play, and apparently your position is predicated on the idea that there is no game-play that is not a grind mechanic. Any interaction with the narrative, such as control over a situation, or character's actions and/or dialogue, is what differentiates a "game" from any other label.
Aside from not having any form of agency for the viewer, literally the only interaction at all was inputting a name (to which the protagonist is referred to Dr/Mr *first name*, anyway).

If you prefer mediums with no interaction required, that is cool. However, there is no need to try and pretend that every "game" is a "game" because it has grind-mechanics. In fact, such mechanics have nothing to do with game-play, and everything to do with a means to artificially lengthen engagement time, in the hopes that longer engagement with existing content (or the ability to pay to bypass said grind-mechanics) equals greater revenue. You can blame MMORPGs for teaching an entire generation that business model.

CuriousRaccoon

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2021
played-
story is nice to immerse in
good gif/pic selection ( might want to resize some)
waiting for the next update!

bug?-
not a bug per se but Peta/rub.gif is still image?
Thanks a lot! I might have tampered with the gif in Ms Paint ;-; causing it to break.

CuriousRaccoon

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2021
And also zero gameplay, it's more like a web comic where the gameplay is just pressing the next button. One time game.
This might become a serious issue, zero grinding sounds good but it might be that it is a necessary evil. But you see devs have misused this "grinding" to increase the play time and I am so done with that. I like there to be options but options will have consequences as well as different outcomes, at the same time I also don't want to miss any content and I want to see it ALL and I don't have the patience to play a game from the beginning just to see barely a few different scenes.

Call it a visual novel but I still like less content than more content with grinding and multiple playthroughs.

CuriousRaccoon

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2021
not to be a dick or anything but whats the point of releasing it if there's only like 1 minute of content
HAHAHAHHAHAAH, actually it's my first time creating a game rather than playing it. Give me some time and I will pick up the pace. I thought complaining about grinding won't take me anywhere rather just create what I want and let others enjoy.

Reactions: Black Xoul

CuriousRaccoon

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2021
You are conflating grind-mechanics with game-play, and apparently your position is predicated on the idea that there is no game-play that is not a grind mechanic. Any interaction with the narrative, such as control over a situation, or character's actions and/or dialogue, is what differentiates a "game" from any other label.
Aside from not having any form of agency for the viewer, literally the only interaction at all was inputting a name (to which the protagonist is referred to Dr/Mr *first name*, anyway).

If you prefer mediums with no interaction required, that is cool. However, there is no need to try and pretend that every "game" is a "game" because it has grind-mechanics. In fact, such mechanics have nothing to do with game-play, and everything to do with a means to artificially lengthen engagement time, in the hopes that longer engagement with existing content (or the ability to pay to bypass said grind-mechanics) equals greater revenue. You can blame MMORPGs for teaching an entire generation that business model.
This actually makes a lot of sense. It might so happen that I will add a VN tag later on.

CuriousRaccoon

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2021
Game? Where? You wrote a 2 minute visual novel.
LMFAOOOOOO, actually when I used to play these games and go through a new update in mere minutes I was like, WTF? this took a month?! But believe me it is not as easy as it seems, this might be because it's my first game but thinking up a story, looking up exact pictures, proofreading as well as a bunch of small stuff take a lot more time than expected.

CuriousRaccoon

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2021
First, I would like to thank you all for trying out this APLHA APLHA version of my game.
Second, thank you F95zone so much as this might me the only website where I have got so many views and replies on trying out something new ;-;
Third, I will do update every other week. (i.e acc to you guys 2 mins of content :ROFLMAO:)
Forth, I am a bit conflicted on who the dean might be so help me out guys :sneaky:

Thanks yallllll

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
First, I would like to thank you all for trying out this APLHA APLHA version of my game.
Second, thank you F95zone so much as this might me the only website where I have got so many views and replies on trying out something new ;-;
Third, I will do update every other week. (i.e acc to you guys 2 mins of content :ROFLMAO:)
Forth, I am a bit conflicted on who the dean might be so help me out guys :sneaky:

Thanks yallllll
glad you're responding to the positive views. as for who the dean could be, how about Cory Chase? she's got the look of someone in that position

Jul 15, 2022
This might become a serious issue, zero grinding sounds good but it might be that it is a necessary evil. But you see devs have misused this "grinding" to increase the play time and I am so done with that. I like there to be options but options will have consequences as well as different outcomes, at the same time I also don't want to miss any content and I want to see it ALL and I don't have the patience to play a game from the beginning just to see barely a few different scenes.

Call it a visual novel but I still like less content than more content with grinding and multiple playthroughs.
College Daze is a great example of a game where you don't grind, but there's tons of diversity for player choices to customize your experience, so you feel engaged with the content, instead of just clicking 'Next" repeatedly.

2.00 star(s) 5 Votes