Others - Completed - Chloe18 Vacation [GDS]

1. 3.00 star(s)

packor

Version: 1.01
    like all other Chloe games, it has sound compatibility issues(with certain sound cards). Every different Chloe game requires me to do something different to get sound to work. It shouldn't be a player's job to make a game work. Chloe games would be good if they weren't all so frustrating to (attempt to) play.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

lutra_lovegood

Decent CGs wasted on a huge grind and poor story.
    You gotta go to the massage parlor to make money, but in this one you aren't told how much money you made at the end, or what action gave you how much money.
    You need "a different kind of soap to take a bath" ??? This one is just a blatant excuse to get you to go to work.
    To raise your relationship with the people at the cafe you need to wear the right clothes, go outside, go to the left, enter the cafe, talk to both characters and then leave because you can only talk to them once per day.
    The relationships have caps, but you don't get a hint on how to raise those caps.
    Some of the icons are really far apart from each other, making it tedious to navigate with a mouse.
    Overall a bad UX, worse than most Maker and Trainer games, but better than the original Chloe game.

Writing is still pretty poor.
    Chloe enters the bathroom
    "That was a long trip"
    (Chloe gets in the shower)
    cut to Chloe in the shower
    "That was a long trip"
    A thief conveniently stole Chloe's clothes, and only her clothes, on her first day, while there were 3 other people in the house, one in the bedroom where her clothes where, not counting Chloe, what are the odds? That's the lousiest excuse I've seen, there wasn't even an attempt at humor here.
    "Kids nowadays don't even know their genders" yawn, gender jokes should have been aborted.
    "Get away from me with your mainstream uncool clothes" Did I mention the game had bad characterization?
    "Somehow the house got cleaner" Game stating the obvious again in a dumb way. I'm sure Chloe cleaning had nothing to do with it.
    I would comment more on the writing but at some point I couldn't care anymore.

Music is an annoying loop, again.

UI has improved but some of the menus are still an ugly mess.

Dialogue/story font is bigger, properly aligned and easier to read.

GCs look better and are where the game improves the most. Environments in particular look a lot better. The changing room in the first game was an absolute mess, but the bathroom here has reflections and all the textures look better.
    Some of them are still not great, like the kitchen, but I can tell that it's a kitchen at a glance, and they even tried to add a bit of exterior (though the perspectives don't match).
    I have some questions about the stairs in the living room, though.
    Overall CGs are decent but not nearly good enough to bear through the grind or bad dialogues .
  3. 3.00 star(s)

CeeJay2265

Pros:
    - Worthy and reasonably fun side addition to the Chloe... verse?
    - Visibly a testing ground for some of the best content in "Back to Class"
    - Chloe is as enjoyably naughty as ever

Cons:
    - As with all these games, a significant amount of grind
    - Despite this, shorter than either "Chloe18" or "Back to Class"
    - Billed as "completed" but is not so

Vacation has many of the same benefits, and flaws, as other games in the Chloe series. Grind-heavy and repetitive gameplay is the biggest flaw, and the characters are the biggest asset, especially the lovely, funny and perennially horny Chloe.

The grinding wasn't quite as bad for me as some other reviewers have alluded to. Having to maintain cleanliness and "hunger" is a bit of a chore but not really that difficult, especially once one works out that the housecleaning stuff that interferes with those two things is really mostly there to enable a certain "tease" plot point. Character relationships actually progress a lot more easily than in Back to Class and there's no school plotline to try working the rest of Chloe's adventures around, so it all evens out.

If you played "Back to Class" first, you'll quickly notice that several major story settings in that game -- the "road trip," the RPG group and the bar -- appear in similar or nearly the same forms in this one. I'm assuming they were tested here and ported over to the later game, I don't really know the timeline, but the details of the bar, at least, are different enough to be worth playing as they appear here.

Overall, the content specific to Vacation is hot enough to be part of the "Chloe-verse," although I would rank most of the best of the other two games as hotter and more creative (excepting some delightfully bonkers "Annie and Justin" content). It's a shorter game overall, though, especially since despite being marked "completed" it isn't, and since big chunks of it won't be new to players who experienced "Back to Class" first.

The incompleteness is regrettable because it leaves some of the most potentially interesting and kinky story possibilities stranded (for example the possibility of sex between two of Chloe's housemates that early phases of the game hint at). It's a fun few hours. I wouldn't call it essential content even for Chloe fans, though.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Lucas Martinez

This game, when you play it is quite fun for the very beginning. The story is entertaining, the characters are stereotypical but fun at times.
    So why am I giving this only 1*?
    Well, needless to say the grinding in this game quickly sucks all fun out of it. Until it is just bland, annoying, and you repeating the same tasks over and over and over again until you give up on it. It's actually really disappointing, because this and the other games in the series are quite fun at the start, however wasting hours of time to eventually get a new scene or two makes this game go from a 4* to a 1*. They all go like this, but this game is definitely the worst for it. Because the story, characters, all the fun of it is blown away like a poppadom trying to stop a bowling ball when you realise you're at a roadblock and need to grind your fingers off just to progress 1% further in the game.
    I wouldn't say don't play this game, if you play it for a short while you might like it. But if you have more time on your hands, I would not waste it on this. It is not rewarding at all
  5. 5.00 star(s)

il4400

The game is very nice and well done, a remarkable improvement of chole 18 with the addition of gallery with unlocked scenes. The sound is ok and the graphics are always very good, like the story really well done. Thanks to the developers I love the chole series.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

freakyfunk

Chloe18 games are really fun to play with. I love how slutty the character of Chloe and also the side characters are. I really wished there was content between Annie and her father and there was a scene in the basement of the petrol pump. Apart from that, the game is complete and fun. The graphics are pretty good and the animations are smooth. Definitely a good Chloe18 game.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Tokoy

Well this game is very interesting for a while and gets boring.
    The main principle of the game is to rise status but the only way to do it is repeat scenes over and over again till you don't even watch them anymore. And to rise status until you can unlock new scenes...well takes a lot of time. I suggest you use cheat engine to reduce this time (search double).

But the real problem is you never know when a path scene will unlock a new content, there is no clue that you should keep going repeating over and over. To unlock the new content you will need a X status but you don't know that and you don't know if this scene has a new content, so you most of the time keep walking around repeating all the scenes to check if something new appeared.

Another boring thing is the Hunger and cleanliness. To avoid hunger you need to cook and eat, and to cook you will lose cleanliness points... And take a bath to be clean add hunger points. So you are in this lost crazy status needs.
    I almost couldn't keep my hunger low and do something in the day, because cook one time don't max the status and after cooking 2-3 times i needed to take a bath. So it felt like real life when you don't have time to cook, eat, study, chill and keep yourself clean. Really don't know if this deserves a star or a lossy of one.

A really "Dont make any sense" in the plot is that the "Mother" says to Chloe that she shouldn't corrupt her family BUT for sure at the begginning of the game Chloe is the most non-slut person of the entire family.

PROS
    - The plot is good. Corruption is slow and takes time.
    - Chloe is a very interesting character, really like her. She's pretty sexy and got a petite body for those who like that kind of stuff. Sometimes however she is too "usable". Everyone do whatever with her and she don't care.
    - Good animations and sex scenes.
    - Dialogs are very interesting at beginning.

CONS
    - After sometime, you need to repeat scenes over and over to build status and unlock new scenes.
    - Raise status is very boring due to Chloe's needs (hunger, cleanliness) and each new "point" is hard
    - There some stranges grammar errors but nothing that intervene with gameplay.
    - Game gives you a lot of hints sometimes, but sometimes don't. So you get lost to unlock a new path.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

I am a huge fan of Chloe18. I love the original interface and the developer really puts in a lot of work into it. For the most part, Chloe18 Vacation was no different.

This game was way too grindy... When I had to pay for the Idol search multiple times, then had to go back and buy a DVD player and the second part... I had had enough. I know the original was a grind, but this game seemed much different. Between the whole wake up, shower, get dressed, get downstairs and get to work all before 11am just seemed a bit much. After a while it is just way to repetitive.

Also, there were a ton of English errors. I can handle a couple, but as you get farther into the game, the errors become worse.

On the positive side, it was fun to hang out with Chloe again. I like the humor and I always liked her reactions.

If you liked Chloe18, you will like this one. I would have like to have given this a 3.5 star rating, but it is closer to 4 than 3.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

boulimanus

Love it but so far it's slightly below the original I think. And language and spelling remain pretty poor.
    The massage parlor is not as straightforward or sexy as the gloryhole was. And also having to always go to the room to get changed before going out is also not as simple as the first game.
    But it's always nice to take Chloe on a trip to being the most 'famous' slut in town. Very nice to see a good sequel and looking forward to the next versions.
  10. T
    5.00 star(s)

Tiffany Jocelyn

Chloe gives me a chance to express my sexual fantasy in a safe secure way with a story that can really speak to you if you've ever found yourself in a similar situation! The story is both fun and funny at times!
  11. 4.00 star(s)

HSTphan

A solid follow-up game to the original Chloe18 venture. It has all of the features, both in play and story telling, that made the original game a winner. If you enjoyed Chloe18, then you will surly enjoy this. If you didn't enjoy Chloe 18, then this may not be the game for you.