4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Prscyse

Cheating Crush
Game Developer
Dec 29, 2019
I downloaded yesterday, Windows Defender finds no threats. I'm looking forward to the game.
Right, I couldn't find them either...

I reinstalled Windows yesterday and today I just realized I used the wrong drive, so the game is gone forever.

Sorry. :/

Oct 21, 2021
That is quite a set back, sheesh. Thanks for the game so far, I just started it and there is lots to like about it. Good luck with the rebuild and I hope inspiration finds you.

Reactions: Prscyse

BangB420

Dec 11, 2021
I like this NTR, just like you said "Friendzone cuckolding" but yeah the game can't load or new game. If you haven't play Nebel just try it. This games fantastic when it come to NTR. I wish BBQ make a sequel or something. :love: :love: :love:
Link to game?

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
No, but I'll have to make it from scratch. Hahah.
I just caught up on this, I'm very disappointed.

Firstly, let's assume you're entirely innocent and there was no Trojan. Why did you delete your entire harddrive with Windows installation if there was no problems? That makes no sense.

So there WAS a trojan, which still doesn't make any sense for you to delete your entire hardrive. How did it get there? Why did it only infect the files containing the game you're going to publish onto the Internet?

Secondly, why would you not backup your game on the cloud? You're a developer, you've spent time on this work. Now, to be fair most f95zone developers including a lot of translating groups don't know what version control is. But they do know what Google Drive, One Drive, Box, or any of those drag and drop interfaces are.

Thirdly, assuming you did delete the game from your local computer, you don't have to restart since there's probably tens or hundreds of copies of your latest release on the Internet. All you need to do is download it, pirate your own game, and keep working from there.

I only played the very first release of this game, I was even a Patron for a month or two. But this is just either pure incompetence and/or malice.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: drone4of2

Prscyse

Cheating Crush
Game Developer
Dec 29, 2019
I just caught up on this, I'm very disappointed.

Firstly, let's assume you're entirely innocent and there was no Trojan. Why did you delete your entire harddrive with Windows installation if there was no problems? That makes no sense.

So there WAS a trojan, which still doesn't make any sense for you to delete your entire hardrive. How did it get there? Why did it only infect the files containing the game you're going to publish onto the Internet?

Secondly, why would you not backup your game on the cloud? You're a developer, you've spent time on this work. Now, to be fair most f95zone developers including a lot of translating groups don't know what version control is. But they do know what Google Drive, One Drive, Box, or any of those drag and drop interfaces are.

Thirdly, assuming you did delete the game from your local computer, you don't have to restart since there's probably tens or hundreds of copies of your latest release on the Internet. All you need to do is download it, pirate your own game, and keep working from there.

I only played the very first release of this game, I was even a Patron for a month or two. But this is just either pure incompetence and/or malice.
Right. The simple answer is... yes, I'm that dumb. xD

I can explain each of your questions, yes, but I don't think it's really that important. In these few months, I think I've progressed a lot with the game, and as hardworking as I am, I'll have a better version really soon.

But yes, basically, I never uploaded a backup online, and my computer was indeed full of trojans, so I installed Windows 11 on one of the two hard drives I have. Apparently, I was too distracted with other things, maybe I rushed, or maybe I'm just too dumb as I said already, and ended up installing it in the hard drive I spent two days backing up everything on.

The thing is, using one of my own uploads of the game wouldn't work because I can't get the models and everything from it to keep making similar renderings and animations, so I created new ones, which I actually think look way better. Take a look:

1679799987323.png 1679800072532.png 1679800543050.png 1679800563323.png

I read you only played the initial release, so maybe you would like to take a look at one of a few animations I added to the last version:

On the other hand, I've been criticized for having too much text in the game and for the RPG Maker mechanics, so I'm making the new game way shorter in that sense, and I'll just release the long version in a pdf file or whatever, for those interested in reading the big whole story. I'm also probably going to remove the little sprite's RPG mechanics completely and just focus on images and animations.

But yeah, in general, it's as bad as you described it, and I feel ashamed. Still, I prefer to take it as an opportunity to make a better game. It's fine if I don't get patrons for some time. I enjoy this, and although I would love to fully dedicate my time to things like these, it's probably not realistic, and even if it is, I like my job, so there's no rush. :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
But yeah, in general, it's as bad as you described it, and I feel ashamed. Still, I prefer to take it as an opportunity to make a way better game. It's fine if I don't get patrons for some time. I enjoy this, and although I would love to fully dedicate my time to things like these, it's probably not realistic, and even if it is, I like my job, so there's no rush. :)
You have a really good attitude. I can't wait to play whatever you release next.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Prscyse
Jul 27, 2021
It's a shame if you have to start over again, because I was liking the progress on this game.

But this happening just goes to show it's best practice to use Sandboxie or a Virtual Machine while playing games from any given source including F95. Might be a bit shameless to promote the Sandboxie thread I made myself that you can find in my bio, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

If Windows Defender or other anti-virus solutions picks it up even better, but if it doesn't (yet) Sandboxie properly set-up can prevent bad stuff from happening in the first place.

This video shows an example of somebody intentionally opening malware/viruses in Sandboxie:

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes