RPGM Abandoned Charlotte [v0.1.1] [Lady Kimaris]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Athilora

Apr 13, 2018
I tried playing the game but when I pick the second lock (the one in the office desk) the game froze. I repeated the process three times just to make sure and it happened it ended up repeating the issue.

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
As mentioned by others - some events simply don't trigger. It has nothing to do with old saves. Fresh download, new game. Sometimes I can't get the hairpins from the bedroom drawer. Sometimes I can't open the office at all. Sometimes I get stuck after opening the desk drawer in the office. Sometimes after reading the documents it becomes morning other times it stay night if I waited for the butler. Didn't test if I don't wait for him. Either way - there is nothing of significance since the initial release which was a long time ago. And am I correct to assume the dev is working on two games at the same time? I don't see a future for either of them if that's the case.

Losartana

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
As mentioned by others - some events simply don't trigger. It has nothing to do with old saves. Fresh download, new game. Sometimes I can't get the hairpins from the bedroom drawer. Sometimes I can't open the office at all. Sometimes I get stuck after opening the desk drawer in the office. Sometimes after reading the documents it becomes morning other times it stay night if I waited for the butler. Didn't test if I don't wait for him. Either way - there is nothing of significance since the initial release which was a long time ago. And am I correct to assume the dev is working on two games at the same time? I don't see a future for either of them if that's the case.
I understand, I posted a video showing my view of the game as a developer and player, so I don't understand where and why the bug happens for some players.

If you wait for the butler, it really gets dark, because the butler only comes back at night and besides that there is a "punishment", the forest gets darker and the lock pick skill gets 20 instead of 25 if you don't wait for the butler, making the game harder.

HoundGoat21

Oct 22, 2021
Could it be because the download files here are the problem? Like others said my game freeze after lockpick grandpa office.

So I delete my game and download from itch.io and it works fine.

Fun concept, shame about the lack of developer funds for more art commissions. But are they really supposed to be that expensive?

Losartana

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Could it be because the download files here are the problem? Like others said my game freeze after lockpick grandpa office.

So I delete my game and download from itch.io and it works fine.

Fun concept, shame about the lack of developer funds for more art commissions. But are they really supposed to be that expensive?
Thanks for finding the error, I wasn't understanding anything, because no matter how hard I tried to figure it out, I didn't even know where to start.

When I met Shegumy_ket (designer), she didn't charge that much, but then she raised the price and put commercial use on it, making something expensive, even more expensive. I don't want to change the art or put AI art in Charlotte, so I'll be focusing on the other projects.

Losartana

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
For some reason, the version that many are installing is the old version.

Download the current version from my .

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
For some reason, the version that many are installing is the old version.

Download the current version from my .
I havent played the game and I dont plan on it yet, but is there femdom on mc content planned?

Kail Nightwalk

Dec 20, 2017
Thanks for finding the error, I wasn't understanding anything, because no matter how hard I tried to figure it out, I didn't even know where to start.

When I met Shegumy_ket (designer), she didn't charge that much, but then she raised the price and put commercial use on it, making something expensive, even more expensive. I don't want to change the art or put AI art in Charlotte, so I'll be focusing on the other projects.
There was no error with the file itself.

It seems like the problem was that players would explore Charllote's room and take those hairpins from her drawers (dunno why buts it's available to take). This allows them to bypass the waiting section for the Butler and just lockpick their way into the office. Once they are in they would again use the lock pick to open the locked drawer which leads them to freeze in place. This is what happened with my first playthrough as well.

I tried your method and avoided taking the hairpins at the start, which allowed me to wait for the butler to arrive and learn how to do the lock pick in the library.

Just finished the game, I cant wait for the rest man.

Last edited:

Losartana

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
There was no error with the file itself.

It seems like the problem was that players would explore Charllote's room and take those hairpins from her drawers (dunno why buts it's available to take). This allows them to bypass the waiting section for the Butler and just lockpick their way into the office. Once they are in they would again use the lock pick to open the locked drawer which leads them to freeze in place. This is what happened with my first playthrough as well.

I tried your method and avoided taking the hairpins at the start, which allowed me to wait for the butler to arrive and learn how to do the lock pick in the library.

Just finished the game, I cant wait for the rest man.
I thank you very much for helping me find the error. I would never have known without this help.

I look forward to continuing Charlotte, my other project will be out in May.

Again, thank you very much.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kail Nightwalk
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote