• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed Cerulean Days [Steam + R18] [Cascade of Leaves]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Amarinth12

Nov 9, 2022
All of that is true. But what I was mainly getting at is that even before all these social apps, there was still a lot of lonely people, and that I don't think that the advent of these new apps has significantly changed the actual number of lonely people, so going back to those day's by shutting down the 'Net isn't going to do much to reduce loneliness. What the Social stuff *does* do, IMO, is make the line between socialites and inverts clearer to others. As I said, though, that's just my opinion as someone who has lived in both pre-Net and the current times.
I party agree with your opinion, but internet really does impact A LOT if you live in the society with the collective culture. The collective culture is now gradually replaced by more individual culture due to rapidly growing internet. Loneliness, toxicity, and apathetic behaviour are just few of the downside caused by this phenomenon. Definitely, there will be a lot of lonely people in this particular country, but it can be greatly reduced by limiting internet consumption. This is also from someone who has lived in both pre-internet age and current times while also in the country with collective culture.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote