Xill

Jan 10, 2018
i guess it's about a year but maybe less if i can get my friends involved in the game development or just find more free time.
Based on what I've seen on this website, that is extremely ambitious. Good luck though.

Reactions: hr17

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
It is a deep and long story in an impossibly large fantasy world of the Middle Ages, into which the protagonist falls to save the empire from destruction. Our main heroine will encounter many obstacles on her way, starting from poverty and the difficulties of living in a similar but completely different world to the possibility of finding herself behind bars for life in a royal prison.
Can the main character cope with her task and return to her present, or will she have to stay in the new world forever and completely destroy modernity with her imprecise actions?
unacurratic actions? :unsure:
inaccurate actions? :giggle:
Try this overview it's more accurate.

Good luck, Jull

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Try this overview it's more accurate.

Good luck, Jull
thank you so much for this fix. absolute brainlag from me with unacurratic

i just want to add that it is not the empire, it is the realm. the prologue doesn` show this plot completely yet, but there are many realms of different deities. we are playing in the Realm of the Gods, in which the power of a deity is reflected in the power of its religion

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not a terribly original idea for a game, but I like the elements of anachronism you are introducing - your character doesn't just slide into the new world smoothly, she has trouble fitting in and recognizing how alien she appears. That can ake the game unique, if you can keep it up. You probably want to address language, though, since these people would not be speaking modern English.

Others have pointed out the graphical challenges of the game, so i won't go there, but I will say that you need to decide on the voice you want to use. In the current version, you skip around from third to second to first and back again seemingly at random. Also, you have the character know things that she wouldn't know (like the fact that the man is removing his pants when she is blindfolded, as one example of many). My recommendation is that you stick to third person, but from the FMC's POV, so that she does not know anything that someone in her position would not know.

Anther issue is that the player is forced to make choices without any information on the consequences of any of the choices, which means that the choices are basically random. That's not fun. For instance, the player has no way of knowing that the very first choice in the game (run from the guards or wait for them) is a choice between (1) running and inevitably getting sold into slavery, or (2) waiting and thus inevitably being murdered or imprisoned for life, all without the slightest reason or sense. Presumably, the "run away" choice will have the unselectable choices filled in, which makes it the only choice that allows the character to survive, but, again, the player has no way of knowing this. Making the guards sound more hostile before the choice would help matters greatly.

As an aside, guards in medieval city guarded the city. They didn't walk around murdering people. Soldiers were expensive to recruit, train, and equip. Patrolling the city would be left to some sort of city watch, which wouldn't be armored or heavily armed. That's a nit, though.

So, besides the graphics, I'd advise rewording the text into something consistent, and making player choices meanigful but not random. Keep up the "stranger in a strange land" approach. Most importantly, make sure all of the design decisions you make are those that will lead to story events that you are excited to write about, even if that means ignoring everything I said above. Your enthusiasm is the most critical element of a successful design.

Last edited:

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Not a terribly original idea for a game, but I like the elements of anachronism you are introducing - your character doesn't just slide into the new world smoothly, she has trouble fitting in and recognizing how alien she appears. That can ake the game unique, if you can keep it up. You probably want to address language, though, since these people would not be speaking modern English.

Others have pointed out the graphical challenges of the game, so i won't go there, but I will say that you need to decide on the voice you want to use. In the current version, you skip around from third to second to first and back again seemingly at random. Also, you have the character know things that she wouldn't know (like the fact that the man is removing his pants when she is blindfolded, as one example of many). My recommendation is that you stick to third person, but fro the FMC's POV, so that she does not know anything that someone in her position would now.

Anther issue is that the player is forced to make choices without any information on the consequences of any of the choices, which means that the choices are basically random. That's not fun. For instance, the player has no way of knowing that the very first choice in the game (run from the guards or wait for them) is a choice between (1) running and inevitably getting sold into slavery, or (2) waiting and thus inevitably being murdered or imprisoned for life, all without the slightest reason or sense. Presumably, the "run away" choice will have the unselectable choices filled in, which makes it the only choice that allows the character to survive, but, again, the player has no way of knowing this. Making the guards sound more hostile before the choice would help matters greatly.

As an aside, guards in medieval city guarded the city. They didn't walk around murdering people. Soldiers were expensive to recruit, train, and equip. Patrolling the city would be left to some sort of city watch, which wouldn't be armored or heavily armed. That's a nit, though.

So, besides the graphics, I'd advise rewording the text into something consistent, and making player choices meanigful but not random. Keep up the "stranger in a strange land" approach. Most importantly, make sure all of the design decisions you make are those that will lead to story events that you are excited to write about, even if that means ignoring everything I said above. Your enthusiasm is the most critical element of a successful design.
thank you for this great feedback

there is indeed a problem with the text in the prologue, but i've already found a solution to that. in the prologue it will most likely stay that way, but in the rest of the gameplay - third-person messages will be showed in two ways

1) separate scenes where the third person talks about what's going on
2) in gameplay

so the game will be FMC 3rdPOV.

and so there will no longer be a mix of first, third and second person.

about choices. i'm trying to make the game more immersive. eg. in choise with the guards, i tried to create a tense atmosphere at the expense of the protagonist alienness and the attention of the people around her.
iassume there will be important/unimportant choices in the gameplay. important ones will remain immersive for difficulty and more interesting gameplay, unimportant ones will have a description of possible consequences

Azurblau

Feb 11, 2022
mmh went in, took the more sensible option at the start, got told that the world ended because of that choice...

gonna be honest thats a good blow to my desire to try out more of the game if the first choice already spirals into a drawn out, overly wordy game over

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Text Based? So no H-CGs or H-images at least??

add H-images to each H-scene in my plans. also for some important events in the game.
i've noticed that the text-based tag has long been used not for text-only games, but for games where text plays the main role.

but i wanna warn you that the images will be in the same pixel style. Only with more pixels than everything else

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
IMHO pixel art is one of the hardest to get right. There's a real art form to making something recognizable with just a handful of pixels, simply down-rezzing existing art or photographs usually doesn't work very well. You have to emphasize the details, which is why the best pixel art usually looks at least a little cartoonish.

For example, in the screenshots for this game the faces are just a mush of flesh colored pixels. You can barely make out even the chin line, much less mouth or nose.

Reactions: hr17

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
I wish you the best of luck with your game and its development. It sounds like your vision is huge. Pace yourself and don't let it eat you up.

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Announce. 0.03a Public Build
September 10.

I set September 10 as the deadline for the 0.03a Public Build version release.
This version will include:

• New user interface including character sheet, inventory, character statuses and index
  • Travel system
  • Continued intro
  • Line where Tessa was raped by a guard
  • More H-events
This`s not all the content that may be available in the 0.03a Public Build. This is just the content that is guaranteed to be added. If i manage to finalize my plans faster than release day - i will complete the version with even more content

SCREENSHOTS SHOW OLD CHARACTER SPRITES

1693997593396.png
1693997576104.png

Reactions: Joe Steel

Everykissbegs

Jun 26, 2020
Is there any way to play on mobile, a majority of games even if they say windows, work on Joiplay, but this seems to be one of the few that don't.

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Is there any way to play on mobile, a majority of games even if they say windows, work on Joiplay, but this seems to be one of the few that don't.
Ми plans include creating a version for mobile phones. for example, game menus already support reading using mobile devices. Currently in development 0.03a Public Build, which will include a large pack of game mechanics. But even at this early stage it involves several problems:

1) Some menus may be unreadable on small phone screens. For a comfortable game i'll have to create several types of menus or redo those that already exists
2) Game interface may simply be too complex for mobile devices. At this stage of development it includes a large sidebar consisting of main buttons, navigation and actions. I'm sure this sidebar works well on a desktop, but I'm not sure how it will work on a mobile screen.

therefore, i cannot promise that the mobile version of the game will appear and i cannot even suggest approximately when. Now development is aimed at completing the 0.03a public build and further filling the game with only story up to 0.20a

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
0.03a Public Build
mechanics. mechanics. mechanics
  • inventory system added
    at the moment the game has an extended inventory system, which allows to display a list of items available to the character, interact with them and get information about them. also each item has its own value in a certain part of the game world;

• changed character sprite
    previously, the game used a different character rendering structure. now the character is asset-based, including body and layers of clothing, which the player can edit at will;

• status system added
    in addition to appearance, the character now has a system of statuses that affect the gameplay. some statuses temporarily change stats, some statuses increase the chance of certain events and so on;

• fame system added
    now character actions can increase or decrease fame in a certain region. fame is divided not only into zones, but also into levels, displayed in the social stats window in the character window;

• character stats added
    various character stats have been added. open stats display Tessa's abilities in certain directions, while hidden stats affect your character's behavior, events around her, and your character's stats, displayed in the status window;

• night and day system;
  • sleep system;
  • prologue continuation;
  • new locations (Main Street);
  • location system (more details in future patches);
  • advanced GUI;
  • preparation for achievement system.
at the moment the goal of development is to expand the technical aspects of the game. adding fundamental features that will allow you to play it comfortably. i'm guessing it won't be too long from now on before i reach the right stage where i can continue to develop the main story and add a lot of side stories

the start of the development in the direction of expanding the story will begin with patch 0.10a Public Build

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
i've found the dumbest way to fix the bug with not memorizing clothes. im completing the code and the bugfix will be published

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
CelestialIntervention-0.04a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.

We're doing a funding run! !​

Last edited:

DracoBorealis

Dec 13, 2020
So got out of house, tried to earn some money and now my char is so weak willed that she is too afraid to leave market street and unable to play, great design lol I mean taking decisions away from the player like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: lspdk

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
So got out of house, tried to earn some money and now my char is so weak willed that she is too afraid to leave market street and unable to play, great design lol.

hi, thanks for your feedback

the content you mentioned is the only content available after leaving the house. once story development starts (from version 0.1, not 0.01) even after THIS path there will be some content

btw. the game is at 0.03a version. you can call it anything you want: alpha build, experimental version, early access etc. but what i want to say is that the game code development has been going on since september 5. almost all of that time has been spent on developing mechanics, not story. sorry

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
0.03a Public Build
some bugfixes

- the inventory system has been changed. it is now used only to display items that your character has. the items use will take place in the game world;
- changed the system of character clothing rendering;
- fixed bug with saving character's clothes;
- fixed bug with saving statuses of character's clothes;
- character can now change clothes in the wardrobe.