tyrant95

Aug 24, 2017
That's one of the biggest problems with the combat system. 4 out of 5 times, the game doesn't register that you used a skill (or at least doesn't immediately end the turn). And then when you get frustrated and start spam clicking the skills, it also sometimes bugs out and uses two skills when the turn actually happens.
My exact issue, I would expect that selecting the action you want to perform would open the modifier cards immediately and after a card is selected the turn will end, but it doesn't do that; when I select a card the game does nothing. Only time when the turn seems to advance is when I request more cards.

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
The majority of cards require a target, usually a member of the team, sometimes an enemy.

Reactions: Torinir

onewholerat

May 21, 2023
seems like a really good foundation so far... my only gripes/suggestions is generally what other people have said: clunky combat and sex interactions are clunky, and i wish there were more customization options for the captain though adding any extra would obviously require a lot more art and writing which is damn annoying to do. with this being said i think there's enough interest in the game to warrant getting more artists onboard or for people to even volunteer some (wink wink)

Reactions: arcticorc

Runario

Dec 6, 2019
Some more bugs:
(I played it on a steamdeck -> small screen)

- the answers you can give in dialogues don't scale with the scaling of the font size so they are rly small on a small screen

- if you click the [view scene image] and klick a bit around in the menu the image will overlap everything after seducing a crewmember and in the command area... only a reloading can fix the problem

- if you klick on crewmember A in the [Crew Roster] and and go through the other crewmembers with [Next Profile] and then try to [seduce] crewmember C you will always share the bed with crewmember A not C were you actually pressed seduce

- the [exit-button] on the ship-screen of the DTF Explorer is kind of invisible because of the underlapping of the ship-immage which has the same color as the button...

Last edited:

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Steamdeck issues I can't really offer much help on - the main reason I'm not doing Android versions are because I don't have the time for development & testing on mobile platforms (also lack of hardware). I'll look into the seduction bug though.

Re: Character creator, glad you're enjoying it, but it's safe to say there's no plans to expand it at the moment. There are currently 13,563 possible player portraits not including clothing, which feels Sufficient for a game bringing in a couple hundred a month. Between portraits, CGs, etc, the game is actually currently spending several times what it makes on artwork commissions.

Nessiah

Mar 20, 2018
The game definitely has alot of potential. But the problem is both the combat and sex interface/system is incredibly unintuitive, buggy and not fun to use.

Reactions: Spamwise

domacleod

Oct 18, 2017
This may be overly critical:

The interface is very bad. Scrolling is very slow. The colors are causing me a headache. The background music is also causing me a headache.

I hope that's just a me thing and not a sadistic attempt at torturing players.

Nov 8, 2021
Integrating hotkeys and a variable scroll speed would be great. The overall UI colour burst is a struggle in some places, I agree to that.
Maybe some kind of journal could help in tracking/figuring out coming objectives/events.

Spamwise

Mar 29, 2020
Experiencing a bug where I load a saved game before travel, and I have double the tasks to assign. Since I do not have double the crew, travel becomes impossible.

Last edited:

anonwk3

Oct 25, 2021
Does any save scum to get better crew I know I do because way the game generates crew can undermine a playthrough I wish that some perks and stats were more balanced and in line with career tracks, like it make sence that a tac officer might have low intel or have a higher chance of getting the jock perk but you have 2 inefficient officers and a R&D officer with a intellgence of 1 makes how i'm meant to optimise my crew

Spamwise

Mar 29, 2020
It would be nice if the blog would update the public version, in line with it's claims to have done so.

DaScoot

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Sorry about that, mistake on my end - I must've forgotten to hit save on the changes to the public itch page.

You're actually the first person to say anything. :oops:

Reactions: Spamwise

bobbot

May 10, 2018
Sorry about that, mistake on my end - I must've forgotten to hit save on the changes to the public itch page.

You're actually the first person to say anything. :oops:
prob because so many of us here are used to devs just going dark suddenlly... some of us just expect it to happen.

Reactions: Shasou

Spamwise

Mar 29, 2020
It seems like a combat system where your away team acts as one organized unit, and acts in unison would be simpler. You could use the member's skills to determine overall unit stats.

EG tactical officer grants damage potential, medical grants health regen, technical grants shields etc.
Think of it as a modern infantry unit, where the entire squad supports the machine gunner.

This would also simplify combat into success or failure states, rather than which member of which team goes down :sneaky: first.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote