• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Can't access Hitomi.la

Metaxes

Jan 17, 2019
Hi, everyone. Recently i tried to enter to Hitomi.la to read an old hentai i foud there a long ago, but Yesterday and Today i tied to enter but i cannot load the page when i click the link. I've tried to enter also on my smartphone but i doesn't work. I loocked on the internet to find if there are also others in this situation but it seems that i'm the only one. There are others that cannot access? If you solved this problem, how did you manage to solve it?

Reactions: pepp33

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Just downloaded a new Nakani doujin so it's not the site, try a proxy or VPN. I use the one that comes with Opera to get to some blocked torrent sites and ZippyShare.

Reactions: Metaxes

n3k0d3v

Dec 5, 2017
Most likely the problem is DNS.

You can try flushing your DNS cache on WIndows by typing "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotes) in command prompt (cmd).
If that does not work then it is very possible that your ISP is blocking the site through DNS. You can check if the ISP is blocking it by typing the following command in cmd: "nslookup hitomi.la" (also without quotes). If the response to this query is something like "refused" then they are blocking it on DNS level. Then after that you can also try "ping 78.142.29.56" in cmd. This command will ping the IP address of the server. If there is response then that means its only blocked on DNS level.
The solutions to this (if its only blocked on DNS level) would be:
  • To change your DNS in system settings of your operating system to something like 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 (very easy jsut google it).
  • You can try encrypted DNS with dnscrypt-proxy (advanced, not recommended).
  • Use Firefox with DoH (DNS over HTTPS) enabled. Also you can enable ESNI (optional).
If there is no response with ping query or response is timeout then the ISP is blocking the IP.
The solutions to this would be:
  • Proxy
  • VPN
  • Tor Browser

n3k0d3v

Dec 5, 2017
...other solutions?
What is the response to nslookup and ping commands?
Have you tried everything from my post above?

Above solutions are most common ones and should work for everyone... Unless you are living in countries which actively censor the internet and employ technologies like deep packet inspection. Some countries block content but most do it in half-assed manner where only DNS query to the ISP is refused and it's trivial to bypass it. And that's why it should be troubleshooted first to see what you are dealing with.

StokkaFilippo

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2018
What is the response to nslookup and ping commands?
Have you tried everything from my post above?

Above solutions are most common ones and should work for everyone... Unless you are living in countries which actively censor the internet and employ technologies like deep packet inspection. Some countries block content but most do it in half-assed manner where only DNS query to the ISP is refused and it's trivial to bypass it. And that's why it should be troubleshooted first to see what you are dealing with.
Ping say : Query refused

I suppose my IP is blocked, but also I've tried using my phone. Same result. I also used hideip, and nothing

Reactions: Munine00

n3k0d3v

Dec 5, 2017
Ping say : Query refused

I suppose my IP is blocked, but also I've tried using my phone. Same result. I also used hideip, and nothing
So it seems your ISP is blocking the IP. Since you said that proxy service hideip is not working, your options now are either VPN or Tor Browser.

Reactions: StokkaFilippo

CeresSaaas

Oct 24, 2018
Most likely the problem is DNS.

You can try flushing your DNS cache on WIndows by typing "ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotes) in command prompt (cmd).
If that does not work then it is very possible that your ISP is blocking the site through DNS. You can check if the ISP is blocking it by typing the following command in cmd: "nslookup hitomi.la" (also without quotes). If the response to this query is something like "refused" then they are blocking it on DNS level. Then after that you can also try "ping 78.142.29.56" in cmd. This command will ping the IP address of the server. If there is response then that means its only blocked on DNS level.
The solutions to this (if its only blocked on DNS level) would be:
  • To change your DNS in system settings of your operating system to something like 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 (very easy jsut google it).
  • You can try encrypted DNS with dnscrypt-proxy (advanced, not recommended).
  • Use Firefox with DoH (DNS over HTTPS) enabled. Also you can enable ESNI (optional).
If there is no response with ping query or response is timeout then the ISP is blocking the IP.
The solutions to this would be:
  • Proxy
  • VPN
  • Tor Browser
Dns solution worked first time, just a little struggle with following an English tutorial with terminology since I'm Italian, but worked out just fine