"Cannot extract package" in every Rpg Maker MV

Jun 18, 2017
every time i start a rpg maker mv game this message appear= "Cannot extract package, unable to create temporary directory" and another game is affected similarly and is glassix that just appear NW.JS

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
@javier_the_stupid_asshole
This is a folder/hard drive writing permissions error.

Usually, when this happens it's because the folder/location you're running the game from doesn't have the correct folder permissions such as "Administrator access"

Or because another program is blocking the game folder from creating the temp files needed to play the game such as an anti-virus program.

A couple of suggestions :
1. Move the game folder to your desktop and run it. <- "This fixes a lot of issues with running RPGMV games"
2. Depending on which Anti-virus program you're using you could disable it for a couple of moments and try running the game to see if this is what is causing the issue.

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
I don't think this'll help many people, but I use a VM to play RPG maker games on my mac, so I just made a new VM, installed a new RPG Maker VX Ace, and my rpg games seem to work fine now.

DarkForse

Sep 23, 2017
I just got the same problem and after some time of sweating/tweaking and all kind of other stuff i figured it out there was a problem with my \temp (file/folder) located in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local" for some reason i was having a 0 bytes file and not a folder in there and i was not able to start any RPG maker game or download anything from the net. I just deleted that file and everything is ok now. Not really know why or how this happened i am on Windows 10 x64 hope this helps if someone having same problem.

P.S. after deleting that \temp file windows created \temp folder itself.