Ren'Py Can anyone help me?

Bruxo_000

Jun 21, 2022
Hello, I'm having problems with the game "A Family Venture". It's that error that happens in 50% of some Renpy games "AN EXCEPTION HAS OCCURRED".
Captura de tela 2024-05-01 000005.png
Now, you might be thinking "but that's easy, just ignore it and get on with the game", yes you could, but this is happening when I need to pick up an item from the warehouse. Captura de tela 2024-05-01 085836.png
After I click, the error appears, and then "You've picked up 1 wine" appears, but when I go to the inventory it's showing 0.
Captura de tela 2024-05-01 085748.png
And this is preventing me from advancing in Aunt Camille's quests, because I need the Wine when to use it when she's kicked out of the main character's mother's room.

Another thing, there's a mission where the character has to have sex with Sidney at the Club, I do it, but no mission is completed.

If anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful! Thanks

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Most likely the dev fucked up. Just report that error to the dev, and he'll fix it.

Reactions: Bruxo_000

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hello, I'm having problems with the game "A Family Venture". It's that error that happens in 50% of some Renpy games "AN EXCEPTION HAS OCCURRED".
View attachment 3592425
As Winterfire said, it's the dev who totally fucked up, and the right thing to do is to report the issue in the game thread. The said dev is still a regular member, so he should see it.

This being said, you're playing the Alpha patreon only version, while the version available here is the public Beta one. So, it's possible that the bug have already been fixed, and you should starts by playing the last version.

Bruxo_000

Jun 21, 2022
As Winterfire said, it's the dev who totally fucked up, and the right thing to do is to report the issue in the game thread. The said dev is still a regular member, so he should see it.

This being said, you're playing the Alpha patreon only version, while the version available here is the public Beta one. So, it's possible that the bug have already been fixed, and you should starts by playing the last version.
Thanks bro, so I can't use the old save? Do I have to start the game again?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Thanks bro, so I can't use the old save? Do I have to start the game again?
I have totally no clue. I'm not the dev nor a player of his game, so I don't know if the said game is save compatible or not.