VN Ren'Py Camp Buddy Scoutmaster [v1.5] [Mikkoukun]

4.70 star(s) 13 Votes

meigame

Engaged Member
Dec 2, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Camp Buddy [BlitsGames]- Original Size: 5.33GB (15.7GB on disk)

Download PC (973MB download | 1.17GB on disk) : - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Brilliant. Thank you

Eurekachan26

Feb 2, 2018
I would totally try it if was more trap and less.....boyish? if thats is the word. For some reason it remind me Ben 10 artwork.

Whoever try it, wish you a good enjoyable time.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I'm going to have to somewhat disagree here but that's probably because I think the genre can do soooo much better than this. The early Black Monkey Pro games popularized the genre, as far as I'm concerned. I loved that shit back in the day and I'll admit a little piece of my died when the group broke up. The problem with many of these yaoi games, in my opinion, is that they're shallow. I'm slowly playing through Camp Buddy now between working on my own game and I chose Hiro's route first. While Camp Buddy has significantly improved story over the previous BMP works, the characters are still sorta flat and the dialogue is really juvenile and basic. To prophesize that someday someone will do something equal to this sets a pretty low bar. As far as I'm concerned, the genre can only improve. Camp Buddy is a significant improvement over the past works of BMP by a longshot. I was an early supporter of Seiyuu Danshi on Kickstarter but then once it started fleshing out, the dialogue was (again) juvenile at best. @Fenric Andrias already noted some of the concerns about Camp Buddy and we need to keep in mind that this is over two years of development here. Plus, the game still isn't complete and they delayed some parts of the original release and plan to add it in later.
You can say that are shallow as many times as you want, but let's be honest here: a gameplay like the one from Seiyuu Danshi.. who has it here? Or in the entire Visual Novel category? Mind you, I'm saying translated and not Japanese only. Because as far as I know, most of the project that might be like that, are Western and on top of all, on going (and some are even bad). Japanese novel most are not translated - straight - and the Yaoi one's are not as.. "articulated" than the abovementioned which is Western and not anything else.

So again, the Yaoi western fanbase is much more.. diligent than the Oriental one.
(at least the fact that is not made by Jap and such, it's what I understood. About Danshi. If then it's made by them, it's a miracle somehow)

Reactions: Aaryn and Nalassa

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
You can say that are shallow as many times as you want, but let's be honest here: a gameplay like the one from Seiyuu Danshi.. who has it here? Or in the entire Visual Novel category? Mind you, I'm saying translated and not Japanese only. Because as far as I know, most of the project that might be like that, are Western and on top of all, on going (and some are even bad). Japanese novel most are not translated - straight - and the Yaoi one's are not as.. "articulated" than the abovementioned which is Western and not anything else.

So again, the Yaoi western fanbase is much more.. diligent than the Oriental one.
(at least the fact that is not made by Jap and such, it's what I understood. About Danshi. If then it's made by them, it's a miracle somehow)
I hear you and it's funny you don't see the type of gameplay used in Seiyuu openly on here. The problem is that it's not original, it's actually just a preset engine for Renpy ( ) for a generic dating sim. Basically the engine just sets things up and you get to make choices for each day on what you're going to do in the morning, afternoon, and night. It's apparently super easy to do. I looked into it when I was trying to figure out how to do my v0.01 release as a possibility but I didn't like the grind based games. I can't remember where Seiyuu was made, It wasn't Japan... I just remember a bunch of overseas tax drama with Seiyuu during the post-Kickstarter process so I knew they obviously weren't Western.

Thanatron

May 12, 2018
I'm just glad that someone uploaded this - I'm always ready for some manly yaoi. Thank you very much! :FeelsGoodMan:

lykos88

Jan 15, 2018
I played 1 route and gotta say was disapointed.
Gameplay elemenets consist of word scarple game for 5 yearsolds and touch body with right place with right way come on really thats the best you can think of.
Even if i get stamp in my head for saying this really why the hell everybody got friking sixpack stomack pretty much a Bara cendre.
And yes they gonna state that eveyone is 18 years old for opivius reasons but really they are teens.
I was looking more shota characters and found none it so stupid they state in dialog that he is lean and petite fuck that yes he is most them when compared to others but with clothes on when they get of perfect abs never hear geek with abs like that and i ma talking about the 1 route i played.
Lastly this is only my opinion for this game and i didnt get to enjoymend at all cant recomend to hardly any1 only if you like young looking musgle teenboys and dont care mediocer gameplay hope this makes some sens english isnt my native language.

PS: i really dont undestand why the game was 15gigs it had noticaple audio issues and wasnt anything special othervise.

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
I played 1 route and gotta say was disapointed.
Gameplay elemenets consist of word scarple game for 5 yearsolds and touch body with right place with right way come on really thats the best you can think of.
Even if i get stamp in my head for saying this really why the hell everybody got friking sixpack stomack pretty much a Bara cendre.
And yes they gonna state that eveyone is 18 years old for opivius reasons but really they are teens.
I was looking more shota characters and found none it so stupid they state in dialog that he is lean and petite fuck that yes he is most them when compared to others but with clothes on when they get of perfect abs never hear geek with abs like that and i ma talking about the 1 route i played.
Lastly this is only my opinion for this game and i didnt get to enjoymend at all cant recomend to hardly any1 only if you like young looking musgle teenboys and dont care mediocer gameplay hope this makes some sens english isnt my native language.

PS: i really dont undestand why the game was 15gigs it had noticaple audio issues and wasnt anything special othervise.
well if u have seen mikkoukun team art are mostly bara artstyle and the fact that bacchikoi became famous becuz the face of the male protagonist look like shota in different art angle perspective and mikkoukun's art did not mix well in shota form in camp buddy game but rather choose to be in teenage form then added with muscle details, there are better shota arts out there in twitter japan and some of them have a good mix of shota form body then added with muscle details(iv'e seen ones are better than mikkoukun art tbh...)

OrpheousTelos

Jul 27, 2017
I just started this today... And my impressions so far, are kinda mixed. Art seems really consistent, polished, backgrounds are nice as well, its aesthetically pleasing overall. Music, on the other hand, is just generic VN-music, voices are terrible, and audio mixing seems all over the place, just, mute all that crap if you plan on playing this. Story and characters all feel very bland and uninteresting, which is a norm as far as these western VNs are concerned. Its clearly catered towards fujoshis and yaoi fans, its cliche and overly cutesy at times. Writing often reads as if its translated from japanese, meaning they all speak in this unnatural manga-english. Now, it says when you start the game, that characters are all over 18, but thats not really a case, at all. If I had to guess, I would say theyre all about 13/ 14 y/o, so beware. Its not really shota game, either. Just weird, middle ground territory between bara/ shota styles.

4.70 star(s) 13 Votes