HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
So what do we have here, a game that is out for almost 2 years, it got 2 updates, no reviews, and barely 5 pages of comments? I'm not sure if that is even worth checking out.

Also why Unity for a game that is tagged as a VN and what is with the comment saying you're emulating RPGM gameplay?

llllxxxx

Apr 27, 2020
I have a problem when Michael tells me to go get a knife. When I found the knife, I can't go out with it:(:(

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
Yeah so maybe don't put planned content tags in the tags list. Make a separate entry for planned tags if u wanna advertise them.

Reactions: battali0n

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
Dear Dev.

I just played through this game and I feel a bit cheated. It's only a short introduction and it really shouldn't have the tags it's got. If it's not in your game, then don't put the tags in the description. Very simple. It pisses everyone off when you use false advertising like this. You need to fix this right fucking now, unless you want more 1-star reviews.

I was typing up a review, but I'm gonna hold off on posting it officially for a little while to let you fix the tags list first.

I noticed some typos/language errors:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is my review:

Positives:
+ there's music and it fits the scenes!
+ There's expressive faces of the characters talking along with dialogue - I like this detail a lot.
+ The general dialogue bits are well written. How the different characters talk and act are distinct. Very good!
+ There's a brewing mystery a'la the TV series Lost. The Dev is skilled in illustrating haunting and confusing situations.

Meh:
The art. The models seem nice and hot, but the lighting is ass. Dev needs to figure out how to use directional lighting to show the center of the action. It is possible to illustrate a dark atmosphere with the center of attention (such as faces) clearly visible. Learn 2 light.

Negatives
- I cant fucking save before making important dialogue choices! That's just utter bullshit and really provoking! This is the main fucking reason why you don't make VN games in unity. Lacking the Ren'Py rollback and instant save functions is kinda bad.
- Gameplay consists of trigger hunting and can only be progressed 100 % linearly. This type of gameplay isn't fun. If you're going for a VN with a single "track" of things happening in a very particular order, then dont add a sandbox world to it. That adds nothing! The sandbox is there for when there are multiple different story lines to pursue, or things to find. None of this is present in the game at this moment.
- The clock in the upper left indicates that time is somehow important - but it has no impact at all at this stage of the game.
- The game uses scrolling text. I read way faster than the text scrolls so to me it's only annoying. All big titles use instant text. Take a hint.
- How the MC reacts to the situation is sometimes waayyyy different than what i would have done. I want to really grab the doc and ask him "what the fuck is going on how did you get here? What is this place?!" but instead he goes off on a tangent "When i was a boy in france" "Let me tell you about my brother" et c. Then he taunts me when I ask how he knows something "let's just say I have my sources haha" I would have used the fucking knife to make him tell me what the fuck is going on right fucking now! It's not believable at all that the MC just gives up on trying to figure out what the fuck is going on and lets him go off on an irrelevant tangent about his life story.
- The doc splashing water on the MC was gay as fuck and i would have punched him in the face for being so fucking gay. That there's no such option really aggravates me.
- A lot of the clickables take me to a "What would you like to do"- menu. That menu has only 1 choice, being "back". Then why the fuck is the menu there to begin with? Having clickable "dead ends" is a 100 % boring mechanic. If there's nothing happening there, then don't make it clickable!
- It annoys me that the magic mushrooms aren't clickable and pickable. If you insist on using open-world type game design then you really need to let me click on shit and interact with the world! Again, this is a symptom of a linear VN-trying-to-be-a-sandbox-game. Pick your path. It's either a linear VN or a sandbox. Don't try to do both at the same time.
- It annoys me that the doc isnt telling the girl who assaults you (sorry forgot her name) right away that he told you to go get the knife. He could have defused the situation wayyyy easier by telling her. Is he retarded? Or malicious?
- The Doc's GF can't train martial arts because of "her low blood sugar" - U wot mate? Low blood sugar just means you're hungry and/or a little tired! Change this to low blood pressure or something else medicinally believable. Blood sugar means nothing in an athletic context. It's possible to run a marathon with low blood sugar. Unless she's a diabetic of course. But he's a fucking doctor! He should know this shit!

Anyways this might seem like I'm taking a huge shit on this game but that's actually not the case. The Dev's skill in illustrating reactions and situations is actually on a very high level and everything feels really believable. The use of "show, don't tell" and letting the player draw their own conclusions is something I respect a lot, and it's a rare skill among developers and visual artists. I definitely see potential here. But there's also a lot to nitpick on, which I obviously have.

I don't really recommend this "game" as of right now, because it's only a short introduction and the tags are all wrong. But I could see this becoming something really good some time in the future. That this game has been developing since 2019 kinda makes me lose hope though. If this is 1.5 years of work then I project another 10 would be needed to finish something good. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Anyways good luck going forward. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

MrBee

Aug 6, 2016
Requests:
-Save or roll back option ( Cutscene have many choices )
-Sound adjustment in settings ( music kind of sneaks up on you)
-the ability to delete saves ( have to make saves so I can test out different options but then I have to delete it from my appdata instead of in game)

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Requests:
-Save or roll back option ( Cutscene have many choices )
-Sound adjustment in settings ( music kind of sneaks up on you)
-the ability to delete saves ( have to make saves so I can test out different options but then I have to delete it from my appdata instead of in game)
Hi MrBee,
- This would actually be easy to implement cuz of how I designed the dialogue system, the save file's gonna get kinda chunky but it's no biggie. The main problem are the bugs that would arise in other areas once I do this. For the next update I'm prioritizing story, which means I won't be doing much coding, so the "save during cutscenes" would have to come later.
- Yup, I agree. My plan was to ease in the music once it started playing, there wasn't time to add it in this update but it's in my backlog.
- Since it's possible to overwrite old saves, deleting saves was commented out in the code and left incomplete cuz of other high priority stuff. Also in my backlog, I'll try to get it done in a future update.

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
Appreciate the honest review. When I saw "You need to fix this right fucking now" it seemed a little petty and I almost looked away but glad I didn't.

Wasn't trying to cheat anyone, but it's like you mentioned, they are planned content tags. I added the tags a really long time ago and haven't paid much attention to them since. But if it'll make everyone happy I have no problem changing it.

About the lighting, I do know how to use directional lights (although only learned it recently). Some of the renders, especially in the earlier scenes were made when I had little to no experience with daz. Here's one I made recently using directional lights and some spotlights

View attachment 1194608

Although I don't agree with everything you mentioned, you raised some good points in your criticisms. I can't address them all as there's a shit ton of em.

Also there's a lot of reasons why this game's development has taken so long, some of them being:
- rendering on the old shitty hardware I had when I started
- my PC getting straight up destroyed for the better half of a year
- losing important files after said PC was brought back from the dead.
- irl stuff, etc..

But all that's good now.
Sweet fucking render there mate! You certainly have figured lighting out. I'd say it's definitely worth your time to remake the early dark renders because this is on a whole new level.

I know I come off as a bit abrasive but honestly I feel it was justified. It's a privilege to be the owner of your own game thread here on f95 and I take offense when that is used to advertise a game as something it's not. An uploader would never do this. Also, it's obviously not just me taking offense. Your only review so far is a guy punishing you for it. The fact that you even got my attention in the first place would probably not even have happened if you had used the correct tags. It's like you got my attention by speeding. We didn't start off neutral.

I'll be open to discussing the finer points in what you don't agree with if you DM me. I see enough potential in your work that I want you to succeed.

Edit:
I see there's still a lot of tags indicating content I haven't seen. Should I keep looking for the femdom and creampie scenes or aren't they in the game? Do I need a guide to find them?

Last edited:

Lord1950

Oct 12, 2019
I played version 0.2.51 earlier and saved the data.
I have the feeling that the version 0.3.0 do not find the earlier saved data. (After starting the game the Load function window is blank at the new game.)
Where can I find the saved data of the earlier version and how can I load the earlier saved data for the new version?

Hans98

Aug 3, 2018
Hi there,
the game seems pretty interesting but it runs bad. Really bad. My Graphic-Card 1070!!! runs at 70% and the CPU at 30% and the gamescreen freezes continously! So frustrating! Never had problems with Games programmed in Unity before.
Tried 7 times. Always the same! I´m done!

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
I played version 0.2.51 earlier and saved the data.
I have the feeling that the version 0.3.0 do not find the earlier saved data. (After starting the game the Load function window is blank at the new game.)
Where can I find the saved data of the earlier version and how can I load the earlier saved data for the new version?
Hi Lord1950,
I made a lllot of changes to the game's code when I added several new features to v0.3.0, which made save files from v0.2.51 no longer compatible. It's a very similar issue with summer time saga updates. But starting from the next update your save files will be compatible with future updates, cuz I've added all the features I need to.

1.70 star(s) 3 Votes