VN Unity Cabin Corpse [Development Thread]

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Cover Art 2 v4.png

Hi There!

Cabin Corpse is a game I'm making in Unity. I created and developed everything down to the visual novel engine it runs on myself.
Although Unity is predominantly used as a 3d game engine, Cabin Corpse is 3dcg visual novel, with renders made in Daz Studio.
Those of you who play Renpy will feel right at home as I've designed the game to look and feel like a Renpy VN.

Overview

Our main character stumbles upon a strange cabin in the middle of the woods. He has no recollection as to who he is, or why the hallucinations and voices in his head guided him there. Once he gets acquainted with the house guests, he realizes all is not as it seems, and must uncover the secret behind a series of mysterious events. You must interact with the characters, gain their trust, form relationships, gather clues to uncover the truth, manipulate people, and decide their fates.

Characters (So Far)

Character Shot Anna & Charlie.png

Character Shot Susan & Michaele.png

Character Shot Evelyn & John.png

Character Shot Teaser.png

Day/Night Cycle and Character Activities

• Full 24-hour day/night cycle.
  • Featuring plenty of events and activities to keep you invested in the gameplay.

day_night_cycle.gif

Unique Character Activities at different times of day, and sometimes on specific days only
  • These change as the story progresses.

character_routines.gif

The Dialogue System

One thing I like to convey to the player with every line of dialogue is the character's emotions while speaking.
I created, and hand-pick face emotes to give the dialogue more weight.

walk_with_michael_1.gif

Screen Transitions

I utilize different kinds of transitions depending on the context of the scene/dialogue.
Fading to white, fading to black, dissolve, screen shake, camera panning, and zooming, etc.
I designed all the transitions myself to closely match how I envisioned the scenes to be.

campfire1.gif

Music

There are over 50 unique songs in the game, that I made myself in FL Studio.
I highly recommend playing with the music turned on, to experience the game as it was intended.

charlie theme fl studio.PNG

You can find some more of my songs over at

Chapters Plan

I've already created a story plan for the entire game.

story map new pixelated.png

These are brief story points for all the crucial points of the main story.
Right now, I've completed writing all the dialogue for Chapter 2 and I'm mostly working on just renders per update.
Chapter 2's epilogue is the biggest thing I've ever written, and I can't wait to one day release it.

Chapter 3 will introduce a huge change to the game, I hope I can one day do this full-time so I can fully realize the whole game without cutting corners.

Screenshots

Chalie Backyard Smoking clip fix.png

24.png

21.png

4.png

7-3.png

35.png

2.png

3.png

24.png

6.png

6-1.png

6-2.png

28.png

39.png

Links

Cabin Corpse F95 Page

A Note About Support

If you would like to help speed up the game's development, and eventually see it to completion,
Consider supporting me on Patreon or Subscribestar

Last edited:

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Charlie NSFW pin up 2 edit low res.jpg

I like to make wallpapers for the girls while working on their story updates.
Hi-res quality and render requests are available on my Patreon.

This is one of the most recent for Charlie. Her Story for Chapter 2 just concluded and soon I'll be making more wallpapers of Anna, as she will be leading the next update.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: VOOLTSS

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Credit When It's Due (Supporter List Auto Updater)

Now that my Patreon is getting a decent following, it's become increasingly difficult to manually update the "Hall Of Fame" Screen.
- The Hall Of Fame Screen is where I give credit to all my Patrons.

I like to credit all my Patrons even the lowest tier,
So I made a doohickey using Patreon's API to allow me to automatically update that list the moment someone becomes a Patreon.
It won't matter what version of the game you're playing, it will always show the list of all my current Patreon supporters.
So if you became a Patreon and immediately opened up the game, you would see your name already credited.

This took a long time to make, and there were times I doubted if I could pull it off, but I'm glad I did.

View attachment Hall Of Fame Update.mp4

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Currently working on the last part of Anna's quest for Chapter 2
also thinking of adding some bonus content, like some extra interactions not necessarily vital to the main story. We'll see

Anna SFW Pin up 7 low res.jpg

(Hi-Res version on my Patreon)

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
My original vision for Cabin Corpse involves a lot of a certain taboo that starts with an "R".
Chapter 3 was meant to be filled with it.

But for obvious reasons, I had to cut it from the current planned versions...

Apparently, Subscribestar has no problems with this,
so if you would like to see the game with a lot of the "R"-word in it, like it was originally intended, you can become a member of my Subscribestar.

If it gets up to $500 in support I will start working on adding the cut taboo content to the game, and upload that to Subscribestar.

It would be nice if I could reach that goal before I start creating renders for Chapter 3,
because once I've made Chapter 3 with the cut content, it's gonna be much harder to go back and make changes.

Last edited:

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
V0.4.9 Sneak Preview

This update will feature some Anna, Michael, and Charlie story content. And will be progressing the main story.

sneak peek 0.4.9.png

metalblinga

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
After so many months of non-stop hard work, Cabin Corpse is now available for wishlisting on Steam! I'm hoping for a late May or early June release. So happy right now!

A HUGE thank you to everyone who's supported the game until now, both on Patreon and itch.io. This would not have been possible without you!

Steam Screenshot.PNG