VN Ren'Py Bubbles and Sisters [Development thread]

Nov 25, 2023
As someone who just recently started drawing in an attempt to finally build a KN that has been sitting in my head, I absolutely love the art (especially the expressions).

Keep it at!
Thanks a lot! Yeah we're starting to realise that expressions, exagerations and a little bit of bending realistic anatomy is the best use of 2D! also uplifting comments like this really do make us excited. Also go for it, making KN's has been way more fun than I ever thought

Reactions: TheExordick
Nov 25, 2023
discorddemo.png

Our small discord demo is here!
-
If the link says you need a decryption key just try and refresh the page

Enjoy the small demo and give us all the feed-back you can! Either here or on our
I'm not sure about the moaning sounds during the sex scene, I like some of them and others not as much?
Please tell us what you think!

If you want to play on android I can release a version of that too

Last edited:

Yazen_

Nov 24, 2022
View attachment 3547261

Our small discord demo is here!
-
If the link says you need a decryption key just try and refresh the page

Enjoy the small demo and give us all the feed-back you can! Either here or on our
I'm not sure about the moaning sounds during the sex scene, I like some of them and others not as much?
Please tell us what you think!

If you want to play on android I can release a version of that too
Alright so I've tested the game out for a bit. I'm still currently playing it right now but there's already a few things I would like to point out

First of all, good job on incorporating a naturally stitched background with AI. (I'm guessing it was) Although it takes me out of it to see an old Japanese building with a hotel like lobby the further you go in.

The transitions and animations are good. The music is fine. The demo is pretty polished at least.

The place is hard to navigate. There are no indications on where to go and what to do next. I don't see a clear direction yet. But if you can improve on that, it'd be hugely beneficial for your game.

Okay so I've played a bit more and I didn't realize that there's a fast travel on the map on the top right side. I didn't know at the time since it was never really explained. It's like we were just thrown in the game to figure things out ourselves.

Can't say it's good or bad, I'm just saying my thoughts.

-
Another thing is that there's really not much content to judge the game for right now. I've just been clicking for the past 20 minutes... I'm gonna let you guys cook this game more and then I'll check another time.

Thanks for the demo!

EDIT: I think you should work on the PNG items btw.. Especially that guy with a character's face.. xd

Nov 25, 2023
Alright so I've tested the game out for a bit. I'm still currently playing it right now but there's already a few things I would like to point out

First of all, good job on incorporating a naturally stitched background with AI. (I'm guessing it was) Although it takes me out of it to see an old Japanese building with a hotel like lobby the further you go in.

The transitions and animations are good. The music is fine. The demo is pretty polished at least.

The place is hard to navigate. There are no indications on where to go and what to do next. I don't see a clear direction yet. But if you can improve on that, it'd be hugely beneficial for your game.

Okay so I've played a bit more and I didn't realize that there's a fast travel on the map on the top right side. I didn't know at the time since it was never really explained. It's like we were just thrown in the game to figure things out ourselves.

Can't say it's good or bad, I'm just saying my thoughts.

-
Another thing is that there's really not much content to judge the game for right now. I've just been clicking for the past 20 minutes... I'm gonna let you guys cook this game more and then I'll check another time.

Thanks for the demo!

EDIT: I think you should work on the PNG items btw.. Especially that guy with a character's face.. xd
Absolute banger feed back, thank you so much!
I agree with everything you pointed out and this really gave me some super clear instructions to work with, thank you!

Since I've played it so much and I more or less speedrun the game every time to fix stuff. I've almost completely forgot about the fast travelmap and the guide. A small introduction to that is definately needed, and I'll also work on adding icons of the characters and events to the map too.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Yazen_
Nov 25, 2023
Thanks a lot for all the feedback you guys gave here and on discord!

Been stuck in a bubble and I put the UI on the back burner because I thought "Eh it's working" and focused on the scenes instead. Bad move on my part.
Anyways I got so excited about the feedback that I probably worked 11 hours on it today and completed most of the list.

To do list from your feedback:

Major:
  • reception looking out of place -make it look older and fit the style (y)
  • introduction to the UI - fast travel map and fast forward (y)
  • current location on map - show MC on map (y)
  • all other characters current location - (y)
  • arrows and clickables - Make everything clickable more visable
  • hide textbox/interface - hide button (important for mobile) (y)
  • Finnish the placeholder art - all the small items and some characters

Minor:
  • write your name letter - "Type your name here" added to stop confusion(y)
  • globe icon - Turn it into a map/compass?(y)
  • time of day UI and fast forward - Still shit (y)
  • cancel option - add "back" option in character menus(y)
  • bag - remove bag untill I actually implement items (y)
  • phone - make background clickable to go "back" (y)
  • map - make background clickable to go "back" (y)
  • upstairs barn room - remove arrow and make window button(y)
  • new room with vines - make it left of the barn and not down (y)

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023
We've gone through your feed back. It's not perfect and we will keep working on the UI A LOT, but it should be MUCH easier to navigate through the map and see what's clickable

Everything clickable now has a clear border
navigate.JPG
An update to the Reception area to match the rest of the hotel
reception.JPG
The phone and the map menu now has a clickable background to go "back". All characters are now also shown on the map (yes we will work on the character icons)
fasttravelmap.JPG

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Monke Cooke