Ren'Py WIP Broken & Loved [Translation thread (From Spanish to English)]

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
678'678965789567.png

Overview:
Broken & Loved
is a game writted in spanish and translated to english with Google translate, every update the translation gets pronoums and typos fixed, but obviously is far from being a good translation. Since the first builds people have been asking for the raw translation files but because we correct and change constantly the dialogues, we wait until having a final version of the dialogues, said version was uploaded recently and now we are going to release the translation files of the early events in the game.

Things to considered when the translation is from Spanish to English:
- In Spanish there are a lot of words that are for an specific gender and just change one vocal in each word, commonly "a" , "o" and "e", for this reason there are some dialogues that are duplicated, one for females and the other for males.
-At the contrary, some times in Spanish pronouns are not required, in English would be necessary, in that case just check the gender of the characters speaking to place respective gender pronouns.
- In spanish "Te quiero" and "Te amo" are both translated as "I love you", but the first word in Spanish is less affective than the second, as CoffeeSaint suggested, "I'm In Love with You" can be used as "Te amo" for being more intense than just say "I love you".
Maybe more things would surge in the future but that is all for now about it.

Translation files:
These translation files attached to the OP, one is in English MTL to use as a reference, the other is completely in Spanish, in this way dialogues can be translated directly.
To avoid having two persons working in the same files overlapping one over another, mention which files and dialogues section are you working on, also check the translation progress among the comments in the thread to catch the parts that are not being currently translated.

If enough people get interested on translate the game to other language beside English, we will considerate the possibility of open a discord server for multiple languages, mean while this one is for English.

Main game thread: Broken & Loved [Studio 781]
Current updated translation file: N/A

Last edited:

CoffeeSaint

Mar 12, 2022
hola, Studio 781.

Te Quiero as :
I Like You
I Love You

Te Amo as :
I'm In Love with You (estoy enamorada/o de ti, estoy apasionada/o por ti, te amo inmenso, etc.)

creo que es necesario pensar no en una transliteración palabra por palabra o frase por frase (como los MTL lo hacen), sino en una traducción fluida.
de esta forma, aunque haya palabras que se pierdan en la traducción, se entenderá el significado.

si necesitas ayuda en ingles, aqui por acá. mi lengua materna es el italiano y el idioma de mi padre es el portugués; pero entiendo bien el español y crecí en un país de idioma ingles.

abrazos.

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
hola, Studio 781.

Te Quiero as :
I Like You
I Love You

Te Amo as :
I'm In Love with You (estoy enamorada/o de ti, estoy apasionada/o por ti, te amo inmenso, etc.)

creo que es necesario pensar no en una transliteración palabra por palabra o frase por frase (como los MTL lo hacen), sino en una traducción fluida.
de esta forma, aunque haya palabras que se pierdan en la traducción, se entenderá el significado.

si necesitas ayuda en ingles, aqui por acá. mi lengua materna es el italiano y el idioma de mi padre es el portugués; pero entiendo bien el español y crecí en un país de idioma ingles.

abrazos.
De hecho eso tiene más sentido, "I love you" si podría funcionar como una versión ligera de "Te amo" ya que "I'm in love with You" suena más romantico e intenso.

• Love
Reactions: CoffeeSaint

CoffeeSaint

Mar 12, 2022
hey, Studio 781,

hope this finds you well.
Espero que este mensaje los encuentre a todos bien y saludables.
I downloaded both .ZIP archives and have already began checking the "evan_events_sandbox.rpy" document from "EnglishTL files for v0.7.9.8..zip" file.
Ya descargué los dos archivos .ZIP y comencé a estudiar el documento "evan_events_sandbox.rpy" del archivo "EnglishTL files for v0.7.9.8..zip"
it's indeed a lot of work!
Vi que realmente hay mucho trabajo.
I shall first work on the "evan_events_sandbox.rpy" so to get an idea on how long it will take to have it translated and if it is possible for me to really help you.
Trabajaré primero en el documento "evan_events_sandbox.rpy" y luego veré cuánto puedo ayudarlas/os realmente.

cheers,
un abrazo.

edit: I'll attempt to have the entire document [ "evan_events_sandbox.rpy" ] translated. abrazos again.

Last edited:

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
hey, Studio 781,

hope this finds you well.
Espero que este mensaje los encuentre a todos bien y saludables.
I downloaded both .ZIP archives and have already began checking the "evan_events_sandbox.rpy" document from "EnglishTL files for v0.7.9.8..zip" file.
Ya descargué los dos archivos .ZIP y comencé a estudiar el documento "evan_events_sandbox.rpy" del archivo "EnglishTL files for v0.7.9.8..zip"
it's indeed a lot of work!
Vi que realmente hay mucho trabajo.
I shall first work on the "evan_events_sandbox.rpy" so to get an idea on how long it will take to have it translated and if it is possible for me to really help you.
Trabajaré primero en el documento "evan_events_sandbox.rpy" y luego veré cuánto puedo ayudarlas/os realmente.

cheers,
un abrazo.

edit: I'll attempt to have the entire document [ "evan_events_sandbox.rpy" ] translated. abrazos again.
Waaaaaaait!!
Before you start, let me tell you that I'm planing on divide that file in two because is becoming way to big for its own good.
There are two types of events on that file "Daily" and "Important" (Which labels are as "Recovery_events"), just work on the daily events because I'm going to move the recovery events to a new file called "evan_important_events_sandbox".

Edit: I ended up dividing the file on two, one called "evan_events_sandbox_daily" and the other "evan_events_sandbox_important", added to the OP.
Sorry for the inconvenience... I hope didn't cause too much trouble and you didn't get that far with the old file...

Last edited:

LesbianTop

Jun 19, 2018
I'm working on cleaning up the English translation and am about halfway done so far.

Should the evan_events_sandbox_important.rpy and evan_events_sandbox_daily.rpy files in the TL package (which are not currently translated) be translated as well? I don't think I've seen these dialogues pop up in game when the language is set to English, so I don't want to mess up the Spanish version.

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
I'm working on cleaning up the English translation and am about halfway done so far.

Should the evan_events_sandbox_important.rpy and evan_events_sandbox_daily.rpy files in the TL package (which are not currently translated) be translated as well? I don't think I've seen these dialogues pop up in game when the language is set to English, so I don't want to mess up the Spanish version.
Is because these files are from the newest build which have the translation files separated, I think these are Ok at the moment to work with them~

Also don't worry, this only affect the english dialogues, the spanish can only be modified in the main files~
Thanks for your contribution, the next dialogues would be uploaded here and in our Discord, I'm expecting to release the last update in three months~

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
Alright! I've gone through all the translation files and updated the .rpy files (though h-scene_evan_intro_events.rpy and h-scene_evan_orgasm_events.rpy could probably use another edit pass.)
Also in time, I'm finishing the current Patreon Build wich would be the public build in the next ten days~ n_n
I'm going to check and add these files right now~

Studio 781

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
Alright! I've gone through all the translation files and updated the .rpy files (though h-scene_evan_intro_events.rpy and h-scene_evan_orgasm_events.rpy could probably use another edit pass.)
Today I'm going to make the newest build and I'm quite impress with the quantity of work done, Thank you so much! :)
There are a ton of new dialogues but this cover most of the overall content of the game~

LesbianTop

Jun 19, 2018
If/when further dialogues are added, I'd be more than happy to give the translations a second pass. I consider the work I did so far more of a rough draft, mostly just translation rather than localization, so I'd like to go over it all again once things are more finalized as well.