• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 279, in script
python:
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 635, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 145, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 955, in run_context
context.run()
python:
File "renpy/script.py", line 1103, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.7.0.24012702
Bright Past 0.99.0
Mon Mar 11 14:01:58 2024

This is what I get when I click "New Game" in v0.99. fresh download and install, never played before this. All other Renpy games work

dragon16

May 22, 2021
Thank you for your answers.

Just buy another car, it will fix it!
I had already bought the 2 cars which were both stuck at the gas station, but the problem resolved itself after an event and my 2 cars ended up at my house.

On the other hand, since I arranged things between Mickael and his wife and I did the concert then I'm stuck in a loop, every time I take a shower it restarts the Valérie/Tania scene in the bedroom. Valérie and the scene where I follow Tania to meet Bonnie in their dormitory where Bonnie is surprised in the bathroom

I am also stuck on these 3 quests which are not validated, on Saturday at 3 p.m. nothing happens, no concert for Ash I unlocked all his scenes and for "continue reading books" I have already read all the books in the library

ps: I play without mod

• Thinking Face
Reactions: N0b0dy1nh3r3

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
python:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 635, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 145, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 955, in run_context
context.run()
python:
File "renpy/script.py", line 1103, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.7.0.24012702
Bright Past 0.99.0
Mon Mar 11 14:01:58 2024

This is what I get when I click "New Game" in v0.99. fresh download and install, never played before this. All other Renpy games work
you have to delete the rollback mod, that's where the bug comes from. the game works without mods.

tania

Jun 30, 2017

I am also stuck on these 3 quests which are not validated, on Saturday at 3 p.m. nothing happens, no concert for Ash I unlocked all his scenes and for "continue reading books" I have already read all the books in the library

ps: I play without mod
The last two i also have along time, hell i think no one progressed the librarian girl!

zotii

Aug 1, 2018
i have some problems
1710182303507.png
the task with "continue reading books" is bugged?
"talk to fred" is bugged too?
"see how things play out" at the moment ash works at the music store and this task is there for years
"meet barbara at the center" i dont know where, when she is at the fitness club there is nothing new

AcornHunter

May 13, 2020
i have some problems
View attachment 3432753
the task with "continue reading books" is bugged?
"talk to fred" is bugged too?
"see how things play out" at the moment ash works at the music store and this task is there for years
"meet barbara at the center" i dont know where, when she is at the fitness club there is nothing new
reading books is bugged
Meet Barbara depends on your progress, can be different events, easy way to find out just be in the center, forward time and watch for Barabara icon over places. Also sometimes the menu on the right side of screen can provide more detail information about specific time/location for specific characters.
talk to fred need more progress with other characters

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
I also wished for more content here and there. But the bottom line is that it's not a bad game. 6 years? Have you missed the fact the game is almost finished?
bro what is almost finished? it has no content? so barebones, I like the game too, mind you, just think that there is way too little to show for it in 6 years in terms of quantity

Reactions: HeroHate and Vibesy

JimmyJazz69

Jul 3, 2020
It really pisses me off when a dev decides to implement "anti-cheat" measures. I understand when these measures are made to avoid the player to "break" the game but not in any other scenario (this is a single player game! no one is cheating other players when doing it!). And, at the end if the day, that should be the player's decision, not the dev's... :mad:

Reactions: MAD6999

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
It really pisses me off when a dev decides to implement "anti-cheat" measures. I understand when these measures are made to avoid the player to "break" the game but not in any other scenario (this is a single player game! no one is cheating other players when doing it!). And, at the end if the day, that should be the player's decision, not the dev's... :mad:
It seems to be a recent feature of Ren'Py, not a choice of the developper, since the file to modify (savetoken.py) to be able to load an edited save is in the "renpy" folder of the game, which is a redistribution of Ren'Py.

Last edited:

mikelo13

Dec 3, 2020
hello chat!does anyone has a full walkthrough for all cards to be found?the walkthrough i found online doesn't have all of them.thanks in advance.

xapican

Conversation Conqueror
May 11, 2020
Really don't get your, "discomfort" to name it mildly, the game has a built in cheat function, plus what you are seeing as anticheat option, is a feature implemented by RenPy, so you can share your saves on different devices, this feature, how Undayana said had provoked false alerts in the past, so they implemented this "savetoken.py" system part of all actual RenPy distributions.

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Really don't get your, "discomfort" to name it mildly, the game has a built in cheat function, plus what you are seeing as anticheat option, is a feature implemented by RenPy, so you can share your saves on different devices, this feature, how Undayana said had provoked false alerts in the past, so they implemented this "savetoken.py" system part of all actual RenPy distributions.
As of v.99 cheat function was removed from the game by developer.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xapican and Aazkaal

MWolf55

Jun 19, 2018
Thought of the fact it is missing. But the saves beyond 0.98 supposedly work. If you have the 0.98.9 version (which still has the cheat in game), you could start from the beginning, add a bunch of money into your account, adjust stats as you feel comfortable with, then save. Move it to 0.99 and you now have at least the ability to move through it again with no hinderance other than having to do all the tasks again. Long as he doesn't make any changes that will make that save invalid, should take you to the end of the game with no issues.

Reactions: Enot1964

Effinpist

May 10, 2018
I can't complete the Task where I buy the sexy outfit and mask and go to Barbaras room. I got the mesh dress and the mask, I change into the outfit ( it doesn't let you put the mask on even though it's in your inventory ) I wait till midnight, but as soon as I leave the room, my clothes change back to the red outfit and Barbaras door is locked. I have tried over and over but it still won't let me advance. Any suggestions?

AcornHunter

May 13, 2020
I can't complete the Task where I buy the sexy outfit and mask and go to Barbaras room. I got the mesh dress and the mask, I change into the outfit ( it doesn't let you put the mask on even though it's in your inventory ) I wait till midnight, but as soon as I leave the room, my clothes change back to the red outfit and Barbaras door is locked. I have tried over and over but it still won't let me advance. Any suggestions?
Wait until midnight (or time recommended) and then put dress on in your room.
Also few pages back is a fix for this quest.

lttesch

Aug 12, 2017
Game literally breaks in late stages. Everytime she showers, the sister event fires which burns hours and the 4th concert event never fires which pretty much ends any late stage content. Shame as I was actually enjoying this game.

3.50 star(s) 79 Votes