bluedrakken

Aug 6, 2016
looking at the logs don't tell me much. how much more content is there? if there isn't much i'll wait for future releases.

bingo99

Jun 11, 2017
Good game but old saves don't work, again. :rolleyes: I'll wait for future releases and with more content.

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
There is a patch inside the game for updating old saves but it seems to miss some variables. I have made a quick fix to be put into the /game-folder.

Full procedure: Open a game in 0.09, go to your room, open the wardrobe, save there. Close the game. Copy to the 0.10 /game-folder, start 0.10, reload the save from 0.09 and click on the tiny text message in the upper right. Leave the wardrobe. Check for other errors. Report just the NameErrors "name ... not defined".

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
The patch doesn't seem to work. I can load into the wardrobe save, but getting out of the wardrobe results in errors.

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
The patch doesn't seem to work. I can load into the wardrobe save, but getting out of the wardrobe results in errors.
Yep, next one, thanks. Patch updated, see above.
- Just to be sure about the procedure: Open a game in 0.09, go to your room, open the wardrobe, save there. Close the game. Copy patch to the 0.10 /game-folder, start 0.10, reload the save from 0.09 and click on the tiny text message in the upper right. Leave the wardrobe. Check for errors. Report just the NameErrors "name ... not defined".

Reactions: Joe Steel

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
Yep, next one, thanks. Patch updated, see above. When seeing an error message again just tell me the line with "has not been found" or so ...
It seemed to work, up until you're in the same room with Lera. Then this happens...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1251, in <module>
File "game/LERAROOM.rpy", line 77, in execute
File "game/LERAROOM.rpy", line 79, in execute
File "game/LERAROOM.rpy", line 83, in execute
NameError: name 'tennis' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1251, in script call
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1251, in script
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script.rpy", line 1251, in <module>
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1360, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3059, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3059, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
self.update()
File "G:\lifestyle col\Bright Past\Bright_Past-01-pc-compressed\Bright_Past-0.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/LERAROOM.rpy", line 79, in execute
File "game/LERAROOM.rpy", line 83, in execute
File "<screen language>", line 83, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Bright Past 0.1
Fri Feb 22 09:35:26 2019

Ernst Kurz

Jun 13, 2017
It seemed to work, up until you're in the same room with Lera. Then this happens...
Thx, I had this error too but it should be fixed with the new patch, see above. Make sure to overwrite the old one in /bright-0.1/game or whatever. Close the game, start again, load again, patch again. Sometimes it's weird.

3.50 star(s) 79 Votes