• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Look at it this way, it takes a full studio indy or AAA several years to make a good game.

It takes a team of one a lot longer than that.

If you expect any sort of playbility from a game like this with the standard set it's going to take 2 maybe 3 years minimum if he does it on his own.

Chances are at some point he'll realise he's in over his head and either abandon it or hire help.

This isn't a little VN or RPGM game that you can knock out in a few months. It's going to be a damn long time before you see any decent progress.

Reactions: brynhildr

Dei-mos

Dec 18, 2017
Look at it this way, it takes a full studio indy or AAA several years to make a good game.

If you expect any sort of playbility from a game like this with the standard set it's going to take 2 maybe 3 years minimum if he does it on his own.

Chances are at some point he'll realise he's in over his head and either abandon it or hire help.

This isn't a little VN or RPGM game that you can knock out in a few months. It's going to be a damn long time before you see any decent progress.
might be a point
but its somehow a hyped/famous game and he almost gets 10k per month for it

and for at least the last 3 months the gamecontent just keeps shrinking

and just take a look at most games here got far less backings and still do a better job with their game development

and i might not be the only one disappointed: if my memory doesnt fail me he almost lost ~30% of his backings in the short time of about 3-4 months

Reactions: RaidenProxy

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017

Don't wanna jinx it buuut... pretty sure that this project will be abandoned at the end of this year. Maybe even the start of the next.. or maybe this summer already.

If this doesn't happen, I can only be happy. But..

f95zone

Jul 27, 2017
Don't wanna jinx it buuut... pretty sure that this project will be abandoned at the end of this year. Maybe even the start of the next.. or maybe this summer already.

If this doesn't happen, I can only be happy. But..
Would you abandon something that makes you 10k each month regardless how much you release?

Reactions: Daniel1985

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Would you abandon something that makes you 10k each month regardless how much you release?
If the project doesn't satisfy me enough and I've to redo all over again the same things or if other matters arise, then yes. I would rather abandon it than release a product like that. Certainly I'll not "milk" the patreons for a failure.

3.90 star(s) 105 Votes