VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Bound to Please [Ch.2 part1] [VocalGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

JustJane

Tried Ch. 2 part1

What I like about this is that it is very early stage, but somehow all of the hot scenes is NOT just teasing. Most games are milking fans, and giving them a hand job at episode 6 or so, but not this. In Bound to Please you have a girlfriend right from the start, and guess what? You are fucking her! Yes, that's right, you are fucking your girlfriend, who hasn't got a headache, or something like that. :) And no one interrupts it, no one calls you on the phone, arrives at the door, you GET a sex scene. And more later. Speaking of the girlfriend, I surprised to see how great she is. I'm not talking about the looks of her, because of course everyone is gorgeous but she really is giving you the girlfriend experience. She is clearly not the tough, strong woman type, but a kind woman. Who is hot.

Aside that, the dev clearly made the effort to make some good choices. They not fake, if you choose A, there is another story than choosing B. So there is a story, some music and even some fighting if you wish. The only letdown that is now it is abandoned. I hope the devs continuing it.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

allanl9020142

Summary:
    It's kind of boring. The bad grammar didn't really help either and the paths are kind of wonky. The renders look nice but that's pretty much it. Got too bored to finish it and I have little patience for story-centric VNs with bad grammar.

The whole thing:
    I got pretty bored during the intro. It was just bland. I don't know how to explain it. I was already skipping through by the time Stella came in. Something about the dialogue just feels stilted and awkward.

Enough with the weird "I learned most of my English from browsing Reddit"-speak:

- I got really distracted by all the times a statement was ended with a question mark. You don't end statements with question marks. You end questions with question marks. That shit always feel so passive-aggressive and it's like someone's saying "I think I'm making a really clever rebuttal but I actually sound braindead and I also don't want to come off as the 'bad guy' so I'll never just be direct about it".
    - Also don't be such a lazy fuck, man. Spell out the whole word. "Tho tho tho" You're not dicking around on a forum or texting someone. You're writing a story for people to read.

I usually cut games slack when it's more of a sandbox-type game or has an interesting hook/gimmick. I'm even willing to give games that are just all about sex scenes more leniency when it comes to bad grammar because it's not like I'm playing to read much anyway.

On the flip side, I'm pretty critical about grammar when it comes to games that are just all about the story. Unfortunately, this seems like it's heavily story-based. You can't really expect to convey anything "deep" when it's that half-assed.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

AryanKarthick

As of Ch 2 Part 1
    Well starting with the positives - gorgeous ladies and renders , the rest of the game doesn't leave much of an impact to me . The routes in this game are just bizarre and probably the worst like others mentioned . Just for an example -If you answer positively to the choice of marrying AI , you end up getting locked out of a kiss in the intro which felt as a random casual conversation with your friend and locking out of Dom choices with your gf if you answered negatively to that same choice . There are so many routes and variables in the game that it will be very difficult to play without a walkthrough or mod helping you ( at least for me ) and then there are free roams where you have to wander to further progress in the game and a new sort of mini game is added in recent release . There seems to have a story in between which gets lost in those many routes and some bizarre choices and variables .
  4. 3.00 star(s)

d3nial1

• Excellent ladies
    • Excellent CG
    • Great Animations
    The massive con in this game is the route system. There are just too many routes in chapter one having only 3-4 ladies. I can sense the abandoned tag coming not so far off as the dev will eventually find it harder to keep track and render 10 CGs for 10 differnet routes in future releases. The time he could spend on progressing the story itself.

Let me give you an example. This is the first 2 minutes of the game so I wouldn't consider it a spoiler:

You are having a fun convo with your best buddy. He asks if you are into Ai Robot girls. If you say "Yes", you just lost the whole romance route with your 'roommate'. This little choice will keep biting you in the back during the whole span of the first episode and probably future releases. You loose so many scenes with her. This is just an example but there are so many non-linked choices out there which impacts your storyline massively.

I urge the dev to rethink and do a revamp of the story in this early stage having minimal routes and present linked/related non confusing choices to the user.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

seriphu

So far the characters have a lot of depth to them which really sets it apart from most. The mini-game is fun as well, not just your normal point and click. Looking forward to the chapters as they release.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Michael_MAN

Perfect start!
    Great number of renders and they are good.
    Gorgeous girls and Stella is a crush. I may say that characters act realistically, not just stupid fuck dolls.
    I hope the author will add replay gallery in the next updates because even now it's difficult to say wheather you have seen all paths and scenes and what it will be with 2 or 3 days of plot instead of 1!?
  7. 5.00 star(s)

wnbapanties

Great start so far. Great renders, great animation. Very detailed. And the writing with the characters is amazing too. The writing is probably the best part among the many great things about the game. Music is good too. Look forward to more.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

chaos51

Really great start. 1800 renders and 74 animations in the first chapter. That's a lot of content.

There are a lot of choices to be had. So much so that you have to replay the game to see the different content. There are some sex scenes that can only be accessed with the paths that you choose. Which is great to me because it adds replay value. There doesn't seem like a bad choice here because everything leads to something. And with your choice, the game could lead to a completely different scene and a different ending.

The story is interesting so far. And the characters are great and funny. Both female and male, which is great for me. There is a nice balance of humor and seriousness. It is mostly humor, but there is a hint of something serious happening or coming.

The renders and animations are great. Nice lighting. Love the style.

Overall, great start to the game. Can't wait for chapter 2.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

uhhhok

very nice start to the game. Dialogues were pretty funny. animations are good sometimes, sometimes they can be improved so take of that. Really excited to see the story unfolds, looks like sis is having a bit of problems. And it is already hinted that the girlfriend is ok with MC taking more lovers, it is gonna be a harem game.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Wicked Garden

The grammar isn't perfect, no, but definitely not bad as some are making it out to be. As far as the dialogue itself, I get some of you aren't into slang or are oblivious to it but people do speak it, and if you're playing a game with young adults involved then guess what? You're going to hear it now and again. Now it doesn't need to dominate most of the dialogue but I didn't feel like it did. Also some of the words like "Snatched" and "Throw up" are westernized terms so if you're not familiar with them then you probably won't understand it but trust me people do use them.

Now that that's out of the way I actually liked the story, and was crushing on Stella the whole time. I hope that she and the MC ends up together in a healthy relationship, with emphasis on the healthy part. I like Julia also, but she seems to have her own set of trauma from the past that she's still dealing with, it's probably sexually or perhaps even physically from from the looks of it, so I'll have to see what happens there. The last scene with Stella and what sounds like a crazy, stalker type EX instantly gives me bad vibes from previous games. There's no telling what kind of crap Stella had to endure from that guy. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it, the animations did lag a bit but I'm sure that could be fixed. The characters are cool and renders are beautiful, I already listed my other issues with this game already, so other than that good luck to the Dev.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

botc76

This is a game with a horrible divide.
    On one side of the trench there are the visuals and animations. Well done, good-looking. Nice and crisp renders.
    On the other hand, you have the writing, which completely drags the game down.

It's not like it's indecipherable Engrish, but it's in bad form, littered with grammatical and spelling errors, false declination and conjugation, wrong words being used (like fe. "throw up" instead of vomit) etc..

You can understand what the characters are trying to say, but it isn't fun, it isn't enjoyable. Reading through this is more like a chore.

The story and characters, while not horribly original, are fine for the most part, so really all this game needs is someone with good English skills (preferably a native speaker, who knows grammar) going over the translation and maybe editing the text before it's inserted into the game.

As long as that doesn't happen, despite the fine visuals of the game, I can't rate it higher than two. I had to force myself to play through this first chapter, because after a few minutes I had enough of the writing.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

joebomb29!

Very very good start. The renders and animations are top notch. The characters are interesting. From the male to the female characters. And the story is very solid. Very well written despite some minor errors. You could tell it has potential and you are in for a ride. Music is nice too. There are so many different paths and choices you decide that will effect on how the game will play out. I'll be looking forward to this.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

kehmesis

We could have a masterpiece in the making if the dev spent as much time on the writing as he did with the visuals.

The models, renderings and animations are stunning. The dialogues are incredibly poor. I simply can't read this. Shame.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Gosamr

An outstanding start. Looking at Vocal's Patreon he's paved the way for this through his own thorough and dedicated preparation and in terms of what he has been able to deliver as a result, it has paid off remarkably and astonishingly for an introductory episode.

The highest quality rendering, excellent characterization and an intriguing storyline really enable "Bound to Please" to hit the ground at a sprint leaving much of the opposition already in its dust. Sure it's a marathon, but buying this much distance and time right from the start can pay dividends in terms of ongoing preparation time of future episodes. Time is everything when you start off.

The expertise and hardware capability already on display will make it easier to develop without the weight, so often the bane of new creators, of a steep learning curve which undermines speed and momentum, especially early on when the audience is hungriest both for content and to be impressed.

My only criticism and concern going forward is the quality of the dialogue. It's not so much WHAT the characters are saying, but HOW they are saying it. It's all intelligible, but often clipped, disjointed and above all jarringly uncharacteristic of its speakers. When held up against the quality and brilliance of every other aspect of this masterpiece-in-the-making, it is unbearably disappointing. I hope this aspect will be improved in future.

Nevertheless, based on my overall impression, I've put my money where my keyboard is and signed for his Patreon straight away, such is my confidence and excitement about the future of this really, really promising creator and this intriguing story.

I really hope many of you will do the same. We can't all stand by and freeload. These creators do need our support, especially when starting out. You can't wait to see if they'll do well, if how well they are able to do depends to a large extent upon help from patrons and sponsors as is the genuine case with many of these creators.

So where we are honestly in a position to do so, we must have the courage and the honesty to take a chance on them. No matter what you may think, the more you put in the more you get out, but you can only get out more if you put in in the first place. If you put in nothing, more of nothing is what you'll get or not, if you see what I mean.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

COOLMASTER

EXCELLENT START

Perfect RENDERS high quality
    Real game play without bugg
    Good start story s
    Real mind carachtere (hop really a good work on it
    Many choice to do, leads many different action / situation
    VERY GOOD ANYMATION

pointless

none for now
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Zareem

This is a good game. It has a good, intriguing, interesting story & choices. It also has very good art. It also has interesting character personalities. I already can't wait for the next update. I am looking forward to seeing how the game & story develops. This game has good drama in it too.