Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Booty Hunter [Alpha v0.6.1] [TheAlleyGuy] - Compressed

Win/Linux [646 MB]
- - - -

Mac [657 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Irassai

May 5, 2018
This might be the best One Piece game I've ever played on this site, good fucking job. I'll be waiting for more updates :3

Reactions: siatugst

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
There's some kinda of timeline scenario with the One Piece story? Or it's more a "What If" scenario (since it's a parody game)?

DeathsButcher

Dec 31, 2018
This is the first One Piece eroge I've played, and I had a lot of fun with it. If any of this comes across as complaining about your game or bashing the work you've done, please know that isn't the intention. This is just my experience, constructive criticism, and ideas for improvement. I hope reading this will help you further develop your ideas, give you a point to jump off from, or give you new avenues you hadn't thought of. You've done great work, and I hope to see the game improve.

For reference, I played this game on Pirate King difficulty. My first run started with turning in the arm-chopping lady, intending to stick to love interests only and not have sex with criminals. But I quickly restarted when I saw the next AP come from a bounty, being only one point, and how many skills there are. At that point, I didn't realize I could talk to Kuina whenever and thought I needed to complete a bounty/ies. My first run was an AP run, and I replayed the game doing a Money run. Replaying and doing a Money run has not changed my mind, however. I still feel there is no reason not to go for AP in the current game. Money is worthless and can be easily obtained later. The store options are depressing in comparison to skills. All current content can be completed with a crew with only one Rank Up. On my first run, I did the second Rank Up after talking to Kaya the first time and had Nami at 1 Rank Up and Reiju at 0 Rank Ups. I had the money to get Nami to the second Rank by the end of the current content but held onto it.

Minigames
This section contains some ideas for minigames, my experiences with the tavern minigame, and possible improvements.

Devil Fruit
Just my thoughts on the different nature of them and what the fruit could be.

Actual Story Problems
This includes information newcomers are missing, story thoughts, problems, and oddities.

Characters
I will be bringing up canon aspects of the characters in the story currently, and this isn't me saying they need to act this way and only this way, but bringing it to attention because the distinction needs to be made if these characters are different from their canon selves. I'm also referencing it because personality is included in why people like these characters. Will not be talking about every character.

Thoughts
My own feelings about the game.
Erotic Content
Mostly my own thoughts on improvements and experiences.

AP route vs. money route
I will try to break this down into something quick to read through. These points aren't necessarily good or bad but things that stand out.

Improvements
My own ideas for improving the game.

Bugs
I know my profile pic screams One Piece fan, but I'm more of a pre-New World fan. I'm not a fan of the rush, and I enjoyed seeing the crew have fun, going to random islands along the way, and goofing off together. We used to get so many wacky reactions, but I barely remember any in the current content. I bring it up because I hope this story captures that same vibe. Looking forward to the future of the game.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: The Alley Guy

The Alley Guy

Have you played Booty Hunter today?
Game Developer
Sep 30, 2018
This is the first One Piece eroge I've played, and I had a lot of fun with it. If any of this comes across as complaining about your game or bashing the work you've done, please know that isn't the intention. This is just my experience, constructive criticism, and ideas for improvement. I hope reading this will help you further develop your ideas, give you a point to jump off from, or give you new avenues you hadn't thought of. You've done great work, and I hope to see the game improve.

For reference, I played this game on Pirate King difficulty. My first run started with turning in the arm-chopping lady, intending to stick to love interests only and not have sex with criminals. But I quickly restarted when I saw the next AP come from a bounty, being only one point, and how many skills there are. At that point, I didn't realize I could talk to Kuina whenever and thought I needed to complete a bounty/ies. My first run was an AP run, and I replayed the game doing a Money run. Replaying and doing a Money run has not changed my mind, however. I still feel there is no reason not to go for AP in the current game. Money is worthless and can be easily obtained later. The store options are depressing in comparison to skills. All current content can be completed with a crew with only one Rank Up. On my first run, I did the second Rank Up after talking to Kaya the first time and had Nami at 1 Rank Up and Reiju at 0 Rank Ups. I had the money to get Nami to the second Rank by the end of the current content but held onto it.

Minigames
This section contains some ideas for minigames, my experiences with the tavern minigame, and possible improvements.

Devil Fruit
Just my thoughts on the different nature of them and what the fruit could be.

Actual Story Problems
This includes information newcomers are missing, story thoughts, problems, and oddities.

Characters
I will be bringing up canon aspects of the characters in the story currently, and this isn't me saying they need to act this way and only this way, but bringing it to attention because the distinction needs to be made if these characters are different from their canon selves. I'm also referencing it because personality is included in why people like these characters. Will not be talking about every character.

Thoughts
My own feelings about the game.
Erotic Content
Mostly my own thoughts on improvements and experiences.

AP route vs. money route
I will try to break this down into something quick to read through. These points aren't necessarily good or bad but things that stand out.

Improvements
My own ideas for improving the game.

Bugs
I know my profile pic screams One Piece fan, but I'm more of a pre-New World fan. I'm not a fan of the rush, and I enjoyed seeing the crew have fun, going to random islands along the way, and goofing off together. We used to get so many wacky reactions, but I barely remember any in the current content. I bring it up because I hope this story captures that same vibe. Looking forward to the future of the game.
Oww... Simple amazing what you did here, thanks for the time you take to play the game and write all this. I love to hear the community feedback, this really help me to look at the game from another angle and fix/improve the game even more.

About the crashes that occur during players skipping dialogues, this will end in the next update, I added a condition to hide all girls standing animations while you are skipping, I hope this help you and other players in the future.

I noticed that you mention the game as having 2 routes an AP route and a Money route, that's funny I never saw the game being like that XD, but kinda makes sense. I wrote all the game script as the player sometimes turn the pirates, and sometimes fuck them.

About the shadow on MC face, I love immersive games, and in my option the best way to make player immersed into the game`s universe is letting players be yourself. Like in Skyrim where you begin as a prisoner and after that you can be a mage, or a warrior or a vampire, etc... I can not compete with a AAA company but I try my best to make you feel like the MC is you, that`s why I don`t show MC face too much, and MC sometimes has a blank personality.

The game is on the beginning phases yet, I'll try to bring more content and more challenges for the players, I'm planning to do a ship rework, I know about that bug where you sleep in a place and sometimes wake up in hajimeru, I'll fix that for the next update and bring a lot more. I wish I could talk more about it, but I don't think this is the time or the place.

I would love to see you in my discord server if you don't mind, most of the community interaction is made there.

Again, thank you for the long review about my game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DeathsButcher

DeathsButcher

Dec 31, 2018
Oww... Simple amazing what you did here, thanks for the time you take to play the game and write all this. I love to hear the community feedback, this really help me to look at the game from another angle and fix/improve the game even more.

About the crashes that occur during players skipping dialogues, this will end in the next update, I added a condition to hide all girls standing animations while you are skipping, I hope this help you and other players in the future.

I noticed that you mention the game as having 2 routes an AP route and a Money route, that's funny I never saw the game being like that XD, but kinda makes sense. I wrote all the game script as the player sometimes turn the pirates, and sometimes fuck them.

About the shadow on MC face, I love immersive games, and in my option the best way to make player immersed into the game`s universe is letting players be yourself. Like in Skyrim where you begin as a prisoner and after that you can be a mage, or a warrior or a vampire, etc... I can not compete with a AAA company but I try my best to make you feel like the MC is you, that`s why I don`t show MC face too much, and MC sometimes has a blank personality.

The game is on the beginning phases yet, I'll try to bring more content and more challenges for the players, I'm planning to do a ship rework, I know about that bug where you sleep in a place and sometimes wake up in hajimeru, I'll fix that for the next update and bring a lot more. I wish I could talk more about it, but I don't think this is the time or the place.

I would love to see you in my discord server if you don't mind, most of the community interaction is made there.

Again, thank you for the long review about my game.
If it helped you better realize your goals for the game's future, I'm glad I could help.

As I said in my comment, it is incredibly satisfying to see you staying on top of any problems occurring in the game and working to fix them.

I thought as much, but many people on this site want their choices to matter. If their choices don't matter, that might discourage them from trying the game again. The only problem is when the story doesn't match your choice. Especially the Marines believing you turned anyone in if you haven't. Maybe include some grunts with lower bounties to turn in when you fight them. Or you could add a few male bounty targets instead.

It seems numerous people feel that way, so it's good you are thinking about that. The only reason it sticks out for this game is that One Piece has very expressive characters. There are a lot of scenes where the face says everything. That means dialogue would need more emotion to make up for it. Of course, your game doesn't need to be precisely like One Piece, but I think the expressive nature of characters surely attracts people. I don't think you should be wary of giving the MC a personality since it will happen naturally as the story progresses. I do feel that his personality should be aligned in some way. The way he acts in the Beratie seems very out of character, with him ignoring Kuina and Nami in favor of getting paid.

I'm looking forward to the game's future, and I understand.

Thanks for the invite and for taking the time to read my massive text dump of a comment.

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes