4.10 star(s) 165 Votes

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
Can anyone tell me the purpose of comments like these?

It just encourages laziness by developers. They make money for their work and you have no idea who has donated to him and who hasn't on this website. Stop speaking for all of us and constantly defending bullshit like this.

He's missed 4 deadlines now, if people like you keep letting him think that it's "j-j-just ok bro!" then he'll keep doing it because he knows people like you will instantly rush to his defence.

If somebody is making money for something they criticism is always warranted. And before you call me a "troll" or whatever, read my earlier comments in this thread when he missed the first 2 deadlines. I actually defended him because he almost never missed deadlines in the past.

But it's been an entire month now with multiple missed deadlines and that to me, is just bullshit.

It's also hilarious how comically "unlucky" these developers get the moment they become developers. It seems like they go through at least 10 major tragedies in their lives during the development of their games.

I really hope people don't actually believe them 90% of the time.

"Oh, my daughter died. Gonna need to delay my game a few days guys! Sorry!"

"Shit! My son died as well! Guess this months update is not gonna release in time =("

"SHIT! You guys won't believe this! My house just burned down killing everyone i've ever known or loved as well as destroying my PC! Game will have to be delayed another week!
GO AWAY TROLL!!!

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Nice rant I am a donor to Doc and I don't mind waiting until he's ready to release do you donate to anyone or do you just troll the site looking for freebies to complain about
Nicely said dude. Most people that complain because of their impatience aren't pledging at all, heck im not pledging and that doesn't give me right to complain at all. I would gladly pledge him if i can. You'll all get this game eventually for free.

R

RWaites

Nicely said dude. Most people that complain because of their impatience aren't pledging at all, heck im not pledging and that doesn't give me right to complain at all. I would gladly pledge him if i can. You'll all get this game eventually for free.
Everyone has the right to complain friend donor or not but personal attacks like that made by @Jimmybob are totally unnecessary and unproductive

Chowdog

Jun 19, 2018
This is why i'll never donate to developers.

A bunch of incompetent people with no business sense shouldn't be trusted with consistent payment and the moment you try to speak out against them you get shut down by the rabid fanbase that always follows their patreons. It's like a cult and it's absolutely hilarious to watch.

Everyone has the right to complain friend donor or not but personal attacks like that made by @Jimmybob are totally unnecessary and unproductive
He got attacked first tho lol. He made a post doing nothing more than criticizing the delays/game (not attacking anyone personally) and then he got called a "troll" and all of his criticisms got completely ignored (by you specifically). You didn't know if he was a donor or not and yet you attacked him personally based on an assumption you made.

How is that anymore "productive" exactly?

Reactions: Jimmybob

JBRO95

Apr 14, 2018
Why can't you guys wait a bit longer? I mean what would happen if it is late??. Don't worry doc you all doing great job. The more complaints about delaying the more they are eager for your work!! That would be the price you pay for. Ryt doc?

Reactions: SomeDamnedDude

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Now now kids lets play nice
Remember that discussion is fine, arguments and personal attacks are not.

Play nice or uncle klx will spank you and he enjoys that more then any of you would like to know.​

R

RWaites

This is why i'll never donate to developers.

A bunch of incompetent people with no business sense shouldn't be trusted with consistent payment and the moment you try to speak out against them you get shut down by the rabid fanbase that always follows their patreons. It's like a cult and it's absolutely hilarious to watch.

He got attacked first tho lol. He made a post doing nothing more than criticizing the delays/game (not attacking anyone personally) and then he got called a "troll" and all of his criticisms got completely ignored (by you specifically). You didn't know if he was a donor or not and yet you attacked him personally based on an assumption you made.

How is that anymore "productive" exactly?
I asked him if he was a donor or if this was his hobby after he made personal remarks about the dev being a lying conman which you will clearly see if you read both posts

sdfgjhdfszbg

May 7, 2017
Its fun reading angry ppl demanding the game like they were drug addicts. The doc already said that his update is going to be worth 2 months of work and he also stated that hes gonna release an other update on the 1-2 week of July. Im just saying that if your a fan and you understand the process of game developing, u'll know that its not just about drawing and writing some codes and release the game at the end of the month, hes a human being after all, and he works alone and honestly, I like what he has done and how hes done it.

D

Deleted member 482355

Careful with these complaints, thet very often snow ball into basically being people harassing game creators. If that starts happening then creators will sometime abandon projects. Personally, I really don't want that to happen to Bone Manor and I don't think anyone else does either so lets chill.

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
This discussion is a road end. Agree or disagree it's just an oppinion, facts are facts, is your choice to accept or deny them. But Nothing will change, It's life, Tomorrow I will go to work, whith or whithout release.

sdfgjhdfszbg

May 7, 2017
This discussion is a road end. Agree or disagree it's just an oppinion, facts are facts, is your choice to accept or deny them. But Nothing will change, It's life, Tomorrow I will go to work, whith or whithout release.
Shit, couldn't agree more...atm i'm doing a BBQ waiting to see Denmark vs Croatia, later have a nap or play video games and if i'm lucky the doc will release the game, if not, i'll watch a movie, and go to work tomorrow.... u can do tons of things rather than posting rage comments demanding games cause i cant do anything about the update, just wait.

jsf.1998

Dec 10, 2017
I wonder if Bones finishes this update and says it will not do any more updates in the game (which is what I do not want) because of all the anger about the update delivery and the delay that happened.
Would it be better to miss a good game due to the lack of calm of some people in anger?
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: SomeDamnedDude

jsf.1998

Dec 10, 2017
Shit, couldn't agree more...atm i'm doing a BBQ waiting to see Denmark vs Croatia, later have a nap or play video games and if i'm lucky the doc will release the game, if not, i'll watch a movie, and go to work tomorrow.... u can do tons of things rather than posting rage comments demanding games cause i cant do anything about the update, just wait.
said everything

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
Careful with these complaints, thet very often snow ball into basically being people harassing game creators. If that starts happening then creators will sometime abandon projects. Personally, I really don't want that to happen to Bone Manor and I don't think anyone else does either so lets chill.
Dude I share your concerns. Just like the saying "don't look a gift horse in the mouth", so what if he misses some updates (only those who donate have a legit reason to say anything). Life happens I make stuff as a hobby and I have people still waiting for things I was suppose to finish at Christmas but work and life has a way of screwing things up. patience is a virtue, everyone chill and if you are in the states go grab some fireworks and blow something up! happy early forth my fellow former colonials!

Early Cuyler

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listens...and waits
Donor
Jul 1, 2017

It just encourages laziness by developers. They make money for their work and you have no idea who has donated to him and who hasn't on this website. Stop speaking for all of us and constantly defending bullshit like this.

He's missed 4 deadlines now, if people like you keep letting him think that it's "j-j-just ok bro!" then he'll keep doing it because he knows people like you will instantly rush to his defence.

If somebody is making money for something they criticism is always warranted. And before you call me a "troll" or whatever, read my earlier comments in this thread when he missed the first 2 deadlines. I actually defended him because he almost never missed deadlines in the past.

But it's been an entire month now with multiple missed deadlines and that to me, is just bullshit.

It's also hilarious how comically "unlucky" these developers get the moment they become developers. It seems like they go through at least 10 major tragedies in their lives during the development of their games.

I really hope people don't actually believe them 90% of the time.

"Oh, my daughter died. Gonna need to delay my game a few days guys! Sorry!"

"Shit! My son died as well! Guess this months update is not gonna release in time =("

"SHIT! You guys won't believe this! My house just burned down killing everyone i've ever known or loved as well as destroying my PC! Game will have to be delayed another week!
I actually defended him
Yea...I'm not gonna engage this.

@RWaites Your right it is everyone's right to complain. I just don't wanna see Bones throw in the towel because of setbacks.

Reactions: RWaites

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
So Let's go Salty Springs...Sorry wrong thread :p.

Edit: Salt is not Good for your heart (Doc said)

4.10 star(s) 165 Votes