AkitoH

Mar 13, 2017
We got rid of Eric what, 5 months ago? Since then the "game" hasn't been as good. I think if you drew a graph for the popularity of this game, it would be decreasing since we got rid of Eric. Why? Because it's been too one dimensional. There's been no contest. When you actually get to a sex scene it just feels too easy.
I saw this argument a lot in BB's early days. And I still very much disagree. If lack of a contest is what it takes for a game's writing to be considered "one-dimensional" that speaks more about the writer's incapability to write an engaging story more than anything else.

The game didn't suffer because Eric was taken out. The game suffered because of Eric's involvement. Let me explain. The game hasn't been good because DS pinned all his writing and effort on making an antagonist in Eric and a poor one at that. So now, since he's gone, DS doesn't know where to go from there because all that effort was scrapped due to the negativity. He backed himself into that corner.

He created Eric to give motivation for the incest story to kick off. This in itself, wasn't the mistake. The mistake was having Eric be the center of everything. There was no story without Eric. That was the problem. At the end of the day it's "Big Brother: Incest Story of Your Life" not "Big Brother: Eric's Invasion".

A story can be engaging without a competitor and there's nothing wrong with having a competitor either. Problem is, DS focused solely on the competition. The actual incest story, while certainly not nonexistent, took a back seat to Eric's shenanigans. And the female characters suffered as a result. Ann became a stupid mother. Alice became a sellout, flirting with Stupid Ann's man. And Lisa was hella dense.

Let me tell you how foolish Eric is too. How many times in the past could we catch him masturbating to Alice at night? How many times could we catch him fucking Kira at night? Suppose it was Ann who caught him even one of those times. Even Stupid Ann wouldn't be able to brush that off the way she did the photographic evidence (which couldn't have been more moronic).

The combination of Eric's continuous shenanigans and convenient scenarios due to the girls' complete lack of common sense bogged the game down. He mishandled Eric's writing and mishandled the writing post-Eric. Now the conflict that he does have (earning money for the house) is being mishandled as well. Why? Because DS is not putting effort into making it a real threatening situation for the family. No eviction warnings. No game overs. No nothing. Everything is easy because he doesn't try to make the current conflicts he's given us any harder. Not because of Eric's disappearance.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
I saw this argument a lot in BB's early days. And I still very much disagree. If lack of a contest is what it takes for a game's writing to be considered "one-dimensional" that speaks more about the writer's incapability to write an engaging story more than anything else.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

war117

Nov 9, 2017
with the mod how can i make sure the mod is go to work with new Version of the game and this Version of the game

AkitoH

Mar 13, 2017
The point, I think, is more about conflict than 'a contest' as such - a competitor or rival is just one possible source of conflict. There really isn't any conflict in the game anymore. So for me, the game started going downhill when Eric was removed, not because Eric was some necessary element of a potential good BB game, but because the conflict he created was never replaced.
I mentioned this as the last thing in my comment. DS did give us another conflict. The problem is, he didn't give the conflict enough stake to it. In fact, any struggle is nonexistent. I brought this to his attention when he first came here, but he still hasn't done anything about it. Not like he owes me anything anyway, I'm not a patron and will likely never be one.

But the new conflict that was presented after Eric was removed was the need to become financially stable since Ann was left without a job. DS predictably mishandled this scenario just like the one with Eric. This could have been used as a driving force to not only bring the family together, but to expand the world and opportunities naturally. Max, Lisa and Alice would need to look for a real job. Whether it be the mall, the coffee shop, etc. If you don't find a job within a set date, the family would be more liable to be evicted sooner than later. This is where all these new characters would be useful and would actually fit into the story naturally rather than be shelved immediately upon creation due to contradicting polls and decisions.

I've said this religiously: DS doesn't think these things through.

nicox11

Oct 21, 2017
Hi guys, how to unlock all olivia events ? Nothing happened in my game ?
I chose Lise GF path previously but never see olivia in game (and the new events entroduced)

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I think one of the problems with Eric is this.DS promise that if we lower Eric's influence over all girls to 0 mom,aunt and sisters will kick him out.Well that never happen,not in 0.3 he first promise,not in 0.4 or 0.5.It seems to many of us he just lie about that option be present in the game.DS was thinking that for most of his patrons will be enought that there will be sex in the game in early updates and wont matter that this will be for Eric and not for Max.For me it was OK for Anna to have sex with Eric, but many don't approve that.I'm way more perverted than most here.Par example I will like all 3 chapters of DmD.Ch.1-sex with other girls than D;ch.2-sex with D and ch.3-chapter of fetishes.I bet many will stop after the sex with D,but not me.If we get something like futa/obviously strap-on/,bestiality/some dog,I doubt about horse/,interracial/Martin/and impregnation.
Another problem is how fast Eric makes a progress with Lisa/0.3/,Alice/0.3/ and Kira/0.4/.Actualy all the things Max do with his sisters and aunt help Eric to get intimate with the girls.Not to mention DS give him some mind wipe and mind control powers over the girls.Maybe that was the reason we don't get to the girls kick Eric out of the house.Because he uses the spell from DoD or the drug from The Gift Reloaded/Lab Rats/Corruption or the glasses from the Glassix.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hey, look, the Eric discussion is back! We're back to going in circles about this subject once more!
Better the Eric discussion is back than Eric himself:).It's obviously DS don't understand not only incest but sex games in total.But we still love the game or better say novel.He realy should consider doing cg comics.

Reactions: Asphyx and megadork

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Hi guys, how to unlock all olivia events ? Nothing happened in my game ?
I chose Lise GF path previously but never see olivia in game (and the new events entroduced)
We can not answer game play question in this thread so go here to ask:

kkmk

May 16, 2017
Hey, look, the Eric discussion is back! We're back to going in circles about this subject once more!
I honestly think that recent updates are similar. It is making this game very boring. Some say the story is getting strange. so this game needs more main story. NTR or whatever. I personally think extending Eric stories is more natural.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I honestly think that recent updates are similar. It is making this game very boring. Some say the story is getting strange. so this game needs more main story. NTR or whatever. I personally think extending Eric stories is more natural.
It is only for NTR lovers but for the other players will get rid of him asap.

@DarkSilver needs to finish all the dropped NPC's to make the game more fun to play.

We get Vicky several updates ago and still nothing.
We get Eve and even though she is used in v.11 and v.12 content she did not get any update for her.
We get new Olivia and her mom and who knows when we will get more content for them, the way its going we may, that is may get more content for them in 4-8 updates from now. Or they get dropped just like the other 2 did.

Reactions: Shanegrimes123

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017

@DarkSilver needs to finish all the dropped NPC's to make the game more fun to play.

We get Eve and even though she is used in v.11 and v.12 content she did not get any update for her.
We get new Olivia and her mom and who knows when we will get more content for them, the way its going we may, that is may get more content for them in 4-8 updates from now. Or they get dropped just like the other 2 did.
Problem is, people like the new content (at least I do), but like the content with Mom/Lisa/Alice more. That's why updates to Mom/Lisa/Alice get prioritised, and content with Olivia/Vicky/Eve get pushed back. DS doesn't have infinite time to update everything.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017

Personally, I don't care at all about any of the non-family characters, I hardly ever do.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Problem is, people like the new content (at least I do), but like the content with Mom/Lisa/Alice more. That's why updates to Mom/Lisa/Alice get prioritised, and content with Olivia/Vicky/Eve get pushed back. DS doesn't have infinite time to update everything.
Personally, I don't care at all about any of the non-family characters, I hardly ever do.
Both of you miss the point about Vicky, Max needs to learn how to make drinks and this will open up a lot more content with the family after a few drinks going around the house.
Eve could have been talked into helping Max get mom.
Olivia could have 3-some with Lisa and Max.
As for Olivia's mom she maybe in the same type of job as Kira now and that 3-some would be awesome.

So as you can see this is what should happen or something very close to this and you get more family content.

But no DS has dropped them for now or for ever who knows.

JohnSmift

Jul 20, 2017

You're failing to understand what he's done. He's introduced other NPC'S as a sort of teaser for his patreon's to let them know there will be content in the game after Max has sex with all the family members. It would've been pointless for him to tackle Vicky or Eve in earlier updates as a whole as that would delay any progress on the family route which is what most people started off for. It's clever marketing. He's introduced them as a teaser and is now gonna finish up with the family, expand on the other characters and then do a back and forth between them. It's 'milking' but it's brilliantly executed.

misterday

Apr 27, 2017
Remember last month, when updates v0.12 said that after Max giving massage for Ann, it will bring them to the next relationship (or kind of)
So, probably (big probably) this time, v0.13, Ann not gonna strict to Max anymore, or even more open minded for let him give her pleasure/stress release.
Time for sex? Maybe. But i'm not gonna expect more than 2 sex scene with Ann. I guess it will happen only in bedroom & bathroom. In the kitchen? Maybe just teasing pussy.

Reactions: Tirael

JohnSmift

Jul 20, 2017
Both of you miss the point about Vicky, Max needs to learn how to make drinks and this will open up a lot more content with the family after a few drinks going around the house.
Eve could have been talked into helping Max get mom.
Olivia could have 3-some with Lisa and Max.
As for Olivia's mom she maybe in the same type of job as Kira now and that 3-some would be awesome.

So as you can see this is what should happen or something very close to this and you get more family content.

But no DS has dropped them for now or for ever who knows.
There's a reason BB is one of the most successful projects on patreon.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes