• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

christopher thompson

Jun 12, 2017
Unfortunately, Patreon is only one rock stable platform. It's like Facebook, you may hate it but you have no choice.

Frankly speaking, I do believe in Glamor. I learn some harsh experience with BB and I hope I will be able to make things better/more attractive. And I will not be forced to switch game in the middle because of NTR/other stuff.
did you make changes to 0.13 as you found out that Patreon were blocking you think it might be final version or is it still how you originally planned it

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I understand it.
And i really believe that you believe that Glamour is going to be amazing.

But after they are done with the No-No topics now, do you really think that that's it ?.
That they will leave you to work in peace?.
Come one, you can't be that naive..

I understand that Patreon is the only Rock Solid platform, but this stuff is happening since 5 or 6 months ago.
In my mind, that's more then enough time to create something alternative.
And it don't has to be as complicated as Patreon, but if just a couple devs would have put their hands together in de last couple months then there would be a "new" patreon already.
That is the thing that annoys me the most..... Instead of working together for something better, that almost everybody just decided to wait it out..

For the last couple of weeks a couple of previous collegues and me(financial support) are working on a concept for a adult site(2 of them used to work for Paypal so they know a little bit what they are doing) but that's obviously still a couple months from finished because there are many, many things we need to work out.
But we have done so many things in 3 weeks that i know for sure that a couple devs together could have created something already by now.
I don't think Patreon plans on going after all adult content. The same people that are trying to get all the rape and incest off of their site would be the first to complain if, for example, gay content were taken off. Removing all adult content means Patreon takes a much bigger hit than with just incest. Developers that stick with subjects that are also legal in real life likely won't run into too much trouble. An exception would be BDSM. That's too rape-y for some people's tastes, and seems like it would fall under the category of "sexualized violence." Then again, so too would spankings.

And how are you going to have money handled on the new site? PayPal won't go with it. As much as I love me some adult content, I'm not trusting my credit card to a purely adult site, or to some intermediary other than PayPal, Google, or Amazon Pay, none of whom would be involved in that. I'm not going to go through the trouble of BitCoin or some other cryptocurrency. Games like BB did so well on Patreon because it allowed people to give somewhat anonymously and safely to stuff they wouldn't want to be associated with publicly. And can you imagine the fun that occurs when there's a data breach at some new site taking the banned games from Patreon? If people know I give to Patreon... no big deal. I can tell them I support writers and other content creators. But if my name and email address appear on a data breach from "Rapeon.com", then I have some 'splaining to do.

Reactions: Pantisocrat

Lucifer

Aug 22, 2016
Of course we will develop our site and connect it to adult payment processor. But it will take some time.

When it will be ready - we would be happy to do whatever we want without bowing to Patreon

This is amazing news! Can't wait for that to happen!

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Shared by Dark Silver on Discord a picture from Glamour..
View attachment 61949
Hmm. That does look interesting. I may have to give the game a try. Without incest though, I don't know how much I'd enjoy it. Sorry... incest is my big kink.

I wonder how Patreon feels about the one-off incestual relationship in a game full of non-incest? They did mention Game of Thrones. I wonder a little bit of incest is allowed if it's not the central theme of the game? Because Glamour does look pretty shiny. But without the chance for some of my kinks, I don't think it would hold my attention for too long.

U

User_51567

I left? Really?

Say your big thanks to Patreon, please.
The cause is Patreon of course.... Everybody knows that and everybody hates them for it.
But in the end it's your descision to put BB on hold and complying with their wishes... Only yours.

There are a couple other devs who went to the same crap as you and are now working with a temporary other solution(another game, while working on their original game but away from patreon and even away from their name "officially")So nothing can be traced back to you..
And if you are working on your own website like you are saying, then you should not be worried at all....

I'm happy that you decided to "freeze" the game and are not saying that this is it....
Gives hope that maybe in a couple months when you got your own website and stuff that you can push out a couple more updates to finish it all up..

And i respect the choice/route that you took now (Don't understand it but hell :p )...
Hopefully you continu to work on this game in the coming months in private so that when you got your own website that you have a big solid update :) ..

But that's enough from me....
I can talk all day about what's going on and how i don't understand some descisions.... But that's of no use :)..

Good luck to u DS ....
And i really, really hope that everything works out in the end for you.
And you can count on my (financial)support again when you got you own website and continu BB ;) .

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes