• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Big Brother Assets installation in Daz3d

majestydx8

Jun 11, 2018
Hey guys,

@admins if this post is not in the right forum, please help me change it.

I know there are many big brother fan-made games out there. But I am not a game creator, I am someone who wants to get into daz3d and make bb fan art which I always wanted to be in the original game.

So I download Daz studio and around 17gb of bb assets from the bb art assets thread.

Started manually installing all the assets but I always run into some kind of issue. So I just want to ask here, for some help.

If someone has been through this please share your experience. You can DM me with the steps.

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Hello, wich issues ? Can you be more specific please ?

majestydx8

Jun 11, 2018
Hello, wich issues ? Can you be more specific please ?
Mostly from start unclenanard.

1. Downloaded all assets in mega folder.
2. Extracted them and pasted in daz library.
3. Loaded some pre built character file, have whole list of missing files.

UncleNanard

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Send me the link i will look.
But if assets are missing there is 2 solutions :

1 - Installed in the wrong folder
2 - You don't have the assets.

So check if your library path is good in DAZ and if it's good look wich assets are missing and just download it.

majestydx8

Jun 11, 2018
Send me the link i will look.
But if assets are missing there is 2 solutions :

1 - Installed in the wrong folder
2 - You don't have the assets.

So check if your library path is good in DAZ and if it's good look wich assets are missing and just download it.
If it was one or two I would have downloaded them. But damm, whole lot were missing.

UncleNanard

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
There is no other solution sorry :(
Download them or check the installation path.

Jul 18, 2018
Lisa's hair fix isn't in the mega, you'll have to search for it on here. Some of the textures are in the wrong place too. I know it's a pain, but it really is your file paths. Also a lot of the assets (clothes, etc.) won't be in your library, and you'll have to manually load them.

majestydx8

Jun 11, 2018
Lisa's hair fix isn't in the mega, you'll have to search for it on here. Some of the textures are in the wrong place too. I know it's a pain, but it really is your file paths. Also, a lot of the assets (clothes, etc.) won't be in your library, and you'll have to manually load them.
Lot of assets(clothes, etc) won't be in your library? Do you mean, the assets(clothes) I downloaded from the fan art thread?

Jul 18, 2018
Lot of assets(clothes, etc) won't be in your library? Do you mean, the assets(clothes) I downloaded from the fan art thread?
Yeah. There's a ton of stuff I can't get to list from the the smart content menu, but if I load it manually from the content library tab I can still use it. Though that might be because I haven't bothered to convert anything, and I refuse to work with models other than 8/8.1

majestydx8

Jun 11, 2018
Yeah. There's a ton of stuff I can't get to list from the the smart content menu, but if I load it manually from the content library tab I can still use it. Though that might be because I haven't bothered to convert anything, and I refuse to work with models other than 8/8.1
Great thing you mentioned about model 8/8.1

I saw this plug-in to convert genesis 3 to 8. Do you know how to use it? It would be great if you can help me with it.