VN - Others - Completed - Beyond Eden [Studio Pieplus]

1. 5.00 star(s)

perles75

The Gay Tag Review

This visual novel is fully gay, with no straight content. Even though the drawings are not too explicit (no genitalia in sight), the combination of drawings and text makes it abundantly clear what's happening, and there are a lot of sex scenes.

Excellently drawn story with a very good cast, very Victorian in both setting and concept (you must like that kind of period drama). You play one of the few examples of well-characterised 'evil' main characters (the spring for the whole story is vengeance for a past guilt), but the vast array of endings (two or three possibilities for each of the 6 love interests) allows you to explore from full evil to redemption paths without defying credibility.
    Graphics are good (of course you need to like the manga style); sometimes you wished that the authors had been more daring in some paths (for example in the domination/humiliation endings), but it doesn't diminish the experience overall. I should also mention that the whole package is very nice, with galleries to reply the scenes, images, extras, etc.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Koburo

This game was a pleasant surprise to me. Even though the scenes aren't really explicit, the game does a good job at maintaining the sexual atmosphere and the CG art is incredible.

However, what really fascinated me about this game and drove me to play every character route was the plot.

While the main character is mainly looking for his revenge, he isn't inherently evil and gives you the possibility of forgiving those who have wronged you
    (and actually giving you a "good ending", even though some are by questionable means such as blackmail and debt) or choosing to stick to the MC's long awaited revenge and tearing the family apart from inside while also sleeping with some good looking guys.