VN - Ren'Py - Between Humanity [v0.1.5] [DebatingPanda]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Zemax

[v0.1.5]

Story: 10/10
    The story is very interesting with excellent writing and plenty of mystery. Waking up in the hospital after an accident only to discover there's more to it, and realizing you weren't alone at the time of the accident. also, the MC experiences some changes too after the accident. I'm excited to see where it leads.

Character personalities: 10/10
    Each character has a unique personality, which I find refreshing. Unlike many games where characters may look different but act similarly, here, each one feels unique and well-developed. My favorite character so far is Lucy. as for the MC he seems a bit ordinary for now, but something definitely happened to him after the accident. We'll see how the MC develops.

Character Designs: 8.5/10
    The character designs are top-notch. The high-quality rendering in Honey Select 2 showcases the effort put into making each character stand out. It's clear that the developer, DebatingPanda, went beyond basic models to create something truly special. However, the reason why it's 8.5/10 is that some characters, like Chloe, could use some improvements, this is only my opinion, but overall, it has great characters designs

Animations and Scenes: 10/10
    Probably, most of you skipped to that part wondering about the amount of content and scenes in the game. The animations are pretty solid. It's clear that DebatingPanda started creating the game after gaining some experience with Honey Select 2, making a good impression with the initial release. There are 4 or 5 sex scenes, depending on how you see it. Players who don't enjoy lesbian scenes, for example, can turn them off and replace them with alternative scenes. Each scene offers a variety of positions and animations.

TL;DR: The game has a decent amount of content, and it shows great potential, I highly recommend "Between Humanity".
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Dessolos

For what's there does feel above average however the story does need more time in the oven to cook. However what is there so far in terms of the story is interesting and makes me look forward to what's to come. I see this one having potential in the story department which is saying something since it has the harem tag and usually the story is the worst part of those.

So far don't really dislike any characters but the ones I do like I love them so far they are just great and cute whenever they appear. Animations seem great as well.

The only negative I have so far is there is a dream sex scene and im not a fan of those personally.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

frickbags

Normally it would feel premature to rate a game this early on in development. But it's pretty easy to tell this game is gonna be a hit.
    Already got fantastic production quality, sound design, animations, environments, characters, renders and animation all look great.
    So far the plot is truly fascinating, I'm already drawn in and waiting to see where it goes next.
    The characters also seem varied and unique and i hope this quality holds in future updates.
    Great work so far Dev, can't wait to see what happens next.

P.S. (Spoilers) I will say that all the Naomi scenes so far give me very uncomfortable PTSD flashbacks to a certain other game where a nurse comes on to you (IYKYK), REALLY hope this plot doesn't go like that one haha
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Jeycii_

Ok, so I have been delaying this review for a long time now. I love this game so I wanted to write a properly love letter but never found the time for it and now I feel like just a 5* will already be helpful in those early stages.
    Anyway
    BH is a really great game. It already looks fantastic in it early stages and the number of possible LIs already look promising (especially the milf and the teacher, im dying to see their content lol)
    The story looks promising so far and even tho its only chapter 1 so far, I have already replayed this game 3 times. Just because its whole atmosphere is so chilling and I like the cast of ppl so far.
    The dev is also really chill. Normally im not so active anymore on discord servers, but his is an exception. Its usually fun.

So yea. This game has great potential and im looking forward to the future of this hidden gem.

PANDA ARMY, LETS GOOO!

Btw Did I already mention the milf and the teacher are hot af? Damn...
  5. 5.00 star(s)

futurezombie007

I have now Idea how this game has not blown up yet to me its pretty good so far i like the story the characters the interactions the world and well overall i had a blast playing this hopefully you working on this DP its Really good
  6. 5.00 star(s)

bASKOU

I don't usually rate a game in early stage, but I think this is deserved here. And if it can help to help this game get the attention it deserves I do it with pleasure. Impresssive first version, with quite a lot of content and more than anything a story that seems solid. Can't wait to see the next update (but i'll have too T_T)

Keep the good work!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Antera

Hidden gem which I accidently stumbled. MC looks good, act bit perv for my taste but still goo. LIs are interesting and look great.

Content wise there is only 1 chapter unfortunately. So its gonna take while before there will be enough content. Lot of mystery is going on in story, Would be interesting to see where it will go. Sad that this game cannot be sold on steam..
  8. 5.00 star(s)

asdcvb

This game is something special.
    If this game continues the way it's going it's an easy hall of famer.

A certain scene in the classroom gave me actual goosebumps it was just
    executed so well.

Very high production quality. Very good writing this far. Every character feels unique and insanely loveable. The character designs are as if i've comissioned them myself. Really adore all the character choices.

Dom/submission focus is great. Transparent stats at end of chapter is a great touch. Only negative is that it's so amazing the wait for content is going to hurt.

Also personally I'd love some moaning during sex scenes, only thing keeping the game from hitting all my personal spots.

Thank you so much developer, so excited for the future of your games. Good luck!
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Dorfnutter

(Disclaimer: Review is for Version 0.1.5 and is subject to change upon game's final release)

This...THIS is how you actually make a game that feels inspired by a certain popular game. You take some of the elements, you give it your absolute time and effort, and you make it stand on its own as a story that feels familiar but a whole lot different and unique at the same time.

Not to mention there's a lot of good stuff here. The renders are gorgeous, the story is intriguing enough, the cast is decent and has some potential, and there's at least some meat to beat your "meat" with...if you know what I mean.

One criticism I have however is that story's currently on the short side so anyone expecting longer (or have a faster reading speed like mine) might want to wait for further updates before diving in. Another is that the main character is a bit too "normal" when you compare him to the design of the rest of the cast. Overall though, this one certainly has potential and I want to see where it's headed.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

DrDerpington

TL;DR = nice romance game with some mystery drama involved.

Story: 5/5
    + MC wakes up in a hospital and he has partial amnesia. He doesnt remember what he was doing in last few days. His female childhood friend is worried about him and she asks him to move into her house. There he will live with her and her twin sister and mother.
    + Romance plot line is full of typical tropes. It is nothing extraordinary, but it has good vibes. Childhood friend is sweet girl who has crush on MC. Her twin sister is a mischievous daredevil. Their mom is sexually frustrated MILF. Etc.
    + But things will start to complicate when MC start remembering his memories. (I wont spoil the mystery and drama). It twists story in an interesting way. This isnt some typical romance game.

Art and Sex stuff: 4/5
    + Girls are hot.
    + Renders are good.
    + Sex scenes are good.
    - Sadly the game is still in early development and there isnt much sex content.

Gameplay: 4/5
    + This is typical VN with choices.
    + Choices has some impact on the game. But they mostly influence whether the girls will like you. You can also choose whom you are gonna pursue.
    + Game has decent soundtrack.
    + English is good.
    - Only downside of the game is the fact, that this game is still in early development and doesnt have much content.

To sum it up:
    I really enjoyed this game. Although the game is short, I have liked what have I seen.
    I will recommend this. Maybe you can check this game after there is new update and more content.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.1.5

Easily one of the better starts of the newer games I've checked out lately. One of those times you can tell there's just a lot of effort going into the game. Great environments and renders, the character models look good, its got music and sound, and the animations are nice enough thus far. It's got that quality feel to it.

The current version serves as a good introduction to some of the characters so far. We don't really get a lot of any girl in particular, but instead are kinda introduced to a blend of girls with just enough to get a good feel for each of their characters. They're all pretty cute so far, and more or less feel varied enough in personality to stand out from each other. The twins dynamic is fun, drunk single mother is hot, and the rest of them have my interest in one way or another.

I'm not one for amnesia plots, but I'm not really sure this would even be called that? We suffer from an accident that clearly has a bit more to it than just being an "accident," and a girl we were with seems to be missing both in reality and in our memory. Seems like we gotta find her. I'm intrigued enough, but I'd like to know more about her connection with the MC before I become invested in finding her if that makes sense.

One thing the overview talks about is how humanity is bordering on this dystopia, and you get little snippets in game about how advanced technology has become. I'll say I don't think that aspect gets very good representation thus far. Truthfully probably wouldn't have guessed if I didn't read it in the overview. The world feels strangely modern when you think about all the advanced tech it has. I guess it's small in the grand scheme of things, but feedback is feedback.

There's one thing actually bothering me a bit however: the MC's dialogue. I'm not completely clicking with him. I think if I didn't have to read about half of his current inner monologue my life would be better for it. Not sure how many more cheesy lines followed by "he he" I can take before I cave my own skull in. It's like he's trying to be quirky? Humorous? Every once in awhile I read a line that makes me cringe and then I started to wish he just talked less. I also don't need a game telling me these characters I'm looking at are hot. I have eyes man. Though the pervy comments aren't nearly as egregious as other games to be fair.

Besides that the game is good so far. I'm a fan of lesbian stuff so that bathroom scene hit, the plot has me intrigued enough, and the girls are cute. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm hooked yet, but I'm definitely going to play this again when it gets some updates. Hopefully this establishes itself into something solid.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

PeeButtNutter

This is a great start. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one, for sure.
    The renders are great. Every girl is a 10/10 cutie-pie, although they also seem to be hella stacked. I do like a bit of variation in sizes and shapes, so I hope the game will introduce a more nuanced cast in the future and ADD to the portfolio.

Give it a try! The game is currently rather short with a few lewd scenes, but they're worth the download.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

OhTheLove

Eternum, Unraveling August, City Devil Restart, Striving Forward and now Between Humanity, things just keep getting better and better. I honestly wasn't expecting this to be this good but the story, characters and the UI have been nothing but excellent.

The setting looks very interesting because I love me a good mystery. As it stands we are in the dark just as much as the MC is, and taking into account some of the events that have already occurred I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

The UI and the systems that have been set in place are pretty awesome, you can easily see that a lot of heart and soul has been put into creating this VN and I am here for it.

The Characters are well designed and so far very likable (Lucy is Best Girl but dang it Anya gives her a run for her money), I hope to see them well expanded because I have noticed that there are a lot of romanceable female characters
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    . Fleshing out that many characters is not going to be easy.

All in all, this looks like it's going to be fun ride if the Dev is committed to the cause. I do hope we get an in depth look at Jane's thoughts on why she decided to let a grown man come into her house though, doesn't matter that he's Lucy's Best friend or why Anya seems to be so drawn to him despite his monologues showing that they are acquaintances at best.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

MrPles4nt

If the dev sticks with it, this will become a banger. Reminds me a lot of Caribdis's early work and look at the highs they're hitting now with Eternum.

Is just the first episode, there's the normal tropes of dream sex being the main real lewd stuff early on but I'm sure we'll move past that pretty quickly going forward.

Story seems quite interesting and all the dialogue is pretty well written so far.

The character models are great (I am a sucker for great Honey Select games and this looks like one of them). As another reviewer mentioned maybe some variety in body shapes/sizes would be nice but as is, everyone's pretty hot so good stuff (y)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Amonvonbon

Pretty simple so far but really good. Dialogue is good mostly, the models look amazing, and there is a pretty interesting budding mystery within the plot. The atmosphere with the music is variable and at times uninteresting but its hard not to give this game 5 stars on everything else alone. Early days but I hope it continues to rise in quality.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Forgotted

Still early on in the game, but the Developer has done a great job so far. Very enjoyable.

As others have mentioned, the renders are all fine, and the writing is good as well with very few errors.

Easily the very best feature is the involvement of the Developer within the f95 forum. DebatingPanda ranks at/near the top of the list when compared to other Devs around here. Extremely helpful, humble, and quick to respond. That alone will ensure a long successful life for Between Humanity.

This is an easy one to recommend and hopefully many will support it.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Trexsins

This game has very good character design...I really loved the style of Jane. Still pretty early in development but there is some good story brewing, I can sense that. Writing seems good and there's verity in character personality. From playing I could sense that the dev is pretty caring about this and seems sincere. I hope the development continues and we can get frequent updates. Wishing good Luck to the dev...
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Good renders, nice girls. seems interesting. currently there is only little content. But loved it loved the personalities of girls. this got the potential to become a nice game.

If you like games with nice renders and girls. This one is for you. Keep up the good work dev, looking forward to next updates
  19. 5.00 star(s)

smackdab

Such an impressive start! The game/VN (v. 0.1.5) is practically overflowing with potential. The Ren'Py engine is being put to very good use and the UI is very well enhanced and utilized in general. The script is of high quality and I am excited to see where this goes.

My only gripe - and it is a minor one - is the lack of variety in female body types - everybody is slim and incredibly chesty. Some variation would be good.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Giggling Raven

Great game. Story looks promising, graphics are excellent and even though there weren't many of them since it's still early in development, the animations seemed very smooth (Amber breathing heavily in the restroom while talking with MC after her scene was a nice touch). I also really liked the amount of choices we've got and since I'm not a big fan of dream stuff, I appreciate being able to stop it the second time around.

Characters also look very attractive and while it's still too early to tell if they're good since most didn't get proper screen time yet, Lucy and Anya at least are great. Lucy is especially adorable.

Really great first chapter with a definitely above average amount of content for a single version. Will quickly become one of my favorites if this is the standard for following chapters.