Unreal Engine Betrayer of Mankind [v0.0.2 Tech Demo] [Sepoficus]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Feed99

Apr 7, 2023
I personally have absolutely no problem with bad opinions about my game, not now, not in any other point. I am thankful to everyone saying what they think about it.

I approached a point of really needing to see if I am even ever capable of reducing the memory, compiling, uploading and demonstrating it to the public, or if I ever will be stuck on staring at it from the editor always fearful of it not being finished enough for the public taste and be review bombed down.

The example of most early Breeder of Nephelim builds I remember downloading where all you could do is run around empty map with 1 house but over years grown to be a very nice technical game gave me determination to try working on mine with an open schegule frames and public opinion to guide me.

I'm glad I overcome the fear and tried it. Always loved F95Zone site for many years. Never expected my own game to be here, but seeing it in the list for the first time was overwhelming.
Good luck getting those stars on, I want to play it when it does (y)

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
One advice to the developer. Make sure the game's systems interact nicely with each other. I.e. that this whole "RPG/RTS/LifeSim/Survival/Adventure" doesn't play like five different games under one title.

El Presidente

Jun 11, 2018
I personally have absolutely no problem with bad opinions about my game, not now, not in any other point. I am thankful to everyone saying what they think about it.
Off course there is nothing personal, but try to deliver a more polish version next time. Walking on lava and better models are the latest problems.
The biggest problem is the combat because the lack of animation, abondance of lines and the "engagement rule" (i try to shoot an enemy with a spell but it was immune unless i was in combat) make it very unclear. Also I "used" the mace and it disappear causing me to play the game with only the magic.
The last considerations about the room, try to give more speed to the main character because the rooms are very large.

Overall i hope I didn't discouraged you, and i hope for an improvement.

Sepoficus

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2023
Off course there is nothing personal, but try to deliver a more polish version next time. Walking on lava and better models are the latest problems.
The biggest problem is the combat because the lack of animation, abondance of lines and the "engagement rule" (i try to shoot an enemy with a spell but it was immune unless i was in combat) make it very unclear. Also I "used" the mace and it disappear causing me to play the game with only the magic.
The last considerations about the room, try to give more speed to the main character because the rooms are very large.

Overall i hope I didn't discouraged you, and i hope for an improvement.
Yes, those are things I would have added had I been able to give myself 1 more month

From what I gather, September's most achievable target improvements are:

-polished initial level and start of the following level part (improved traps, puzzles, stretched textures, interior design)
-adding second music track for variety
-male protagonist and movement speed/animation rework
-climbing, at-least for the player (add heavy armor climbing restriction in the future)
-main menu (and exit game function)
-dying game over mechanic from lava or enemies
-finished elf models models and maybe a female human one
-attempt adding inventory for weapons/armor to allies
-trying to make at-least 1 sex animation (maybe too early lore wise, but perhaps for the demo)
-adding horny needs bar to player and allies
-better control/mechanic tutorials (maybe slaying the clergy tutorial room)
-lore bits from objects or dialogues
-magic system to work
-equipped weapon not disappearing on pickup
-enemies anomation/collision box fix
-hide action tracers
-add enemies variety and positioning (fix infighting)
-add loot variety, properties and fix naming issues
-add health and needs bars to allies
-balance needs system for greater realism, more options to fill hunger and thirst
-add greater variety of lifesim furniture to interact with, work on lifesim balance
-improve pathfinding or at least place blockers to prevent corner cutting npc falling into lava
-give movement and ranged animations to allies. (+prevent them from running into enemies)

There could be more added and I will briefly comment on each target's progress on my discord page when I touch them.

Last edited:

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
Why is the game tagged "female protagonist"?

Could you explain how the fights work? I can draw a sword, but not use it. neither can I cast spells.

This game looks promising, I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

Sepoficus

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2023
Why is the game tagged "female protagonist"?

Could you explain how the fights work? I can draw a sword, but not use it. neither can I cast spells.

This game looks promising, I'm gonna keep an eye on it.
It wasn't tagged as "female protagonist" by me. I was surprised to notice it myself, as that tag was kindly added by this forum's moderator who tried the game themselves and seen that you play with a female model.
It was a placeholder and I'll change it in game and on the forum as soon as I get control over page

As for combat, as of the moment you equip your weapon through inventory, and swing it to hit enemies. There is bow and magic you can use, but they, like a quest and loot system I had in place broken down shortly before release somewhy. Too much tinkering around.

You have some female elf allies with you who can use ranged attacks on enemies who hit you, but they tend to run into the enemy somewhy even though I dont see what makes them.

Atm there is no death for the main character, but next release I'll try to make it happen.

Last edited:

Mano_Muerta

Jun 25, 2020
at the moment playing this game fells like a kick in the mouth but is still better than fallout 76

I rly want to play the future versions, I wish you luck in the development

Sepoficus

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2023
Will it be possible to play a fem protagonist in the future?
That thought occured to me a few times.

At the present moment I do not know how to facilitate having multiple protagonists, the list above is something I'm somewhat fomiliar with and already accomplishing atm, but having multiple start variants and even more - major storylines, or having a customizable main hero is something too big for my scope and something I haven't tried yet.

In the huge list of plans a female protagonist is truth be told currently very low. However, when some of the most critical goals will be achieved, if there will be a demand for it, especially from patrons, and I or possible hired devs will not be otherwise taken over then I do consider a female heroine to be something I'll enjoy attempting to add.

Possible solution:

1 - Mind you, I already have somewhat of a candidade for it. The very first companion that you start with, elf by the name of Ashenchesa which will be shown later, I want to play somewhat of a big role, gameplay and romance wise.

I want to fill her with characteristics of a particular female adventuring game character from the 90's games I was desperatly in love with as kid. See, I presumed first, that despite all the RTS armies you can command, it will be just you and her exploring the adventure type of dungeons with a lot of climbing, crawling, puzzling and jumping, hense she has such strong legs and arms for high jumps and climbs. (I also consider ability of taking multiple companions of varied races/abilities into such adventure dungeons, not just Ashenchesa alone, but the romantics of it being just two of you there appealed to me so highly once that I almost wanted to remove the RTS part and other women from the game.)

Being realism junkie I hate the idea of body switching, yet it could be hard but achievable, say using magic lore wise, to create a possibility to switch between the two characters in player controls as puzzles might demand OR to make a spin off game for Ashenhesa specifically as a solo rpg/adventuring character, before meeting main hero.

2 - I have also dwelled upon requests to play for the male side, and I mentioned a small sub-campaign I could do with management/defense of a stronghold against zombies playing as male knights/warriors of fire, but I came over a better idea.

A typical RTS strategy like "custom game" mode or separate game where you can chose a race (with division on female/male within races) to control and fight in multiplayer/vs ai against other races on typical skirmish maps, not like over 15-30 minutes games but nearly role-play like lengths of time due to map scale/game speed/gameplay goals/requirements where you might be able to chose or create your character and even do some coop for the same side. Fighting not only the enemy team for resources and survival but neutral mobs to level and loot.

But that again is very much awishful planning again, in sphere of 2 other sci-fi and modern shooter games in same universe. Many way more crucial goals are currently set ahead, yet with proper financial backing, people and time I feel like all is easily possible.

There is always a problem - what's the current development focus - make story, make big world, interiors, models, mechanics. It's not a single press of a button alas.

Last edited:

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
SJW's coming here to cry about the game being horrendously sexist in t-..

Meanwhile I'm just here like 'why make it just another female protagonist game?!!'
I'd be much more interested in having the option to be either an elven female, Or an orkish male.
Hell, a futa human :D that's new and exciting.

Also, have the choice to support either faction (as either one of the hopefully 3 genders).

Because hating on the males as a female, or hating on the females as a male
doesn't birth interesting quests, doesn't promise drama, character growth or degradation.

Sure, it's a tech demo, but I'd love to see at least a fraction of the ideas put into this.

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
I myself am, mildly speaking, far from a fan of futa, but yeah, I would welcome the option to play an elven female, or even better, to be able to pick the protagonist's gender, and perhaps his race as well.

Sepoficus

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2023
Hello everybody. How you all been doing and waiting? Sorry for the silence, I must unfortunately inform you that I will have to postpone the release of v0.0.2 until 4th of October, just like I released v0.0.1 on 4th of September due to inexperince.

Bad news: after release on the 4th I couldn't do any dev work for about 10 days with my mind exhausted to the point of complete emptiness after 8 months of non-stop tinkering with Unreal engine, and of the rest of 15 days I had long 70gig asset downloads, whole project texture corruption, transition of whole 5k model/terrain into nanites which also took whole days to do, couple whole day family birthdays and ofc dedicating time to my wife days, so really I could not accomplish too much this month and I'm racing now to provide a better experience for the September's version.

Good news: 1st - I will try to aim releasing new version every 2 weeks instead of 1 month as I understand it is what is needed to keep the project afloat in the updates section.
2nd - I probably found a programmer I'll pay out of my pocket with overtime work who could help my newbie self with fixing a few issues I've been banging my head against for days .
3rd - there is a bit of a story change for the main protagonist which ups the stakes a bit.

I hope to be able to get owneship for the page and give a bit of a development video I promised at the start for this version and on while also trying to start making more of a media presence on various platforms to give the project more exposure.

Thank you and see you soon!

Reactions: Mano_Muerta

Sepoficus

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2023
VERSION 0.0.2

This month has been a hard one for development. I am surprised I could accomplish anything, considering how many obstacles appeared before me. I will not list them, but it took a chip out of 3/4 of my possible work time. You can find more details in September's development log on my discord.

In any case, the good thing is that I managed to remove a few of the most glaring issues in a bit of a dirty way for now, but there is always a first step.

PRIMARILY:

-Male protagonist. -Spells now work as intended. - Death upon falling from heights or hitting lava. -Death from enemy hits after 0 HP -Fixing weapon pickup from one's own hand. -Added sprinting/walking. -New story for the main character to raise the stakes.

SECONDLY:

-Fix weapon swing freezing your character. (you need to click attack button couple times now though) -New level, (palace). -New music (sad/militaristic). -Hidden action tracers. -Added overhead Healthbars. -Improved NPC pathfinding. -Converted all models to Nanite for performance. - Added passive regenerations. -Floating damage indication. -Enemies fighting each other is fixed (don't fight your ally atm though) -XP system is revived. -Player stats are improved upon. -Bind companion to you so it won't disappear if it goes too far away from the original spawn location.

NOT DONE:

-Could not give Ashenchesa textures. (Not enough Blender to Unreal experience). -Could not give Ashenchesa animations (simply could not find time this version). -Could not add more enemy variety/item variety (simply could not find time this version) -Could not continue or improve the underground level (the surface "little" training area turned into a whole-out palace+city) -Could not improve camera rotation (Tried, made it worse, returned to original click and drag) -Could not improve lore feed, (could not find time) -Did not not fix selection icons for allies to display health and needs stats. (Cant find how to reference them)
-Could not finish the Palace sufficiently, not enough time. -Could not add main menu of some sort, not enough time. -Could not fix quest system, not enough time -Could not fix the jitter in the enemy movement, what I tried had no effect, etc... Work is moving on.

Mind that the city outside the palace is not for gameplay purpuse, I left it accessable for those with exploration itch.

BUGS:

-Game crashes for me two to three times when I start it (error message different each time, but generally goes OK after the third launch). Idk what is the issue there yet. I find that killing the enemy NPCs instead of running past them tends to delay the crash a bit, so I cut the enemy amount by 2/3rds just in case.

Let me know if you have it too. Will target this bug in the next version.

-The underground level's lighting and postprocess is unfortunately broken as of v0.0.2 and it's completely my fault because I could have fixed it, but after trying to release a new version for 10 days and packaging the new version over 20 times, I could not find strength to fix it after it was just working fine a version ago and I didn't do anything to break it. I was too depleeted, and left it for the next version 2 weeks later.

Last edited:

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
after reading the irritated review and a part of the wall of (someone sucking dev's cock) text for something not in curent version, i understood two things, the game has potential and it has no place in the "game" section at the moment, to prevent rant, it would probably be a good idea from the modo to put a section for techdemo or a "prefix" so people can skip or look after such project :/ (there's curently onhold, abandoned and completed, adding a tech demo should help greatly to general mood of users) i personaly tend to get irritated when game's score and review are based on (far) future potential reachable but put on something which is curently unplayable or which has just enough content to be started as a program T_T
btw summary seem interesting i'll probably come back take a look once it's an actual game even if it's not finished ^^

Reactions: Feed99

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
BetrayerOfMankind-0.0.2TechDemo
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Since this gonna be male portagonist and no longer female protagonist, wish you luck.

I really wanted play as female protagoist. But since the dev stated that it was a mistake and he working to bring male protagonist as it shuld be dev words not mine.

I better stop asking if there gender selection or not like playing this gamel only female portagonist (could be cool) but since it's temporary, just best of luck.

Bey bey female prortagonist too sad you are just tempory playbale character and will no longer be :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sepoficus

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2023
Since this gonna be male portagonist and no longer female protagonist, wish you luck.

I really wanted play as female protagoist. But since the dev stated that it was a mistake and he working to bring male protagonist as it shuld be dev words not mine.

I better stop asking if there gender selection or not like playing this gamel only female portagonist (could be cool) but since it's temporary, just best of luck.

Bey bey female prortagonist too sad you are just tempory playbale character and will no longer be :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wouldn't be so hasty about throwing your hopes up for a character selection/customization.

I am planning a change of name for the game to encorporate a bigger universe name for it all instead of a single storyline of the betrayer prince and a selection of characters starts are in my mind for the time being all in the same timeline and universe, simply because I have many character background I would like to see playable in this setting. Defenetly an evil wizard type in his tower or a stealthy assassin to name just a couple.

Ashenchesa, your elf companion, is defenetly going to be a hero of her own story in this game's alternative start. (Added a female protagonist to planned features.)

I believe such different starts could be more viable to do when the game will reach it's open-world stage and will have sufficient open space and content to place these new hero starts.

As for customization. I would love to give you all that of-course. Seen a few tutorials existing about how to do that. Name of the character will not be fixed anymore for example, no matter how much I miss playing as myself in my 10 year old youtube channel that was banned for naughty game mods.

If only I could do things faster and better and was able to hire assitance. (that Friench programmer ghosted me I'm afraid. Might find another. Programming is one of my weak spots atm as you might tell)

Last edited:

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
I wouldn't be so hasty about throwing your hopes up for a character selection/customization.

I am planning a change of name for the game to encorporate a bigger universe name for it all instead of a single storyline of the betrayer prince and a selection of characters starts are in my mind for the time being all in the same timeline and universe, simply because I have many character background I would like to see playable in this setting. Defenetly an evil wizard type in his tower or a stealthy assassin to name just a couple.

Ashenchesa, your elf companion, is defenetly going to be a hero of her own story in this game's alternative start. (Added a female protagonist to planned features.)

I believe such different starts could be more viable to do when the game will reach it's open-world stage and will have sufficient open space and content to place these new hero starts.

As for customization. I would love to give you all that of-course. Seen a few tutorials existing about how to do that. Name of the character will not be fixed anymore for example, no matter how much I miss playing as myself in my 10 year old youtube channel that was banned for naughty game mods.

If only I could do things faster and better and was able to hire assitance. (that Friench programmer ghosted me I'm afraid. Might find another. Programming is one of my weak spots atm as you might tell)
For now I don't gonna play as male protagonist. Becous I love play this game as Female protagonist, I care less about male main hero. Since as you described this game in overview of this game is Male Protagonist that it not my cup of tea. It look like the game is around a man or guy since the story you descrive he go around gaining harem and slaves mostly female? That he alredy killed lot of bunch of elf girls that It look like exterminate the whole kind that ain't humans. I don't feel like exterminate wipped out the whole race it not appeling to me. It look all the story go around the prince of mankind I just tand to run away instead of wanting to play it.

I prefer play the whole game as female protagonist no even want even try it out with male protagonist or even multiple protagonist I just stop before even try it out.

I see bunch of games like this that don't even let me choose which gender the playble character gonna be.

I'm 100% female protagonist player.

For now I just wait and see.
As I say best of luck.

Reactions: Sepoficus
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes