Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

Kenshi2k

Aug 13, 2019
is there a reason every link but one is dead and the last one leads to viruses?
the answer to that is
Thread Update: 2021-06-16
Release Date: 2021-06-13
this means its been 2+ years since anyone posted a file and the ones that were posted have expired, the one with the virus is probly a troll, internet has loads of trolls, wish they would die, but in this world, wish's don't come true.

foy

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, so guys. I gotta say that its 2+ years of wait... not for the release of full game. Its gonna be 1 patch. Like an hour of gameplay. So at this point...whats the point?

Reactions: Jackmcbean

demonslender

Jul 26, 2020
i really hope that after all this time, this next update is massive and or the full game. over 2 years is a long time for an update and anything less than a major update that at least completes a large portion of the game would be vastly underwhelming. it's no wonder the patreon earnings dropped like flies after all this time. at least i remember the earnings used to be more than just about under a month's rent. if there was at least a test build every few months or so would have been nice. at this rate i wouldn't be surprised if all the remaining patreons just leave.

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
i really hope that after all this time, this next update is massive and or the full game. over 2 years is a long time for an update and anything less than a major update that at least completes a large portion of the game would be vastly underwhelming. it's no wonder the patreon earnings dropped like flies after all this time. at least i remember the earnings used to be more than just about under a month's rent. if there was at least a test build every few months or so would have been nice. at this rate i wouldn't be surprised if all the remaining patreons just leave.
My brother in Christ, we both know they stopped working on this years ago.

demonslender

Jul 26, 2020
My brother in Christ, we both know they stopped working on this years ago.
at the very least, it looks like newman still works on it to some extent. although it seems like he's a one man team at this point, i've no clue what akanoes even does anymore. sounds like the majority of what gets done is just writing and rewriting and monthly "goodie packs" so i wouldn't be shocked if this officially get's announced as abandoned before the end of 2024.

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Dicking about with AI art, going by his Patreon. In all seriousness though, I think he's the coder.
that makes no sense, the only thing that this seems to produce is occasional art packs. If he was the coder then art would be the bottleneck but it seems more like there is an artist that puts stuff out but no one who puts it in to the game.

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
that makes no sense, the only thing that this seems to produce is occasional art packs. If he was the coder then art would be the bottleneck but it seems more like there is an artist that puts stuff out but no one who puts it in to the game.
Newman is the artist. Arkanoes is the one I said I thought to be the coder, but his patreon page is showing that he's dabbling into AI generated art.

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
New progress update just dropped from Newman.

Here it is :)
It was painful to do, but you were right, it's a visual representation of progress we needed to have back.
- As you can see, Game Design is done, I redesigned how the Secret Base/Lab works a few times, and I'm now finally happy with it. It's not too complex, but it'll introduce some nice Alien upgrades with new combat mechanics during your attacks.

- Coding and Testing/Bugfixing are the last parts to get 100%'d so it makes sense they are at those points. Still, Aka did some nice devtool work and he's adding some sweet small details that don't add anything substantial, but are in the end what differentiates a polished game from an unpolished one.

- Writing is basically done. I had to write most of the stuff we'll be seeing in 0.07, 0.08 and change a few things that really have to do with the whole game, but 0.06's dialog is practically finished (a few lines may need adjusting but I'm happy with what I have so far, especially with the scene that's at the end of the build)

- Art. I have to do 2 new BGs but that's the easy bit. The stuff that will take longer is to add expressions and FX to half of the episode. So not much to draw and paint left, but still a bunch of stuff to do, and stuff I need t explain to Akanoes so he can implement it the way I want it to go. Back and forth.

- Music & SFX is almost done. Only needs to be put in the right place.

- Testing and bugfixing? Well, we've done A LOT, but you never know with this one. All we can do is try to do our best, cross fingers, and hope for the best. We'll let you guys know when we'll start giving patron's testing build links if you want to help us out when the time is right (after we've bugtested ourselves and most of the annoying stuff is solved.

And that's about it. Again, I'm sorry for being late with this, I've been running from one place to another this last couple of weeks. ADHD is under control though, so I'm really happy to inform I'm motivated as fuuuuuuuk XD

Talk soon guys and gals!
Newman.

sunny2377

Dec 20, 2021

It was painful to do, but you were right, it's a visual representation of progress we needed to have back.
- As you can see, Game Design is done, I redesigned how the Secret Base/Lab works a few times, and I'm now finally happy with it. It's not too complex, but it'll introduce some nice Alien upgrades with new combat mechanics during your attacks.

- Coding and Testing/Bugfixing are the last parts to get 100%'d so it makes sense they are at those points. Still, Aka did some nice devtool work and he's adding some sweet small details that don't add anything substantial, but are in the end what differentiates a polished game from an unpolished one.

- Writing is basically done. I had to write most of the stuff we'll be seeing in 0.07, 0.08 and change a few things that really have to do with the whole game, but 0.06's dialog is practically finished (a few lines may need adjusting but I'm happy with what I have so far, especially with the scene that's at the end of the build)

- Art. I have to do 2 new BGs but that's the easy bit. The stuff that will take longer is to add expressions and FX to half of the episode. So not much to draw and paint left, but still a bunch of stuff to do, and stuff I need t explain to Akanoes so he can implement it the way I want it to go. Back and forth.

- Testing and bugfixing? Well, we've done A LOT, but you never know with this one. All we can do is try to do our best, cross fingers, and hope for the best. We'll let you guys know when we'll start giving patron's testing build links if you want to help us out when the time is right (after we've bugtested ourselves and most of the annoying stuff is solved.

And that's about it. Again, I'm sorry for being late with this, I've been running from one place to another this last couple of weeks. ADHD is under control though, so I'm really happy to inform I'm motivated as fuuuuuuuk XD

Talk soon guys and gals!
Newman.
It's good news that if the game gets an update it will be worth the years spent waiting.

Knight

Jul 7, 2017

Talk soon guys and gals!
Newman.
Would be nice to get an update on this as there are very few Ben 10 games but I'm pressing X on this until I see hard proof.

demonslender

Jul 26, 2020

Talk soon guys and gals!
Newman.
ngl, this sounds like "we did a lot of going in circles and finally decided to move a single step forward". sounds like a 10 minute update will be coming sometime mid 2024 but thanks to the minor changes we will have to restart the game again.

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes