Murgus

May 17, 2018

So it's clear that the majority of the decisions that decide MCs affinity are not know by the LIs. Individual LIs would only know 2 or 3 at most of the decisions that decide whether they like MC or not. Meanwhile the everyday interactions that they have with MC which decide his status have no impact on whether they like him or not.
Thanks for a good read, I agree with what you wrote but my point was a bit different. What I meant was that when the MC makes these big decisions he is permanently molding his own personality. If I don't misremember (been some time since I played DIK) some of the dialogue will change if you have a DIK or CHICK affinity. Girls pick up the vibes of the MC if he has a certain affinity and they will feel differently towards him, that is my theory. Some girls like Sage and Bella won't care, but Maya and Jill get uncomfortable if he presents himself as DIK.

Other than that it is all about relationship points I suppose. Status doesn't mean more than intrusive thoughts and whether you act upon them or not.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I forgot I'm talking to Kpyna and you love long posts. Fuck me :HideThePain:
There is some truth here, SGs are divided into two types - those with full-fledged relationships, and others just for fucking. We see that those who focus on relationships will receive their own blocks of content every episode - Riona (Ep11 - ?), Quinn, Lily, Nicole, Zoey. They all received some kind of activity (not necessarily lewds) in both Eps 9 and 10. At the same time, Sarah/Mel and Camila continue to receive episodic content. They were practically absent in Ep.10
but we only know this distinction in the rear, and it doesn't take much to change the "status" of an SG

by chapter 8 it was predictable that Camilla would not, at least for now, have her own path? earlier she had been one of the most recurring SGs.

Nora was supposed to be the one-night stand now she is certainly a recurring character, as a professor, and probably the bearer of unwanted pregnancy.

Bianca did not even have a name before chapter 8.

all this preparatory work is not necessary to make a fuckable extra, a new romance target

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Thanks for a good read, I agree with what you wrote but my point was a bit different. What I meant was that when the MC makes these big decisions he is permanently molding his own personality. If I don't misremember (been some time since I played DIK) some of the dialogue will change if you have a DIK or CHICK affinity. Girls pick up the vibes of the MC if he has a certain affinity and they will feel differently towards him, that is my theory. Some girls like Sage and Bella won't care, but Maya and Jill get uncomfortable if he presents himself as DIK.

Other than that it is all about relationship points I suppose. Status doesn't mean more than intrusive thoughts and whether you act upon them or not.
But the personality that the LIs see is how he interacts with him, that's linked to his status not his affinity. That's what should decide whether girls like the MC or not, the most important thing should be relationship points but they have ZERO influence on whether an LI likes you, you can have minus RP and still be in a relationship with the LI, status should then be the next most important thing as that's how the girls see him everyday. Affinity is a pointless addition to the game as it makes no sense that you can randomly pick major decisions to make a massive DIK status MC a permanent CHICK, even if girls never have a talk with him where he behaves like a CHICK or vice-versa.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Murgus

May 17, 2018
But the personality that the LIs see is how he interacts with him, that's linked to his status not his affinity. That's what should decide whether girls like the MC or not, the most important thing should be relationship points but they have ZERO influence on whether an LI likes you, you can have minus RP and still be in a relationship with the LI, status should then be the next most important thing as that's how the girls see him everyday. Affinity is a pointless addition to the game as it makes no sense that you can randomly pick major decisions to make a massive DIK status MC a permanent CHICK, even if girls never have a talk with him where he behaves like a CHICK or vice-versa.
Wait does status affect the MC's auto dialogue and not the affinity? I thought it was the other way around. I also thought that RP decided whether you could start a relationship with a girl. If not then that is pretty bad. My impression was that you needed a certain amount of RP to make Bella like you at least.

Either way it's strange that RP seems to mean very little. For Jill the most important thing is to go on her date, take the picture and to fight for her. But I would hope that RP would be relevant in future episodes somehow. There are unfortunately many things that seem meaningless at the moment. Doing a good or bad job with the cleaning doesn't affect anything and I haven't seen any example of when DIK happiness matters. You plan all of these parties to make the DIKs happy but why? What do you get out of it? Having good grades etc. I hope it will all come together later on in the story.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Wait does status affect the MC's auto dialogue and not the affinity? I thought it was the other way around. I also thought that RP decided whether you could start a relationship with a girl. If not then that is pretty bad. My impression was that you needed a certain amount of RP to make Bella like you at least.

Either way it's strange that RP seems to mean very little. For Jill the most important thing is to go on her date, take the picture and to fight for her. But I would hope that RP would be relevant in future episodes somehow. There are unfortunately many things that seem meaningless at the moment. Doing a good or bad job with the cleaning doesn't affect anything and I haven't seen any example of when DIK happiness matters. You plan all of these parties to make the DIKs happy but why? What do you get out of it? Having good grades etc. I hope it will all come together later on in the story.
Yeah, status affects dialogue not affinity.

The only RP that has mattered so far is actually the RP with the DIKs but only on two specific occasions: if you play with minigames off then you need high RP with the DIKs for Rusty not to sell his car and if you let the Preps into the Halloween party then the rest of the DIKs will defend you to Tommy, low RP and they'll back Tommy.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
but we only know this distinction in the rear, and it doesn't take much to change the "status" of an SG

by chapter 8 it was predictable that Camilla would not, at least for now, have her own path? earlier she had been one of the most recurring SGs.

Nora was supposed to be the one-night stand now she is certainly a recurring character, as a professor, and probably the bearer of unwanted pregnancy.

Bianca did not even have a name before chapter 8.

all this preparatory work is not necessary to make a fuckable extra, a new romance target
I never saw a potential storyline with Camila because she has nothing, just a hot college chick who likes to have a good time. Unlike Quinn, Riona, Zoey, Lily and Nicole who have a developed personality and their own story.
Nora is definitely the odd one out at this restaurant because the role of milf teacher is already filled by several characters.
Bianca? Bianca is the ultimate holy grail. ;)

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Why wouldn't he finish the game? This is his life’s project, his alma mater, no matter how he feels about it. There are no prerequisites that indicate that he is losing interest, burnt out from the project and intends to abandon it. He continues to provide feedback and work steadily on the game, no matter what. He took time off a couple of times, but that was it.
There was already one guy, Arigon. He predicted that Ep.10 would be the last. It didn't come true.

I forgot I'm talking to Kpyna and you love long posts. Fuck me :HideThePain:
There is some truth here, SGs are divided into two types - those with full-fledged relationships, and others just for fucking. We see that those who focus on relationships will receive their own blocks of content every episode - Riona (Ep11 - ?), Quinn, Lily, Nicole, Zoey. They all received some kind of activity (not necessarily lewds) in both Eps 9 and 10. At the same time, Sarah/Mel and Camila continue to receive episodic content. They were practically absent in Ep.10

By the way, I remember that DPC said that the openings and endings of the episodes would be fully animated, which was not the case in Ep.10, apparently he refused this. It is possible that the criticism of long animations reached the DPC, and he heard it. He will never admit that it was a mistake, but he can quietly remove it or reduce it.

Something small can be added in a winter setting. The same snowball games. Honestly, I don't mind it. Snowballs are fun.

I'll be honest, let it be as you say. I myself want the episodes to come out as soon as possible. Nobody likes to wait, and I am no exception. Plus BaD spoils me a lot - I play no more than 10 high-quality AVNs, the game has raised the quality bar for me, so I can't kill time with other AVNs. We'll see how it goes. But in order not to get too upset in the future, I set a time limit for myself of one year. If the release is faster, that's good.
I meant in the sense of not letting it end. Maybe he will finally reach a point where he feels like he's made enough money to end the game. Or, he may decide that it's not in his interest to do so, four seasons become five, five seasons six and so on until enough people get tired of waiting and stop supporting. And if you look at his Patreon and Discord you'll see quite a few that would go on supporting. That's what I meant about mindset. DPC has no real reason to end the game until it's in his interest to do so.

Murgus

May 17, 2018

The only RP that has mattered so far is actually the RP with the DIKs but only on two specific occasions: if you play with minigames off then you need high RP with the DIKs for Rusty not to sell his car and if you let the Preps into the Halloween party then the rest of the DIKs will defend you to Tommy, low RP and they'll back Tommy.
I'm pretty sure Bella's RP matters at the start of the game, not fighting Troy, not wearing the helmet etc. As for DIK RP this is starting to sound off to me. So I let the preps in and everyone berated me for doing that. Based on your comment I must have low RP yet I fail to understand why I could have low RP, it should be high as far as I know. But even if it wasn't high the MC has fucking fixed their entire house and planned their parties while they do little to nothing. Along with Rusty the MC saved the entire fraternity from being banned, he and Derek completed everything on the hell week list and he has fought the jocks many times. DIK RP should be the least important RP in the game, the one thing that DPC could ignore in my opinion.

Regarding status and affinity I suppose I have kept both of them at similar levels which is why I thought affinity caused dialogue changes, it made more sense to me. Still if you imagine that the MC changes his body language and the tone of his voice based on affinity it could make more sense why girls react to it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I never saw a potential storyline with Camila because she has nothing, just a hot college chick who likes to have a good time. Unlike Quinn, Riona, Zoey, Lily and Nicole who have a developed personality and their own story.
Nora is definitely the odd one out at this restaurant because the role of milf teacher is already filled by several characters.
Bianca? Bianca is the ultimate holy grail. ;)
who you are or are not interested in is not important and is not in question :rolleyes: .

Camilla is one of the first to confess, indirectly through Mona, that she has an interest in MC, from that moment she is a constant presence.

if she had also had an "ending" in the after halloween party no one would have been surprised. and the expectations would not have been the same as Melanie and Sara or the girls in the dormitory

Murgus

May 17, 2018
I meant in the sense of not letting it end. Maybe he will finally reach a point where he feels like he's made enough money to end the game. Or, he may decide that it's not in his interest to do so, four seasons become five, five seasons six and so on until enough people get tired of waiting and stop supporting. And if you look at his Patreon and Discord you'll see quite a few that would go on supporting. That's what I meant about mindset. DPC has no real reason to end the game until it's in his interest to do so.
I don't think it is about the money anymore. I doubt it is a coincidence that Stephen Burke talks about feeling unfulfilled being rich and trying to find some purpose in episode 10

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I don't think it is about the money anymore. I doubt it is a coincidence that Stephen Burke talks about feeling unfulfilled being rich and trying to find some purpose in episode 10
Yes, but the money isn't his motivation. The money just enables him to spend his time doing what he wants to do, make games. I don't think he envisions it as an artistic project either. That's not his motivation either. He stated that it was his hobby to make games, and that he would continue to do so, no matter what.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
By the same logic, there was no point in finishing Acting Lessons and coming up with hundreds of reasons to continue it. And if he understands that he wants to earn money further, then he does not need to stretch Being a DIK to new seasons, but finish and start a new game. So far, as he says, he has no plans for a new game, he is completely absorbed in DIK, and is thinking about rest, that this will be his last game... But that’s for now. And then in the distant future in a few years... A new game, or a BaDIK remaster, BaDIK 2... There are many options. But there is no point in endlessly milking one game if you can finish it and start something new. Because patrons can really run out of steam, that's true.
who you are or are not interested in is not important and is not in question :rolleyes: .
But it is important!:mad::ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
sometimes affinity does it. in ep 9, Dik affinity MC tells Tommy Fuck you, while neutral tells him Please help me. same with the drinking competition Dik MC is the one who comes up with the idea of spilling the beer on tits , neutral MC not.
And Yes I have dik status even with neutral MC.I also remember a conversation with Becky where MC can mock her, about she is the girl who farted in class :LOL: , that also was with my Dik affinity MC, while my Neutral MC not said it to her.
in earlier episode namely for the first 3-4 status was usually there to gain or lose rp points. and also some scenes required specific status. like Spnaking Sally, or the Mona x Cammy sex
as the game progresses its lose its significance more and more.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I'm pretty sure Bella's RP matters at the start of the game, not fighting Troy, not wearing the helmet etc. As for DIK RP this is starting to sound off to me. So I let the preps in and everyone berated me for doing that. Based on your comment I must have low RP yet I fail to understand why I could have low RP, it should be high as far as I know. But even if it wasn't high the MC has fucking fixed their entire house and planned their parties while they do little to nothing. Along with Rusty the MC saved the entire fraternity from being banned, he and Derek completed everything on the hell week list and he has fought the jocks many times. DIK RP should be the least important RP in the game, the one thing that DPC could ignore in my opinion.

Regarding status and affinity I suppose I have kept both of them at similar levels which is why I thought affinity caused dialogue changes, it made more sense to me. Still if you imagine that the MC changes his body language and the tone of his voice based on affinity it could make more sense why girls react to it.
I think Bella has plot points to tick off in the same way as Jill does, rather than RP being the important decider on her route. Winning the mansion and party minigames have no affect on DIKs RP, that's in dialogue decisions like status is.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
By the same logic, there was no point in finishing Acting Lessons and coming up with hundreds of reasons to continue it. And if he understands that he wants to earn money further, then he does not need to stretch Being a DIK to new seasons, but finish and start a new game. So far, as he says, he has no plans for a new game, he is completely absorbed in DIK, and is thinking about rest, that this will be his last game... But that’s for now. And then in the distant future in a few years... A new game, or a BaDIK remaster, BaDIK 2... There are many options. But there is no point in endlessly milking one game if you can finish it and start something new. Because patrons can really run out of steam, that's true.

But it is important!:mad::ROFLMAO:
If I remember correctly he was still working a day job during the development of AL. His situation is completely different now. I'm also basing my argument off of his own statements, I don't recall him ever saying he had any great motivation for making the story of BaDIK. His only statement on intensions, as far as I know, is that he considers the making of BaDIK as an exercise of his hobby, not the execution of an artistic project nor is it a business venture. He's never stated that. His only statement, when confronted with discontent at the slowness of development, was that he was making BaDIK as a hobby.

Murgus

May 17, 2018
I think Bella has plot points to tick off in the same way as Jill does, rather than RP being the important decider on her route. Winning the mansion and party minigames have no affect on DIKs RP, that's in dialogue decisions like status is.
She does but there is a certain criteria you have to meet in order for her to approve you to Jill, and consequently open up for a relationship with her. Failing 2 or more classes gives you negative RP, wearing the dick hat gives you negative RP, so does fighting Troy and trash talking the cafeteria food (I think). Other actions gives you positive RP, like some dialogue choices during the date. You need at least positive RP to make her like you. I know because I screwed up royally during my first playthrough and I looked it up.

estoycansado

Apr 13, 2024
Someone who has already played and unlocked all the rewards, gallery and other things from season three. Could you make persistent available? (no use of mods, please) Thank you in advance.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
If I remember correctly he was still working a day job during the development of AL. His situation is completely different now. I'm also basing my argument off of his own statements, I don't recall him ever saying he had any great motivation for making the story of BaDIK. His only statement on intensions, as far as I know, is that he considers the making of BaDIK as an exercise of his hobby, not the execution of an artistic project nor is it a business venture. He's never stated that. His only statement, when confronted with discontent at the slowness of development, was that he was making BaDIK as a hobby.
We'll see this in a few years (if we live, of course, this is hell of a quest quest in our reality)

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022

Status gives sometimes extended/altered scenes. The last recent one was in Throuple branch in EP9. Josy will flash to MC with Neutral or DIK status, but will not do this for Chick status. So to get the scene you must have a Neutral affinity with Neutral or DIK Status or just a DIK affinity. The Chick MC can't get the scene anyway, since his status is always Chick.
But for the dialogues it's an affinity checks most of the times.

Regarding RP - J&M had a lot of checks for them in the first two seasons. During lewd scenes, during common scenes, etc.

Regarding Bella - she (any any other girls) likes MC by default. And her "Like/don't like" MC is just a starter attitude. You may make her not like the MC initially, this will bring some additional/alternate dialogues here and there, but that's all. The most outcome of this is in EP9, when flashback is shown how Bella tried to talk to Jill. A few dialogue lines will change, Jill will remind Bella that she was the one who said that she doesn't like MC. Etc.

It's hard to predict how the RPs will be used and when. Maybe at particular checkpoints it will play some role. Maybe high RPs will allow to dodge some of accumulated cheating points or safely pass through bad past decisions and choices. Maybe other MGs will start to get benefits from particular RPs amount as it was with J&M in the first two seasons. We will learn soon or later.

4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes