4.30 star(s) 42 Votes

123iGOpee

Apr 8, 2022
DING DING DING! MAIN UPDATE TIME! "What changed?" You may ask? I don't have a clue! They only Post their Change notes for the Main Branch on Steam! From what the Preview said, no actual new content. New ESC Menu, Something about button remapping and that you can now install mods from the game Directly (only BBooru, not Discord mods). Windows and Linux.
It doesnt look like much is different this version. Just the layout.

Aug 2, 2022
After trying around a bit more it turns out the problem was because I had multiple devices active. As long as the requests are 0.2 or more seconds apart it works kinda reliably. My current iteration has a reworked intensity curve and a small bump after each note. Also changed the keys on the notes to show arrows instead if you're using WASD.

I've attached the xdelta for game version 3.494 (should be the latest in this thread). I didn't do a proper ui for intiface settings because I was too lazy, it just automatically connects to intiface at launch. So in order for it to work you have to have intiface already running with the toy connected on localhost port 12345 (should be the standard setting). Oh, and lovense doesn't work anymore because I basically replaced the lovense calls with intiface calls.
great... update comes out right after I upload this. anyway, here's the updated xdelta

Aug 2, 2022
The High Tail Hall strategy. I can't believe support for intiface got canned.
The worst part is that it can't be because it's too complicated or would take too long. I literally just replaced the lovense calls with intiface calls. No code structure change whatsoever. Just imported a buttplug.io plugin and swapped the calls.

lndrlndr

Nov 30, 2021
wtf. Have you shared that anywhere? That's insane that they wouldn't support it.
even if you were to share it directly to kom, from what i saw he (or his internet janitors) dont take criticism well, no bugfixes. hell just rant on how hard being a game dev is and if he were to find out the bugfix came from here he'd just lock up entirely

Aug 2, 2022
so we just put the file where the exe is at?

Edit: Tried it that way and it did not work... :(
my bad, should have added instructions ^^'

xdelta files store differences between files, in that case the original beatbanger.pck and my modded one. is a program for applying changes stored in an xdelta file. Input the original file and my modded one, click apply and you should be ready to go. doesn't matter where the program or the files are as long as you select the correct files.

Mr.Z

Aug 8, 2018
Where can i download mods fore Beat Banger Legacy ? are they compatible with new one ?

rawr32

Apr 12, 2019
I have intiface connecting to it but I can't get my Kiiroo Keon to work. Does it not work with standard intiface toys?

Olegowsom

Sep 12, 2017
my bad, should have added instructions ^^'

xdelta files store differences between files, in that case the original beatbanger.pck and my modded one. is a program for applying changes stored in an xdelta file. Input the original file and my modded one, click apply and you should be ready to go. doesn't matter where the program or the files are as long as you select the correct files.
pretty good, but I was expecting vibration pulses after each note hit.

Apr 13, 2020
After trying around a bit more it turns out the problem was because I had multiple devices active. As long as the requests are 0.2 or more seconds apart it works kinda reliably. My current iteration has a reworked intensity curve and a small bump after each note. Also changed the keys on the notes to show arrows instead if you're using WASD.

I've attached the xdelta for game version 3.494 (should be the latest in this thread). I didn't do a proper ui for intiface settings because I was too lazy, it just automatically connects to intiface at launch. So in order for it to work you have to have intiface already running with the toy connected on localhost port 12345 (should be the standard setting). Oh, and lovense doesn't work anymore because I basically replaced the lovense calls with intiface calls.
Listen. I fucking love you.

Aug 2, 2022
pretty good, but I was expecting vibration pulses after each note hit.
Hmm... there should be bumps. I set them to one third of the remaining intensity... aka when it's 40% there should be a bump to 60% on note hit. It obviously gets less noticable the higher intensity it is. Also, when notes get into a range of 0.25 or less seconds I flat out disabled the bumps because there wouldn't be enough time between bump > regular > next bump + you're almost at max at that point anyway.

I could increase the factor to 1/2 of the remaining range, though.

Olegowsom

Sep 12, 2017
Hmm... there should be bumps. I set them to one third of the remaining intensity... aka when it's 40% there should be a bump to 60% on note hit. It obviously gets less noticable the higher intensity it is. Also, when notes get into a range of 0.25 or less seconds I flat out disabled the bumps because there wouldn't be enough time between bump > regular > next bump + you're almost at max at that point anyway.

I could increase the factor to 1/2 of the remaining range, though.
maybe it's just the gush then, because i get a constant vibration and the vibration becomes more intense when notes are more closer to each other. same as lovense but more responsive

Aug 2, 2022
maybe it's just the gush then, because i get a constant vibration and the vibration becomes more intense when notes are more closer to each other. same as lovense but more responsive
just tested it myself... yep, it's the gush. Putting the factor to 1/2 didn't even help so probably the gush can't handle fast updates.

Still uploading the 1/2 factor xdelta tho

Olegowsom

Sep 12, 2017
just tested it myself... yep, it's the gush. Putting the factor to 1/2 didn't even help so probably the gush can't handle fast updates.

Still uploading the 1/2 factor xdelta tho
which is odd because it works fine when playing the Legacy build with buttplug.io
I do get the vibration per note hit

4.30 star(s) 42 Votes