demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
So this game is good, bordering on great except for the fact that the unique bits of story for each romance storyline do not in any way justify needing to play through the game 2.5 times (you can cut out the first half of a third playthrough by starting as male and being transformed to full female by Lilith in the third area and making a save at the choice to remain fully female or go futa for those two romance paths, your first statue encounter is too early in a playthrough to consider loading there to be any real timesave) and I wish there was a way to just skip battles and the really god damn annoying slow fade in shit on subsequent playthroughs (even with cheating my stats to 8000 each and one shotting everything the sheer amount of extra screens is boring as hell). The writing was enjoyable and for the first hour or 2 the combat was too, then i was just bored and hated it, as a rogue everything felt either completely trivial (if it's attacks could miss) or an insane slog (as more and more enemies just start using attacks that are 100% hit all the time and half my kit becomes pointless), but none of it was hard.

I will say that if I was still supporting the dev, this would have been another breakpoint for me. I stopped a while back because not only were the releases taking longer to come out, but there was some stuff I really disliked in the direction TGS was going. Had that second point been addressed or even acknowledged I'd probably still have been a supporter, but finding out this game has been being worked on (even if the dev claims that it was "only" when they were having motivation issues, I can't say I really believe it, the releases slowed down too much imo and this game is too big to be a true "once in a blue moon" side project to only come out in a year when their main game has been so slow with updates, this has to have been almost equal time) would have led to me cancelling immediately on release.
You should do what you are pleased to do. theres no right or wrong way to support a dev.

if you feel like you want to pause your subscription for any reason, just pause it. You can always resume when you feel the dev is going the direction you enjoy. You can also leave ur feedback on discord. Speak out and let them know when you notice the updates are slower, give them a chance to explain. They wouldnt know if their supporter hate them for working on two games at a time if you don't tell them. Most devs these days have a discord server and you should definitely join in.

I'm only saying because I think the whole situation of you regreting not pausing ur support earlier could be avoided.

Back to Battle Quest itself, I think the hit/miss system lacks graze hit (half dmg) and makes the players feel the hit rate is extremely unreliable. It feels bad to do zero damage just beause u rolled one or two points less than you needed. I tried different classes in different playthrough but it does get boring fast. It's not unbearable but it could be better.

But as a one time full lease game, the content and quality is way better than alot of games on this site already. I hope their experience gained from making this game can somehow help the development of their "main" game (TGS).

Serameth

Jun 18, 2017
Love the game, though I do think the monsters (mainly the boss battles) should be slightly nerfed in terms of how often they should be allowed to pump up their armor...

poclee

Apr 28, 2017
There seems to be a problem in Nya's path---- I'm quite sure I did everything right, but till the end of Chapter 3 she hadn't visit my hut. :cry:

edit: Okay, turns out I missed one condition,

Last edited:

twomd

Apr 28, 2018
any idea how to start a new game+ ?
it mentions after every chapter that you unlocked a new game+ feature, but i cant seem to find where to activate it... ( finished a male play trough and now want to try a female one )

great game by the way :)

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
Got to the troll. Quit soon after.

basically? His armor ability stacks endlessly, and he has no resources to run out of to make him stop. Got to the point where neither of us could hurt the other.

rance4747

May 25, 2018
Got to the troll. Quit soon after.

basically? His armor ability stacks endlessly, and he has no resources to run out of to make him stop. Got to the point where neither of us could hurt the other.
Just invest in stun and armor destroing abilities. Aside from that little buff he is as easy as they get as long as you have above 20 agility
Also there are equally as broken pieces for the player, like all paladin armor giving you a HP regen, assasins hood giving you +1 agility for each turn, or a sword that you can find that adds +1 strength for every hit you have landed.

Whats makes me way more sad than mobs is the fact that the only option to get an elf pussy is to actively simp for her. Its not like you are influenced by Lilith, and basically coundnt decide for half a game if you want to kill her or fuck her. After the goblin scene they could have at least given us a traditional hentai option on how to deal with snobby princesses.

-_-_-_-_-_-

Mar 26, 2021
It would be cool if there was an easter egg title called The Collector where you have all the armor, weapons, 100x potions and 10000 gold. Kind of a cheat title but still it would make replaying the game a lot more fun.

4.20 star(s) 95 Votes