VN Ren'Py [Batman] The Long Valentine's - Development Thread

Ozrotica

Jan 27, 2024
main_menu.png

Hey All,

I'm excited to announce my first adult ren'py, The Long Valentine's.

Overview

The Long Valentine's is a a Batman sex parody game/interactive novel/comic made using Ren'py.
It takes place in my own personal intepretation of Gotham and it's character's with new additions to the Dark Knight's Rogues Gallery.

This is my first time using ren'py but I have experience using Unity, Unreal Engine etc.

Story Blurb

Two years into Batman's battle against the criminals of Gotham a new drug begins to run rampant in the poorer districts of the city causing an increase of crime.
With the first known fatality of the drug named "Love Dust", Commissioner Gordon asks Batman to solve a murder and find the source of the drugs...

1713855885824.png

Gameplay

Batman is best when he is acting as "The World's Best Detective"!

The Long Valentine's is a detective interactive comic in which players find clues of each mystery, follow leads and engage in a series of sexual activities.

Sexual encounters are split into 3 different types:
  • Detective Mode Re-enactments (Batman solves a crime using clues and evidence then replays the sex scene in his head, may not include faces etc),
  • Recounts (Batman is told about a sexual account from a first hand participant and pictures it in his mind during the recount),
  • Sexual Encounter (Batman participates and players have control/choices to make in most of these encounters).
Release 0.01

Estimate 0.01 Release Date: Approx. 30th July 2024 (Looking to have it released for Australian EOFY)

Release 0.01 Encounter Counter:
  • Re-enactments: 2
  • Recounts: 0
  • Encounters: 0
Release 0.01 Progress:

Currently the release that i've planned is playable with all the coding working although i do want to redo some of the choices so that they are made on a map of gotham i've been working on and not via list. I'm currently working on the backgrounds with the two of the hardest ones complete.

Background Art:
2 / 23
Character Sprites:
1 / 15
Scripting:
70% Complete (Actually already started on some 0.02 scenes including 1 recount)

bg_gothamclocktower_batsignal_on_a01.png
Cost & Support

This game will release free on Patreon/here.

For those willing to support me in this effort I will have a paid itch.io release and a Patreon and SubscribeStar for those who feel like helping devlopment.

Patreon:

SubscriberStar:
Currently Inactive, Need to show a following before they will activate it.

Last edited: