RPGM Onhold Barkeeper [v0.11c] [Eventidegames]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

ehowin

May 25, 2021
I have restated thr game 4 times now and can not get the bait from the alchemy shop at any point. Always says that he is not open yet. Game looks like fun but so far completely broken for me. Eventidegames it seems at least others have the same issue.

Reactions: Aianis

Gwizard101

Jul 17, 2020
I am in the same boat. I gave it a couple hours last night with the same results of the bait not showing up at the alchemist's shop and speaking with the Mayor would just start the quest again. I look forward to trying the game again after I see a solution to this bug!

Reactions: Aianis

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
I have restated thr game 4 times now and can not get the bait from the alchemy shop at any point. Always says that he is not open yet. Game looks like fun but so far completely broken for me. Eventidegames it seems at least others have the same issue.
I'll check it out, didn't do anything with that quest this update so no clue how it broke.

Reactions: ehowin and Aianis

Aianis

Jun 8, 2019
I'll check it out, didn't do anything with that quest this update so no clue how it broke.
At my wits' end at this point. Either I'm completely stupid or the alchemy bait quest is still broken. Just that now instead of the alchemist being in a loop of telling me she is not open for business, I can't enter the shop at all and it says "will be back later".
Downloaded 0.11b from all available mirrors and tried but still got stuck. What I'm doing is: Start the game>go to dahlia>enter the bar>talk to dahlia>go and talk to mayor>go and talk to the ghost>alchemy shop closed. I even tried waiting a full week in game but still go no results.

Edit: Online version on Newgrounds seems fine. So my guess is that the issue is on my side, no clue what it could be though.

Last edited:

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
At my wits' end at this point. Either I'm completely stupid or the alchemy bait quest is still broken. Just that now instead of the alchemist being in a loop of telling me she is not open for business, I can't enter the shop at all and it says "will be back later".
Downloaded 0.11b from all available mirrors and tried but still got stuck. What I'm doing is: Start the game>go to dahlia>enter the bar>talk to dahlia>go and talk to mayor>go and talk to the ghost>alchemy shop closed. I even tried waiting a full week in game but still go no results.

Edit: Online version on Newgrounds seems fine. So my guess is that the issue is on my side, no clue what it could be though.
Nah you most likely still have version b, uploaded C to newgrounds and made a post for here but don't think it has been updated yet. Sorry that I broke the quest, again.

Aianis

Jun 8, 2019
Nah you most likely still have version b, uploaded C to newgrounds and made a post for here but don't think it has been updated yet. Sorry that I broke the quest, again.
Ah I see. Thanks a lot really wanna play the game so I felt sad as hell :O
Thanks for the fast reply. :D

KuraScropia

Jun 26, 2018
So, bug report. After the first Saturday, beer festival, I didn't set the next event so when the next Saturday happened it ended up being the sports festival.

I doubt it should happen since I didn't have the sports uniform. What's worse is that it's an infinite loop, so each day goes by and the sports event keeps going. I didn't activate it - it automatically happened after I went to bed the day before.

I like the looks of the game. I hope you keep at it.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
So, bug report. After the first Saturday, beer festival, I didn't set the next event so when the next Saturday happened it ended up being the sports festival.

I doubt it should happen since I didn't have the sports uniform. What's worse is that it's an infinite loop, so each day goes by and the sports event keeps going. I didn't activate it - it automatically happened after I went to bed the day before.

I like the looks of the game. I hope you keep at it.
Odd, though the events don't need the costume, figure Steph would just "rent" the costume for an event if she didn't have it. I'll see if I can fix this.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
can't access to goddesses grove for the Shrine Maiden Gala
Alright, figured it out, I messed up a check. Unfortunately it will be a bit before I release another update so I would suggest a save editor to give yourself the permit, the grove doesn't have anything other than text right now. You might be able to still do the quest if you get to chapter 3 with a cheated in permit, no harm in having two.

KuraScropia

Jun 26, 2018
Odd, though the events don't need the costume, figure Steph would just "rent" the costume for an event if she didn't have it. I'll see if I can fix this.
Well I like the game and I might have found out that setting the event on the outside board - only - causes it to glitch out? Have to also set the Saturday event in the bar menu. I didn't see what would happen if I set the event in the bar menu and not the outside board.

Keep up your spirits and the good work.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Well I like the game and I might have found out that setting the event on the outside board - only - causes it to glitch out? Have to also set the Saturday event in the bar menu. I didn't see what would happen if I set the event in the bar menu and not the outside board.

Keep up your spirits and the good work.
Yeah, think I need to just consolidate both into a single common event to stop potential bugs with that.

KuraScropia

Jun 26, 2018
Sorry, another bug report.

'Special' grope during work with bikini on doesn't resolve correctly. No groping and no money gain. Unfinished?

Edit: Beach Party Weekend Event: crash on suntan option.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
the game became even more unplayable and broken than before
I've been spending a lot of this update rewriting a lot of the code and playtesting, if there is any specific section that you're having problems with I'd love to know. The Beach party mini-game I think is fixed in the coming update if that is one of the problem areas.

BlackShirt

Mar 30, 2018
In this game, it's unclear what to do next to progress the story.
I worked, get molested, rested, and don't know what to do next.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
In this game, it's unclear what to do next to progress the story.
I worked, get molested, rested, and don't know what to do next.
The bath is meant to point you towards the next story progression, though you really just need to pay off your debt to advance, Other than that you just explore and find scenes.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes