Mod Ren'Py BadHero Multi-Mod [Ep2 v2.0.4p & Ep2 v2.9.4p & Specials][RiamMar / Charona]

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
trying to set up episode one. i've dl'd and installed the game and the main mod folder. am i supposed to use the 00 - images folder for anything in episode one, and if so where does it go?

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
trying to set up episode one. i've dl'd and installed the game and the main mod folder. am i supposed to use the 00 - images folder for anything in episode one, and if so where does it go?
There should be a folder "01 - Episode 1" with the mod archive for Episode 1 in it.

Or you click here:

Delete the mod folder you have set up already, and replace it with that one from "01 - Episode 1"

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
There should be a folder "01 - Episode 1" with the mod archive for Episode 1 in it.

Or you click here:

Delete the mod folder you have set up already, and replace it with that one from "01 - Episode 1"
sweet thanks. quick follow up then, on the main page for your mod the links to the download sites there is a download labeled 00 - images. when do i use that? there are downloads for the episode one mod that i have, a download for the christmas special, which i haven't touched, a download for the episode 2 which obviously goes in with episode 2 when i get there, and then there is the 00 - images folder which i have downloaded but haven't put anywhere yet. do i ever need that?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
sweet thanks. quick follow up then, on the main page for your mod the links to the download sites there is a download labeled 00 - images. when do i use that? there are downloads for the episode one mod that i have, a download for the christmas special, which i haven't touched, a download for the episode 2 which obviously goes in with episode 2 when i get there, and then there is the 00 - images folder which i have downloaded but haven't put anywhere yet. do i ever need that?
Those are the preview images that are below the download links here in this thread (and some other stuff).
You don't really need to use that folder except to feast on the (irony warning) maginificent UI design. :D

Reactions: FatYoda
Aug 5, 2017
The error you get if config.developer is on is "Exception: Properties are not allowed here." Might be worth including that bit in the OP so search finds it? Not everyone uses unren to enable the console.

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
The error you get if config.developer is on is "Exception: Properties are not allowed here." Might be worth including that bit in the OP so search finds it? Not everyone uses unren to enable the console.
That's the unren part right?

Aug 5, 2017
anything that enables developer mode triggers the error, yes. I've got a custom debug mod that does that and a few other things, force-enabling rollback and some other useful tweaks. Changing it to enable console instead of developer was all it took to fix it.

I figured out the problem from the instructions but the error text wasn't in the thread on a search.

E: Thanks for the mod BTW.

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
anything that enables developer mode triggers the error, yes. I've got a custom debug mod that does that and a few other things, force-enabling rollback and some other useful tweaks. Changing it to enable console instead of developer was all it took to fix it.

I figured out the problem from the instructions but the error text wasn't in the thread on a search.

E: Thanks for the mod BTW.
Okay, thanks. I added somthing about it in the OP. Will see that I refine the description a bit later.

About the other thing: You're welcome :D

Reactions: HelpfulSunglasses

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
There are only a few choices to skip scenes, so you should be good to go with the v2.6.4p version of the mod, while I'm updating.
Those choices are
  • "Relationship with X ON/OFF", which is just a trigger to show/remove (~50-60% of this update)
  • "Hardcode ON/OFF", which are two triggers to extend the scene (~10-15% of this update per trigger)
Pick top choice, since my mod removes the ON/OFF part.
No variable changes or checks in this version.

Checking for changes in previous version.

Edit: Updated, forgot to edit this post :D

Last edited:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Is it installed in ipatch or do we need to download it separately?
The patch is included in mod and can toggled the patch on/off.
Click on "Mod Menu" in the lower left and go to the "Characters" Tab. It's the "Family Mode".

You might need to start/ load a game first for this screen to have content.

If you have the ipatch from the games thread installed, you still need to download this mod for the WT/Cheats.

Charona

Jan 14, 2020
Game has been updated. You are doing a good job,
Download this files and save each file in the corresponding directories of the mod

"part28.rpy" > "\game\mods\RiamMar\walkthrough\choices"

"RiamMar.rpy" > "\game\mods\RiamMar\core\RiamMar.rpy"

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsusaku

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Reactions: Charona

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Used the files by Charona to update the mod. Files are updated on hosts/mirrors.
Added Charona to credits. Give them a like on their post and where ever you see them. :)

Charona : I'll have to make a trip to the city and buy some stuff for office renovation. Will drop you a DM with a question/proposal later, if that's okay?

Reactions: Charona

Charona

Jan 14, 2020
Used the files by Charona to update the mod. Files are updated on hosts/mirrors.
Added Charona to credits. Give them a like on their post and where ever you see them. :)

Charona : I'll have to make a trip to the city and buy some stuff for office renovation. Will drop you a DM with a question/proposal later, if that's okay?
I only made a small update but using only the code that you made. Thanks too mate, have a good day!