Daz Bad Parenting? Need a Fix!

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Hey Guys...

Here is my situation.

Lets just say, for sake of argument, I am working on a hobbit character...

Everybody knows a hobbit has hairy feet. Not many resources for hairy feet... no Problem... I got Lotsa Pubic Hair Assets.

So... Add GF8,
Add the Pubic Hair...
Got to Parameters tab... click "translations".... move pubic hair to exactly... where I want it...

Ha! That looks like a Hobbit Chick Foot! Great.... now I just change parent to foot and .... whoops...
When I change the parent, the Hair now moves to the item I parented it to... rats...
rinse/repeat, but this time I click "Parent in Place" and it stays where I put it.......

UNTIL.....
I change the GF8's pose, then the P hair looks like it stayed where it was put and didn't move with the characters foot.

What do I have to do to make the item stay where I want it to and move in accordance with the movement?

Cheers!

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
you will have to find out what program that the Pubic Hair is made from and bring it back to that program and make those changes it be best way

it properly blend or Hexagon 2

use a basic GF8 dev model and Pubic Hair in daz then export it to one those programs

kkoolldd

Jan 30, 2018
Hmm :unsure:
Have you tried parenting to feet before any translation?
To me it seems like now you are doing
1. Spawn
2. Translate
3. Parent

Try:

1. Spawn
2. Parent to feet
3. Translate

kkoolldd

Jan 30, 2018
Have you also played around with "Fit mode"?. Maybe try "Redirect Transform" instead of "Auto Follow Transforms".
Screenshot_1.png

Im_Not_A_Robot

Dec 24, 2018
Did you tried the Strand-Based hair?
You can apply hairs on any models with a brush and have a couple settings for the length, density, colors, etc.
The only thing, it can be harsh on your GPU during the rendering.
You should be able to find the tool in:
Create/New Strand-Based Hair.../ ...

Here a good tutorial about it:

Good luck! ;)

Reactions: p_staker