Fappingfox

Sep 30, 2018
Hey, I just downloaded the game, checked the filename and Signature, before opening the file, startet the game and my antivirus still fcks it, lol.

Is norton really that picky? xd

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Downloaded the same file again and norton stayed calm.
I don't understand norton. <.<
Bro, you're probably the first person in over 10 years that I know actually uses Norton.... Didn't they get into crypto by installing miner software on your PC a while back?

Edit: lmaooo

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
For an explanation of how I see dropping energy and using time instead:
....Hunger states click to TRUE at 8:00 am, 12:00 noon, and 6:00 pm.

Snacks are opportunities for minor stat boosts that can be used just once after each meal.
Can I ask if I understand your plan right & that IF (when time has been added after doing something) the time has reached/passed 8am/12pm/6pm then the hunger flag is set to TRUE....

IMHO may I suggest - if you've not already thought of it - that if an event occurs that involves a snack then 'Hunger' should be reset to 'False' until the next time slot occurrence.

Lets take a possible scenerio.

Let's say you go to the Mall in the Morning (7am);assuming you live next door to the mall & don't take time travelling there by bus LOL.
You popped into a clothes shop to try on clothes (taking +15m.. Note I assume that if you do anything 'special in changing rooms' then time added would be longer) then you played in the Arcade (+30m).
- 'Hunger' would still be FALSE since by this time it's 7:45am

But you then decide to take her to watch a Movie

- Watching a movie could take 2hr so time would've now reached 9:45am when you leave - meaning 'Hunger' now becomes TRUE since it's now past 8am

HOWEVER (in the text) you had 'stop at the concession stand... make your way with snacks in hand' so technically you won't be THAT hungry when you leave the movies because of the snacks...
..... So would 'Hunger' = TRUE (since after 8am) or FALSE (since you had snacks) ?

Let's say instead of going to Movies, you go to Electronics shop instead (+15m) then Time would be 8am meaning Hunger = True - will the ' she says she's hungry and so are you, so let's eat.' be an automatic event that also takes coins from you since you had to buy a snack for her ??

FYI, Looking through code I see a few 'snack' possibilities that you'll probably need to look at if Hunger is set to False after having a snack
* Mall - Ice Cream
* Kitchen - Special Ice Cream
* Ice Cream Truck
* Fountain - Street Vendor:
Note in code there's a comment that states Cream hunger is based on how substantial the snack was
* When Tails comes over for a visit
* At the Movies
* At the Carnival

Reactions: Gordzilla

fangwolf99

Jul 28, 2020
Well .. I was in fact trying my hand at modding this thing, I even fixed the Time system and added/finished a few scenes. I think I am getting the hang of it.

But .. something of a curse falls on anyone that tries to develop this thing. So, I dunno .. maybe I'll post it when I've fixed a few more things. The time system is fixed, but it hasn't been fully implemented across all the scenes yet. I've just been testing it.

The function day.tick() now moves time forward by a default amount of time in minutes, and I can select a specific amount of minutes for each scene as well. This will take me some time to finish. I'll also be looking at the energy system and hunger system, getting cream into bed after 23 hour hits, and the mall stall will be no longer a thing.
that would be awesome if you took over bsc

Gordzilla

Formerly 'chrasmardan'
Feb 28, 2024
Can I ask if I understand your plan right & that IF (when time has been added after doing something) the time has reached/passed 8am/12pm/6pm then the hunger flag is set to TRUE....

IMHO may I suggest - if you've not already thought of it - that if an event occurs that involves a snack then 'Hunger' should be reset to 'False' until the next time slot occurrence.

Lets take a possible scenerio.

Let's say you go to the Mall in the Morning (7am);assuming you live next door to the mall & don't take time travelling there by bus LOL.
You popped into a clothes shop to try on clothes (taking +15m.. Note I assume that if you do anything 'special in changing rooms' then time added would be longer) then you played in the Arcade (+30m).
- 'Hunger' would still be FALSE since by this time it's 7:45am

But you then decide to take her to watch a Movie

- Watching a movie could take 2hr so time would've now reached 9:45am when you leave - meaning 'Hunger' now becomes TRUE since it's now past 8am

HOWEVER (in the text) you had 'stop at the concession stand... make your way with snacks in hand' so technically you won't be THAT hungry when you leave the movies because of the snacks...
..... So would 'Hunger' = TRUE (since after 8am) or FALSE (since you had snacks) ?
This is a great observation, I had wondered about how to handle a situation like this.

I'm leaning towards having the snacks be an extra thing that doesn't affect hunger. I was thinking having a snack condition that is set to TRUE after eating one of the three meals (and at start of day), and once you choose an action that involves having a snack, then it is set to false, and you can not have another snack until the condition changes again.

This way, only 3 optional snacks a day and 3 meals a day.

I'll have to rewrite some scenes when they eat food without player choosing, like at the movies for example, since if you've already had a snack lately and want to have popcorn at the movies, you won't be able to. Hmmm not sure about this.

Other option is to do like you suggested and just turn the hunger flag off if you have had a snack instead of a meal.

I thought about pushing back meal time an hour if you had a snack beforehand. That might work too.

Thoughts?!

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
This is a great observation, I had wondered about how to handle a situation like this.
:
I thought about pushing back meal time an hour if you had a snack beforehand. That might work too.

Thoughts?!
I actually like your idea of by having a snack alters the time triggers e.g you have a snack & the trigger time is extended by ~1hr so instead of being 8am,12pm,6pm the times now altered to 9am,1pm,7pm but since I'm no expert on game programming (FYI I did dabble YEARS ago with a 'serious' programming language called 'Delphi' - a pascal based system - so I'm familiar with some of the aspects of programming) I would've thought this may be difficult to implement & may cause even more bugs/glitches to occur

IMHO IF I was programming something like this (from scratch mind you) - I would've started with a very simplified hunger system that 'Hunger=true' if a certain amount of time has passed (in your case you're planning on specific times) & adding something like 'Hunger = false' in any portion of code that mentions/deals with snacks/food etc, then adding the 'If hunger=true do... else..' conditions to the parts I think are necessary.

Gordzilla

Formerly 'chrasmardan'
Feb 28, 2024
I'm not really a programmer either, I'm just good at learning things :) I have a little experience learning C and C++ back in the day, so I'm familiar with the concepts.

I'm not sure exactly how to tie the hunger system to Time system, as I think about it now, but I may figure it out.

Alternatively, I could just improve the current system that is not tied to time of day, and instead tied to actions taken. This would be easier for now, and if I tweak it enough, it might even be a better system in the end. After all, being hungry at set times of day independent of what else we have going on is not very realistic either.

Reactions: FoxyTails

Gordzilla

Formerly 'chrasmardan'
Feb 28, 2024
A week might be a bit ambitious
Yea, it depends on how much of an update you're expecting I suppose.

I can offer what changes I think are significant enough to call an update to the game. The time system fully implemented, a hunger system fully implemented. And a little bit of new content.

Reactions: thelastkingdom36

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
Suppose it does get off the road. Will we need a new thread?
Probably, but if Novilon still around (IIRC he hasn't posted anything about NOT continuing with this just that RL is a bit hectic) maybe he & Gordzilla can collaborate with each other. I know Novilon did have a couple of 'artists' who were trying to help

I don't know if threads can have ownership 'transferred' - I think the OP needs to give permission for the transfer to another person

Gordzilla

Formerly 'chrasmardan'
Feb 28, 2024
So, dev on the game has been going pretty well. The more time I spend on it, the more things I realize I want to change. This will be a spiritual successor to BSC ... not just an update.

The biggest change that I've wanted to make is to reframe the story as Cream grown up - it's her last summer before college, and Sonic is house sitting for Vanilla. Vanilla wants Sonic to teach Cream a few things before she goes to college, but doesn't tell him that exactly. A very similar premise to the original, with the obvious change of age.

Maybe this is not what some of you were hoping for, but maybe Novillion will come back to finish his version, or someone else will.

I will create a new thread and let you all know when it is up. I don't think that will be this weekend, but maybe the end of next weekend.

I've got new art coming, new scenes, some modified old scenes, and some untouched old scenes. A lot of what is written already will stay untouched. Minor changes and additions, and finishing those unfinished scenes. The Knuckles scene is almost finished, and there's plans for Marine and Tails to come hang out at the house as well.

If any have suggestions for this new direction, I'd be glad to take them into consideration!

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2022
So, dev on the game have been going pretty well. The more time I spend on it, the more things I realize I want to change. This will be a spiritual successor to BSC ... not just an update.

The biggest change I've wanted to make is to reframe the story as Cream grown up - it's her last summer before college, and Sonic is house sitting for Vanilla. Vanilla wants Sonic to teach Cream a few things before she goes to college, but doesn't tell him that exactly. A very similar premise to the original, with the obvious change of age.

Maybe this is not what some of you were hoping for, but maybe Novillion will come back to finish his version, or someone else will.

I will create a new thread and let you all know when it is up. I don't think that will be this weekend, but maybe the end of next weekend.

I've got new art coming, new scenes, some modified old scenes, and some untouched old scenes. A lot of what is written already will stay untouched. Minor changes and additions, and finishing those unfinished scenes. The Knuckles scene is almost finished, and there's plans for Marine and Tails to come hang out at the house as well.

If any have suggestions for this new direction, I'd be glad to take them into consideration!
Now this is a premise we can all get behind! Well done Gordzilla! senator-palpatine-anakin-skywalker.gif

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
so what you're saying is this game has been in development for so long Cream's about to go to college.
Hmm should we still be calling it 'BABYSITTING Cream' or should it now be something like 'Housesitting Cream' (HSC)....

Nah I think it should be 'Babysitting Cream - The later years' LOL

Think that quite a few scenes would require major rethink/rewrite though.. don't know about anyone else but think a pre college student would be a bit heavy to ride on Sonics shoulders at the park, or get exited watching a fountain at the Mall

Derover

Modder
Nov 11, 2016
Why hasn't nobody who worked on this or partially did some modifications on this, put it in a git repo. This way others could easily contribute and all work together instead of splitting it in so many solo dev attempts.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Because most devs capable of making a good game go and make a good game instead of trying to finish something old.

It takes a very specific kind of person to be willing to work on something like this, be capable of finishing it off, and willing to do it without the option to monetize it at all. And then they have to not get bored of it. High risk low reward.

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes