xDIONYSUSx

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
GoFile links vanish if no one opens them for a period of time (10 days, IIRC). Always have alternatives ready or be prepared to reupload/relink for GoFile.
That's why!
Thank you so much for the info i guess i should use another host that doesn't delete the files next time.
If the other don't work please let me know so i can fix that as soon as possible ❤❤

2MoshPit

Sep 22, 2021
Sooo....why does this game have a "Harem"-tag? Is it to be in the future update(s), where it take place? Maybe 2.0? An Adult-Game (18+)? Seriously:
I've seen much more in Real-TV nowadays.
Just asking.....

best regards

xDIONYSUSx

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
Sooo....why does this game have a "Harem"-tag? Is it to be in the future update(s), where it take place? Maybe 2.0? An Adult-Game (18+)? Seriously:
I've seen much more in Real-TV nowadays.
Just asking.....

best regards
Lol Don't worry we are just starting and there is much more to add to the story so give it some time everything will be explained along the way❤

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
I'm curious, why split the game into 2? It's still a fairly small file size, there should be absolutely no problems having them as 1 download.

And the pink haired boy/girl annoys the ever living fuck out of me... I hope she improves, drastically.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xDIONYSUSx

xDIONYSUSx

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
I'm curious, why split the game into 2? It's still a fairly small file size, there should be absolutely no problems having them as 1 download.

And the pink haired boy/girl annoys the ever living fuck out of me... I hope she improves, drastically.
I Can do thar but I don't know if it will mess up the old saves and there is a huge difference between the 2 of them in the quality that's why i decided to up the quality lil bit in the EP2 but i can totally try to merge the 2 i just hope it won't mess up everything for everyone
❤Thank you so much for trying it btw❤

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021

View attachment 2690966

Overview:
After some circumstances that made you leave your town now you are back to it once again trying to start your life there as a fresh start away from your past while making new friends and meeting old ones in your new school and life. will you be able to achieve the peace that you always wanted.....that remains to be seen after all life is full of surprises bad and good you can't avoid either of them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2023-06-11
Release Date: 2023-06-04
Developer: Dionysus - - -
Censored: No
Language: English
Version: 0.5 Episode 2
Genre:
So I keep trying to read this VN but somebody keeps shaking the screen. A lot. Over and over again. Way too much. Too many screen shakes programmed into this thing. It's making my eyes hurt. Please stop. Please.

please.gif

• Haha
Reactions: xDIONYSUSx

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I keep being torn on this game. I like the story, the girls are all cute, and I started out liking the characters (except Atsuko, who I still like), but every last one of them acts overwhelmingly childish, and it's made it a lot harder to like them. Like, every character other than Atsuko is incredibly immature, doing stupid things because they're impulsive, or spiteful, or just because, for a joke. Atsuko is kinda childish, too, but for her it reads more like innocence.

It was a frustration in the previous version, but this latest version just amped it up to 11, which grates since the game otherwise has a lot of potential. The kinetic text effects are fun, albeit a little overused. The overarching plot seems like it might be decent, but we keep getting lost in the annoying weeds of it.

I don't even agree with some of the reviews/comments that the MC or the game are edgy. They're not. They're faux-edgy. They almost feel chuuni: attempting to be edgy and resulting in ridiculous absurdity. Eight-grader syndrome at its finest (and note how many times 'middle-schooler' comes up below, which reinforces the chuuni feel).

Overall spoiler-free summary of the above:
  • The MC isn't likable despite being a little more interesting than the average HS MC.
  • Aiko isn't likable despite being very cute.
  • Yukine isn't likable despite being cute. She starts to redeem herself at the very end of the current build, so she is perhaps salvageable.
With three out of four of the main characters (by screen time so far) being actively frustrating to read, and none of the so-far side characters (by screen time) being any better than those three (except arguably Kasumi), I don't know how much farther I can go with this one.

A couple technical notes not related to my concerns above:
  • Since there aren't really any choices, the single-option choices are very frustrating, as are the cases that LOOK like two choices, but choosing the 'wrong' one just results in the MC berating the player for choosing wrong, and doing what the 'correct' choice would have done anyway. Since you even say at the end: "Now some of you may be worried about your saves, but don't worry! simply take in each episode on its own and enjoy it because saves from episode one won't have any impact on the second episode", just mark what's here so far as a Kinetic Novel, and remove all the choices.
  • The default MC name is 'Yoshi'. Later on, when he admits who he is to Yukine, he says his real name is 'Yoshi'. That means someone who uses the default name will get the dialogue:
    - yuki "So you are Yoshi..."
    - mc "Yes but I don't go by that name anymore so call me Yoshi"
    Which is, well... a little silly. It would have been nice to have been able to choose the MC's 'old' name as well as his new alias.
tl;dr: Plot has decent potential. Characters look cute. Writing is frustrating. Characters act immature. Conflicts feel contrived. I guess we'll see where Ep.2 takes us, and hope some of the immature feel goes away as the game develops further.
So I did try again. The first update of E2 wasn't terrible: the MC's look change helped his appearance immeasurably, and the girls are all still very cute. Having some actual plot development that wasn't entirely stupid (Yukine) was good to see in the previous update...

And then we get this update. And this one's done it. I'm checking out for good.

The name plot hole is still present, with him 'changing' his name to his original name (assuming you leave it at default), which is a problem when characters who only knew him before he left call him by his 'new' name, such as Kohaku.

Also, in Part 1, the MC didn't give any indication that he knew Kohaku when he saw her sleeping in the gym.

So, yeah, that entire update was frustrating and everyone in it was an insufferable immature prick except Kasumi and Cho. I honestly just can't do this one anymore. Aiko's cute as fuck, right up until she has any lines of dialogue. The new MC look is really cool, right up until he has any lines of dialogue. Kohaku's very first appearance makes her wildly unsympathetic and it's hard to give a shit about her.

Lastly, on a technical note, there are several places where given names (e.g. Cho, Kohaku), nicknames (e.g. Koha), and the personal pronoun "I" are not capitalized. This would have been easily fixed by a case-sensitive search in your code or text editor. Alternately, replace names with variables, and set the variable to the correct spelling/default capitalization. You can always change capitalization on the fly when calling the name variable if it's needed. As it is, it's inconsistent and looks sloppy.

Good luck with your game.

xDIONYSUSx

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
So I did try again. The first update of E2 wasn't terrible: the MC's look change helped his appearance immeasurably, and the girls are all still very cute. Having some actual plot development that wasn't entirely stupid (Yukine) was good to see in the previous update...

And then we get this update. And this one's done it. I'm checking out for good.

The name plot hole is still present, with him 'changing' his name to his original name (assuming you leave it at default), which is a problem when characters who only knew him before he left call him by his 'new' name, such as Kohaku.

Also, in Part 1, the MC didn't give any indication that he knew Kohaku when he saw her sleeping in the gym.

So, yeah, that entire update was frustrating and everyone in it was an insufferable immature prick except Kasumi and Cho. I honestly just can't do this one anymore. Aiko's cute as fuck, right up until she has any lines of dialogue. The new MC look is really cool, right up until he has any lines of dialogue. Kohaku's very first appearance makes her wildly unsympathetic and it's hard to give a shit about her.

Lastly, on a technical note, there are several places where given names (e.g. Cho, Kohaku), nicknames (e.g. Koha), and the personal pronoun "I" are not capitalized. This would have been easily fixed by a case-sensitive search in your code or text editor. Alternately, replace names with variables, and set the variable to the correct spelling/default capitalization. You can always change capitalization on the fly when calling the name variable if it's needed. As it is, it's inconsistent and looks sloppy.

Good luck with your game.
I might merge both of the episodes on the next update so that will be fixed
If merging both of them won't cause errors for the save or i might add a choice where you can skip the whole EP1 if you played it
Thank you so much for the Feedback btw❤it helped me a lot❤

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes