• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I'm really confused trying to understand what Dev is trying to do with this game
It's an autobattler with the theme of playing as the eldritch entity in a lovecraft story except you're fairly benign and only ruining their lives by accident and you make a team of magical girls. And to represent this the game has an art style of black and white horror art for everything related to the player and colorful cutsy art for the more mundane human world.
Seems straight forward to me, I think there's been about a dozen games with this exact theme released this week.

Any save or gallery unlock? :)
Yes. You can unlock the full gallery in the settings and there's a dedicated scene viewer mode where you just watch scenes without any gameplay.

I have no idea how Apollo Seven puts out quality so quickly. I mean, I've only got the art to go off of for this one at the moment, but few other developers have my trust like Apollo does. Its amazing how far they've come since the HTML days.
I've been working on this one for a long time. Netoria Tactics: Revolution started development and is now just about done in half the time I've been making this game.

This is FUCKING GOOOD
THANK YOOOOU

I'd love to try this.
Could you make an Android version, please?
I'm working on one. It mostly works but still has a few problems.

uploadownload

Feb 8, 2022
Well best of luck to ya, can't wait to see how it goes. If I had more cash I'd support you but for now I guess I have to be content with waiting a little longer.

dcdcdcdc

Jun 18, 2018
I must just not understand this game but almost every "run" ends with me not being able to actually select enough girls to avoid game over - the same girl is in two or three of my slots, and "disappear," so i can only field 1 girl, the reroll button does nothing, so the game just ends.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Oh hey I read at the mountains of madness recently, and during the entire time, while they were describing the mystical peaks, ancient statues and such, I was thinking to myself "really needs more dicks"
Shoggoths are described as amorphous, but who's to say that wasn't just the narrator unwilling to describe a 15-foot phallus?

With tentacles.

Mar 11, 2021
i don't know auto-battlers but what i do know is cute girls getting fucked is good, god i'm excited to see where things go from here. shame i'm actively turned away by half the girl's fetishes, but eh, just means i get to spec harder into my chosen girls.
now as for girls apparently getting removed from the pool when they die, that's on purpose right? same with being able to take up to -10 difficulty?

Reactions: BangB420

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
i don't know auto-battlers but what i do know is cute girls getting fucked is good, god i'm excited to see where things go from here. shame i'm actively turned away by half the girl's fetishes, but eh, just means i get to spec harder into my chosen girls.
now as for girls apparently getting removed from the pool when they die, that's on purpose right? same with being able to take up to -10 difficulty?
The fetishes are supposed to be diverse enough that there's a girl for everyone. I doubt many people are going to like every single one.
When girls die, they dead. You killed them. You can't recruit them again because they are deceased. And yes, negative difficulties are intentional. Set it to whatever is most fun for you. If you like playing on -10, go ahead.

Reactions: Seamonkey

scarab_bites

Mar 30, 2018
I must just not understand this game but almost every "run" ends with me not being able to actually select enough girls to avoid game over - the same girl is in two or three of my slots, and "disappear," so i can only field 1 girl, the reroll button does nothing, so the game just ends.
I'm guessing that after a girl dies once or twice, she becomes unavailable? Which would imply that it'd be best to focus on teams that gain permanent buffs as fast as possible, if true. I've only done two runs, which both ended in failure for the same reasons you cite. The dark void in me demands to know if there is any proper ending to this game, constituting a full run, so I'm going to bang my head against this game one more time at default difficulty, then dialing it down to the lowest level.

If anyone knows if there is a final boss, I will greatly appreciate that knowledge, posted here. Thanks!

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Apollo Seven

5 minutes into this game and it's very apparent that the game does a terrible job of teaching the player how to play the game. You should assume that new players know nothing. The fact that the UI's numbers aren't labelled, there's no mouse over function with a popup text box to tell you more about what the numbers or terminology means, no explaination for how much Eldrich energy you are expected to get per round, no explaination for what the exclamation mark on the girl you buy indicates, the item on the left looked like it was a permanent starting item but it turns out it might be something you have to buy, how do you buy it? (b/c clicking it highlights it). It's possible that the gameplay is good but there's just too much stuff that should be explained but isn't

1. It needs a tutorial to explain what the UI means. There's a lot of numbers, terms and buttons that all have no explanation for what they do. For example it would have been nice if the game tells you that recruiting a girl costs 3 eldrich energy, and you start with 3 Eldrich Energy per round. Edit: apparently you start w/ 3 but you gain 3+round#. Who knew?

2. After picking the 1st girl it looks like a tutorial screen where you're supposed to click next, but if you do, you get a game over instead. The fact that the game would allow you to progress without clicking on a girl and game over instantly is a really bad oversight in design

3. The scene viewer doesn't show any H-scenes it's just a bunch of dialogue. WTF?

4. On the fight screen the X button doesn't cancel the girl from the team, as one might expect it just selects them. Apparently once selected you have to click on the "eye" icon for the monster you want the girl to fight. Honestly, it would have been much simpler and more intuitive to make the X button cancel the girl from the team and allow for clicking and dragging to position them

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017
This is... oddly addicting. Growing my team to be stronger is really fun, though I think Dominique being so powerful makes her feel borderline necessary for me, permabuffs are crazy. Maybe having a few more like her would help make her seem less needed on every run? Other than lower difficulty runs, of course, where it seems like you can use whatever the fuck you want, which I appreciate a lot.

As for those complaining about not knowing what to do, I figured everything out just by clicking on shit, it's not an overly complicated game. Recruit screen lets you buy a new girl for 3 'eldritch' energy (or by a new ability for a girl), buy an item and equip it to a recruited girl for 2, reroll the shop (lower right button of the three in the top right), or lock the shop for next round (lower left button of the three in the top right).

For the battle screen, click a girl, then click the circle next to the monster you want her to fight. You can put as many girls as you want on a monster. First number is the monster's power, then their health, same for the girls. If the monster has a special ability, the game will display it on the monster. Block all monsters or you lose.

(also also really good fuckin' stuff, excited to see more girls and scenes added.)

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
I'm really confused trying to understand what Dev is trying to do with this game
What they described.
You gather girls and show them unearthly horrors, forcing them to become sluts to ease off the mental stress.
Each girl has a certain fetish focus, the more corrupt she is, the more she can fight.
"lesbian" tag present, so take a guess what else is in store.
"tentacle" tag present, so I'm excited, too.
I just hope I can avoid the whole "MMF gangbang" "prostitution" "netorare" line, because I want lesbians scissoring and getting plowed by the 'so called Monster Protagonist' and his tentacles :3

4.00 star(s) 22 Votes