• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Blender Assets suck, mostly...

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
No wonder the stairs looked odd when imported to DAZ. There is also the axis that isn't right when importing.
I found some nice assets on DeviantArt that are made in Blender but can be used in DAZ. So i will keep that in mind when exchanging them.
Different programs use different vertical axes. Blender is Z-up, Daz is Y-up. The import and export settings for both programs let you convert the axis.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Well, i motified the redroom that i am using. It suppose to be devious and transport some vibe.

reddirtyroom.jpg

I used a couple of assets for this scene.
Really useful asset for, in my case, neon lights. Has other things too like chains.
for the usual bar environment
the base asset

for the toilet

For scratched glass

I think i have also added some trash. Have to check what asset that was.

Anyway, the wall i had to create and modify it in Blender and switch off the wall from the redroom. Everything else are mostly free assets.

The wall. Not exactly ok but fine.
2023-01-23 11_11_19-DAZ Studio 4.21 Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021
yester64 I agree. Myself coming from an architecture background the lack of functioning stairs and doors in DAZ assets drives me crazy. Spent a lot of time trying to make my houses make sense for the interior floorplan with the exterior blueprint and finally said fuck it. Instead rooms are more like staged sets on a TV show which would never fit inside the tiny building outside.

You could never take Daz buildings and put them into realtime like Unreal becase they wouldn't make sense at all. You're absolutely right that most daz locations are like Barbie world or fake photos from a magazine. Normal people would never live there, they aren't scaled right. Sometimes rooms have no windows, no egress etc. Also, who could afford all these places? There are hardly any normal flats or houses.

Setting up scenes in daz feels more like shooting a TV show in a warehouse with fake walls rather than actually building a world.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
yester64 I agree. Myself coming from an architecture background the lack of functioning stairs and doors in DAZ assets drives me crazy. Spent a lot of time trying to make my houses make sense for the interior floorplan with the exterior blueprint and finally said fuck it. Instead rooms are more like staged sets on a TV show which would never fit inside the tiny building outside.

You could never take Daz buildings and put them into realtime like Unreal becase they wouldn't make sense at all. You're absolutely right that most daz locations are like Barbie world or fake photos from a magazine. Normal people would never live there, they aren't scaled right. Sometimes rooms have no windows, no egress etc. Also, who could afford all these places? There are hardly any normal flats or houses.

Setting up scenes in daz feels more like shooting a TV show in a warehouse with fake walls rather than actually building a world.
Well, in a sense it's like a TV or movie set.
In the beginning i thought, ok, i just build a house... or a floor... or whatever.
It just never worked. There are tricks to be learned how to make things appear that are actually not there. Like a open door and you see something, or nothing but it's there.

I haven't gone too deep into the breaking down department yet but i made my own little attempt to fit some asset to my needs.
It's quite painful i think but the more you know, the more you can do.

in the beginning i thought that just taking an asset and put a figure with some nice cloths, have hot sex and some totally arousing pose will do the job. Well, no. Not really.
There is so much more to it. I am still learning. Lights. Once an enemy, now somewhat a friend.
What DAZ probably will never be able to do is to have a population in a scene. Like in real life. Of course you can make several renders and merge them in a gfx program but it's not the same. I think.

Anyway, where were we? The only house i seen and used was .
Real pretty. Like a real house with outdoor stuff.

I think i don't have scene anymore from it.

There are people that are way better than me but that's ok. I am telling myself always that i am doing it for the fun.