Aspiring Game Creator.

Depp

Aug 21, 2017
I've been perusing this site for a few months now and have of course played the big six popular games as well as a plethora of others, and while some of them are a lot of fun or very appealing visually, one thing that I've noticed is that the stories are often lacking. I'm a third year college student with a major in literature, needless to say that it's a very niche major and I don't think I'll get much use out of it.

However, I genuinely believe that I could write an amazing adult script for a game and that's what I intend to do. I jumped right in with Daz and Lord save me I do not understand 3D animating whatsoever, so I've decided to create a visual novel.

Subsequently, I've come here to;

1.) Introduce myself
2.) Publicly commit to creating a visual novel (mostly so that I don't back out)
3.) Acquire some information on exactly how to do the aforementioned task

I've downloaded Ren'Py and intend to use that for my game, but my biggest question is; how do I animate the sex scenes? I don't need anything awe-inspiring to the likes of "Teacher's Pets" as I intend for my game to be more catered to those seeking an excellent story with their adult game, but I would like some sort of adult theme to it.

Thank you in advance for any help that anyone here can provide, and since I know someone will most likely bring it up, I will work on my profile shortly once I decide on a theme.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
@Depp

Welcome and good luck with your game!

As for animations, that's a whole different level of game development. I suggest you keep your first game simple and leave the complex stuff for after you gain experience.

Depp

Aug 21, 2017
@Depp

Welcome and good luck with your game!

As for animations, that's a whole different level of game development. I suggest you keep your first game simple and leave the complex stuff for after you gain experience.
Understandable, I'm really not sure how large the player-base for non-animated visual novels is, so I'm a bit leery to make one without one, but I'll definitely take your advice!

A question that popped into my head while going through the Ren'Py tutorial; where do people get the images for their games?

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Understandable, I'm really not sure how large the player-base for non-animated visual novels is, so I'm a bit leery to make one without one, but I'll definitely take your advice!

A question that popped into my head while going through the Ren'Py tutorial; where do people get the images for their games?
What images do you mean? The backgrounds and character sprites, the full scene images, the GUI or what exactly? :)
Most images are selfmade, either with Photoshop or for scenes and so on in DAZ3D or other softwares. Some are just free images you can find on the internet or buy from different shops... but it all depends on what kind of images you mean. :)

p.S.: Sorry, welcome to F95Zone and good luck with your project! :)

a meme

Sep 26, 2017
Ren'py doesn't have animation support, so you have to use a movie format (webm for example) or a sequence of pictures. You can create these in DAZ3D.

Backgrounds for DAZ3D games are rendered with the characters. Classic visual novel backgrounds are either stolen from existing games, photoshop edits of real photos, drawn or royalty-free assets from the web.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Ren'py doesn't have animation support, so you have to use a movie format (webm for example) or a sequence of pictures. You can create these in DAZ3D.

Backgrounds for DAZ3D games are rendered with the characters. Classic visual novel backgrounds are either stolen from existing games, photoshop edits of real photos, drawn or royalty-free assets from the web.
Really.... There are a lot of people who just render their backgrounds in DAZ3D and the characters as sprites without a background.... like i.e. SuperPowered.....

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
What's up mate, I hope you keep at it. I learned how to use Poser first and just used Daz models. Before my external hd was fried and I lost everything. I found a lot of video tutorials on my public library's website, maybe you can try yours? Honestly though nothing beats learning from a book, or structured lessons. Just picking up advice here and there on how to do things will make even more confused. Structure.