RPGM - Abandoned - Artificial bonds [v0.2a] [Kiratta]

1. 4.00 star(s)

the_fluff

Review as of 0.2 (Same as comment forgot to review)

There’s potential here, it’s in the beginning of development for the game so I’m not gonna give any harsh criticisms but I am gonna give some advice and notes.

First things first is that you are using RPGM and it’s a sandbox, a good amount of people are gonna be put off by that for a few reasons. Walking, finding locations and people, day cycles, and story directions. I’ll tell you what I mean by this and some QOL you can do for it.

First is walking. A lot of RPGM’s are full of a lot of walking around back and forth and this usually takes up a majority of the time in RPGM games and most players do get annoyed by this. Luckily at the moment you don’t have to worry about this because at the moment you have a small map so not a lot of walking but I assume you're gonna expand the map at some point and this problem is an easy QOL fix, just add quick travel it makes things less frustrating for the player.

The second problem that usually comes with RPGM’s is finding locations and people this does tie’s in to the walking problem but can also be a problem even in small maps. In RPGM’s it’s usually a hassle to find locations or people but mainly locations because a lot of RPGM buildings look too similar or it’s just hard to tell what building is what so two QOL things you can do is make a map and/or label paths and buildings. For example in the beginning where you have to go to the outskirts it would have been nice if the spot where you enter the outskirts was labeled so we knew that spot led to the outskirts.

Third are day cycles. It seems you are only doing it during the day and haven’t incorporated a week cycle of mon-sun. This one’s pretty simple and it would be nice to be able to skip to times instead of having to do it one cycle at a time.

And lastly the story direction which is basically the “quests” what we have to do and where we have to go. Players don't want to run around like a chicken without its head trying to look for what to do next we need some direction. For example when we were looking for work for hope I was like “Ok, What am I doing?” so I just kept looking around lost until I found Mr. Rosenberg in the Grocery shop who I didn’t even know existed, or even knew there was a grocery store and that he was in it (this goes back to the point of finding locations and people). I’m not asking that you tell us exactly where to go like “Go straight to location x” but give us an idea of where to go.

If you incorporate these QOL features it will be more enjoyable for the player to play your game. And another important thing that some devs don’t do is to make sure that sex scenes are repeatable and/or that there is a gallery.

Now for the game itself the groping and harassing is tolerable as long as you keep the choice of stopping the point of no return of whether you let the NTR happen or you stop it. Like when you showed the scene with Dirk trying to sleep with Hope in our bed and the we had the choice to either let him keep doing it or stopping it there. As long as it remains stoppable you shouldn’t have too much of a problem with people complaining about the NTR.

The last thing I want to talk about is with the sex content. I don't know if Hope is gonna be the only LI in the game or you're going to add more LI’s but if you do stick with just Hope you're going to have to worry about variety for people not going down the NTR route. On the NTR route there already is going to be variety because there are gonna be different people having sex with hope but for the people who don’t and it’s just the MC and Hope then you're gonna have to show a variety of sex positions and sexy situations with the MC and Hope otherwise players will be disappointed. Maybe do a tit for tat situation like for the situations where you choose whether to let NTR things happen like if you let it happen obviously you get a NTR scene but if you don’t you get a scene with the MC and hope doing stuff together. For example an early scene where Hope is working at the grocery store and is getting harassed by the Horny customer and we get the choice to stop it or not, if you choose to let it happen then maybe you see a scene of the Customer groping Hope but if you don’t let it happen then you get a scene Hope is hugging the MC out of gratitude and he can cop a couple feels.

That’s everything I have to say on the game for now. I wish you luck dev and looking forward to what you have planned coming next.