Hasselnut

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021

gub23

Feb 17, 2020
Can someone help me get started? I explore the village but don't find anything that I advanced the story really, only a few random scenes. Whenever I go home nothing happens, look around but dont find anything

Onbunga

May 14, 2020
Great to see a page made for this game finally. Btw who are the bulls that are in the current version? Is alvar the only one? Also which bulls will be added next?

Hasselnut

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021
Can someone help me get started? I explore the village but don't find anything that I advanced the story really, only a few random scenes. Whenever I go home nothing happens, look around but dont find anything
explore and talk with all npcs, you need uhhh 12 affection points

Great to see a page made for this game finally. Btw who are the bulls that are in the current version? Is alvar the only one? Also which bulls will be added next?
thank you!
f95z build has alvar and oligarch (male bi demon) and lots of npcs
current patreon build has Helm the bandit and forest's npc
next build should have had The Executioner as bull but unfortunately I couldn't draw the CGs so we'll have mainly QoL updates and ghosts

Reactions: Onbunga

Onbunga

May 14, 2020
explore and talk with all npcs, you need uhhh 12 affection points

thank you!
f95z build has alvar and oligarch (male bi demon) and lots of npcs
current patreon build has Helm the bandit and forest's npc
next build should have had The Executioner as bull but unfortunately I couldn't draw the CGs so we'll have mainly QoL updates and ghosts
When will the futa and femboy bulls be added?

Hasselnut

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021
The executioner is the futa? Is there any cg for that character yet?
strega.jpg
It's Isolde the witch, so the one AFTER Executioner.
Witches make deals with demons and can use them for combat either like pokemon, turning them into weapons or merging with them.
Isolde is the type of witch who prefers to merge with her demon.
By the way if anyone here is interested I recommend my upcoming "safe" non-NTR VN , wich has the same lore of Artificial Blood and NTR Bunnies RPG and delves into some elements such as managing demons and how to be witches.

Reactions: diddlydadoo

Onomata

Oct 23, 2018
wikipedia: "Metroidvania is a sub-genre of and/or focused on guided and utility-gated exploration and progression."
This game is focused on guided non-linearity and utility-gated exploration and progression.
Elden Ring is not.

also
always wikipedia:
These games usually feature a large interconnected world map the player can explore, although parts of the world will be inaccessible to the player until they acquire special items, tools, weapons, abilities, or knowledge within the game. Acquiring such improvements can also aid the player in defeating more difficult enemies and locating shortcuts and secret areas, and often includes retracing one's steps across the map.
While early examples were usually two-dimensional platform games, the term has since been applied to and games.

Looks like this game has everythinfg a metroidvania requires to be called metroidvania
Elden ring is quite literally an action-adventure game with guided non-linearity.

There are tons of items required for exploration and progression into certain areas, especially to complete the game. There are flashing little lights that tell you where to go as well as a multitude of dialogue for when the flashing little lights aren't enough. By your definition, Elden Ring (and most Fromsoft games following the same format), Enshrouded, NieR, Code Vein, Genshin Impact, GTFO (the more recent rundowns), Alien: Isolation, and more can be called "metroidvanias" by that standard as they all contain these aspects of utility-gated exploration/progression and guided non-linearity (some with dialogue, some with flashy "look at me!" mechanics, some with just environment design).

A term can be applied to many things but doesn't mean the term is being mis-used or abused for marketing purposes in a similar fashion to how "souls-like" is thrown onto anything difficult nowadays.

Hasselnut

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021
Elden ring is quite literally an action-adventure game with guided non-linearity.

There are tons of items required for exploration and progression into certain areas, especially to complete the game. There are flashing little lights that tell you where to go as well as a multitude of dialogue for when the flashing little lights aren't enough. By your definition, Elden Ring (and most Fromsoft games following the same format), Enshrouded, NieR, Code Vein, Genshin Impact, GTFO (the more recent rundowns), Alien: Isolation, and more can be called "metroidvanias" by that standard as they all contain these aspects of utility-gated exploration/progression and guided non-linearity (some with dialogue, some with flashy "look at me!" mechanics, some with just environment design).

A term can be applied to many things but doesn't mean the term is being mis-used or abused for marketing purposes in a similar fashion to how "souls-like" is thrown onto anything difficult nowadays.
Cool. My game is a metroidvania though

Reactions: poopsmith88

N3 Raw

Aug 14, 2018

its an RPG that you progress the game and where you have already been will have more stuff unlocked that will help/ be necessary for you to progress. in Elden ring you don't have to go to any area more than once if you don't want to. in AB and actual MetroidVania type games you have to return to earlier sections or the game will basically be unplayable. go try do SOTN and never go back to a part of the castle that you've been in before, you'll get 30 mins in and then be stuck

Reactions: Hasselnut

ruisu43

Jun 5, 2021
This game is pretty good, when you finish it I hope you can upload it to steam, the game has a lot of potential.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes