Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Anyone here with deep familiarity of AA2 NPC behavior and/or trigger development? I'm working on a module which I want to include an element of stalking/tailing behavior, and my first thought was just to have the NPC with the module go to whatever room their stalking target is currently in, but I also see there's STALK and STALK_FROM_AFAR actions. The problem is I don't know what the exact behavior of those is, so it's unclear if they're at all useful to me or not. Does anyone have any descriptions for these?

Edit: I think I know what STALK is. It's probably when an NPC "attaches" to another character and follows right behind them wherever they go. Still not sure what the STALK_FROM_AFAR behavior is like.

Last edited:

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Anyone here with deep familiarity of AA2 NPC behavior and/or trigger development? I'm working on a module which I want to include an element of stalking/tailing behavior, and my first thought was just to have the NPC with the module go to whatever room their stalking target is currently in, but I also see there's STALK and STALK_FROM_AFAR actions. The problem is I don't know what the exact behavior of those is, so it's unclear if they're at all useful to me or not. Does anyone have any descriptions for these?
I have not spent that much time with modules but I know enough to help you figure out the flow for how to assemble the triggers towards your goal.

A handy tip is that if someone has made a module with a similar feature to what you want to implement, check it out first. Maybe you'll find a better way to implement it than what they have, but in the case of the flagship standard module pack you start with they're solidly constructed with plenty of testing and can grant unexpected insight to implementing the feature that are not intuitively guessed from the trigger options you initially find. For example, there it already a Stalker module. At a glance it does not seem to ever call STALK or STALK_FROM_AFAR, but instead manually calls ThisCard.GoTo(StalkerTarget.CurrentRoom) and manages it with globals and manual checks. This is because for the intent of the module, the goal is to have the stalker suddenly appear in the room near its entrance then linger (watch), or interact with other characters in the same room.

For my play time, I have noticed instances that strongly resembled what I expect from STALK, and it is simply too blaringly obvious to be satisfying sometimes - the character will be within hugging distance as it closely walks and runs after your character, practically breathing down their neck. I assume STALK_FROM_AFAR is the same behavior but maintained at a few meters of distance, because I recall also seeing that and it wouldn't make sense to use manual GoTo(Room) calls otherwise. The actions STALK and STALK_FROM_AFAR occupy the same action priority as any other action, so when characters follow you like this they're also not going to do anything else like talk to you, fight you, talk to others, or anything until this option ceases. The action STOP_FOLLOWING is used to stop either proper STALK type. Although the Stalker module does not call for either proper STALK type, it may be calling for STOP_FOLLOWING to interact with other sources of stalking like other modules or the Scheming trait.

You can either employ the 2 in-game methods for stalking and deal with the jank of having a very robotic kind of following action happening that prevents other actions from happening, or you can manually manage following logic using actions and flow inspired by the original Stalker module, which will probably prove more useful to you.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
A handy tip is that if someone has made a module with a similar feature to what you want to implement, check it out first. Maybe you'll find a better way to implement it than what they have, but in the case of the flagship standard module pack you start with they're solidly constructed with plenty of testing and can grant unexpected insight to implementing the feature that are not intuitively guessed from the trigger options you initially find. For example, there it already a Stalker module. At a glance it does not seem to ever call STALK or STALK_FROM_AFAR, but instead manually calls ThisCard.GoTo(StalkerTarget.CurrentRoom) and manages it with globals and manual checks. This is because for the intent of the module, the goal is to have the stalker suddenly appear in the room near its entrance then linger (watch), or interact with other characters in the same room.
Yeah I've been examining other modules to try and figure out how things work, Stalker included. I did notice that that one doesn't use either of the STALK actions. One that does use STALK_FROM_AFAR is Murderous. But I only have a single that I've downloaded with that module, and I haven't observed it enough to try and piece together just how it behaves.

For my play time, I have noticed instances that strongly resembled what I expect from STALK, and it is simply too blaringly obvious to be satisfying sometimes - the character will be within hugging distance as it closely walks and runs after your character, practically breathing down their neck.
I realized after posting that that's probably what it is, but that behavior had slipped my mind at the time. It's definitely not the behavior I'm looking for.

You can either employ the 2 in-game methods for stalking and deal with the jank of having a very robotic kind of following action happening that prevents other actions from happening, or you can manually manage following logic using actions and flow inspired by the original Stalker module, which will probably prove more useful to you.
Yeah it sounds like using the GoTo function which I've already implemented is probably the way to go, rather than relying on the AI stalking interactions. Seems like it'll allow for more control.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustAl

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
For my play time, I have noticed instances that strongly resembled what I expect from STALK, and it is simply too blaringly obvious to be satisfying sometimes - the character will be within hugging distance as it closely walks and runs after your character, practically breathing down their neck. I assume STALK_FROM_AFAR is the same behavior but maintained at a few meters of distance, because I recall also seeing that and it wouldn't make sense to use manual GoTo(Room) calls otherwise. The actions STALK and STALK_FROM_AFAR occupy the same action priority as any other action, so when characters follow you like this they're also not going to do anything else like talk to you, fight you, talk to others, or anything until this option ceases. The action STOP_FOLLOWING is used to stop either proper STALK type. Although the Stalker module does not call for either proper STALK type, it may be calling for STOP_FOLLOWING to interact with other sources of stalking like other modules or the Scheming trait.
I really need to write down the misc mechanics today. This specific behavior is directly tied to love count. An NPC will, as youve described, enter the following behavior if their love count is high enough, and literally cling to you as you walk around.

If this happens to me, and its not my partner doing it, i just enter one of the gender restricted rooms, which shakes them off. What also shakes them off is a distraction - if they follow you around like that, but then you run into a room with some NPCs chatting, a brawl happening, or some NPCs fucking, they will also stop following you... ... ... you can also tell if your partner is cheating on you this way. If you drag your partner to a private room to have sex, and exit the room, you *might* notice them zip out of the area youre in at a speed of light. Thats a clear indication your partner has high love count with some other NPC, and that you should probably check the jizzed on statue to see how bad it is.

The behavior itself is completely harmless, though. The NPC following you might get annoying by interrupting you (its almost like theyre watching if youre not cheating on them or something...), but is otherwise a non issue. So one would probably need to use other methods than using *this* mechanic/behavior to stalk, as the NPC clinging onto a target like that will not interact with the target at all, otherwise.

Reactions: Grim and JustAl

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Thanks Monosomething. When I spent regular time with AA2 I spent most of it in the editor so I didn't bench enough time observing the game to notice something like that. The Stalker module does consider traits and mood, and similar flow logic can let the player program custom follow logic around LLDH too. I appreciate the commentary on cheating, making a convincing AI character requires knowing how players really play the game.

I do recall finding a troll module that made characters roll random numbers to outright lie to you. Propose, break-up, murder threat, someone likes you, etc. That kind of stuff does throw a curveball in player understanding as normally NPCs won't say those things without there being merit for it, but smart players might notice their words don't match their following actions, etc.

Reactions: Monosomething

bloodbirthe

Nov 25, 2018
Does anyone know if all the H positions are supposed to show up on the orgasm tab? I've been fine with only having access to some of them, but I realized that there might be a fix for this, if the issue is that some aren't able to fit on screen. I searched this thread but couldn't find an answer.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Does anyone know if all the H positions are supposed to show up on the orgasm tab? I've been fine with only having access to some of them, but I realized that there might be a fix for this, if the issue is that some aren't able to fit on screen. I searched this thread but couldn't find an answer.
In the AA2Unlimited launcher, go to the Scripts tab, and check the box for JMCP

Reactions: bloodbirthe

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Working in the trigger editor is certainly an exercise in patience. Copying and pasting actions seems to work correctly about 10% of the time, and I've had it crash the editor a few times now which has resulted in lost work. I'll have to remember to save frequently.

Reactions: bloodbirthe

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Working in the trigger editor is certainly an exercise in patience. Copying and pasting actions seems to work correctly about 10% of the time, and I've had it crash the editor a few times now which has resulted in lost work. I'll have to remember to save frequently.
Helpful advice:
1) The issue seems to be that the trigger editor remembers an earlier clicked line than what you're clicking now. It helps to spam a few clicks (not too fast) in a few lines of the exact line you're going to paste into, then click a few times on that exact line to really confirm you're pasting there.

2) Warning: saving a card has a 1% chance of getting the "rainbow card" effect. Meant to be a "fun feature", it poisons cards by making them disgustingly overpowered and it can't be removed from the card through the editor. I recommend making your triggers on a debug test shell character (literally just normal default boy/girl named "CharInitials ModuleDev" is fine), then exporting your final confirmed triggers in a module named as something like "AAA_FinalCharName_CustomTriggers", with a description like "Custom triggers for my character FinalCharName". Not only does this help you avoid saving a character to randomly sprout the bad rainbow effect, but saving as a module saves independently of the card itself.

Additionally, it lets you reuse module content you made on a new character, letting you keep and change what you want once you unpack this module back into unbundled triggers and globals. The obvious long and ugly "AAA" prefix on your module will tell you this module isn't really meant to be used in long-standing fashion as a module but rather as a vehicle to save and port your triggers and globals from a character project.

As a reminder, you select your triggers to pack by left-click gliding your mouse over the triggers. You pack globals automatically - if the global was called in a trigger, the global will pack itself into your module from the global window, no effort on your part. This will of course pack the global's init value as well.

Other annoying issue I've yet to find a solution for: if you intend for your character to start in a certain club by design as suggested by the game, you don't seem to have a choice for it in the editor that comes with AAU. This matters for specific scenarios like a Cultist module character, who wouldn't be effective if they were in (leader of) a club that grants intelligence bonuses since by design they work by reducing classmate intelligence to become persuasive. Based on what I've seen in custom characters online the start club is either randomly decided on chargen (unlikely), or there's an editor out there that doesn't come with AAU that lets you change a character's starting club. Unfortunately I've not found such an editor yet.

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Helpful advice:
1) The issue seems to be that the trigger editor remembers an earlier clicked line than what you're clicking now. It helps to spam a few clicks (not too fast) in a few lines of the exact line you're going to past into, then click a few times on that exact line to really confirm you're pasting there.
Yeah I think you're right about the weird click behavior. I've been just right-clicking on actions I wanted to copy to immediately open the context window, which seems to select the action correctly at first, but it does seem to lead to weird behavior. Seems like you have to left click the action first to select it, and then right click to select copy.

2) Warning: saving a card has a 1% chance of getting the "rainbow card" effect. Meant to be a "fun feature", it poisons cards by making them disgustingly overpowered and it can't be removed from the card through the editor. I recommend making your triggers on a debug test shell character (literally just normal default boy/girl named "CharInitials ModuleDev" is fine), then exporting your final confirmed triggers in a module named as something like "AAA_FinalCharName_CustomTriggers", with a description like "Custom triggers for my character FinalCharName". Not only does this help you avoid saving a character to randomly sprout the bad rainbow effect, but saving as a module saves independently of the card itself.

Additionally, it lets you reuse module content you made on a new character, letting you keep and change what you want once you unpack this module back into unbundled triggers and globals. The obvious long and ugly "AAA" prefix on your module will tell you this module isn't really meant to be used in long-standing fashion as a module but rather as a vehicle to save and port your triggers and globals from a character project.

As a reminder, you select your triggers to pack by left-click gliding your mouse over the triggers. You pack globals automatically - if the global was called in a trigger, the global will pack itself into your module from the global window, no effort on your part. This will of course pack the global's init value as well.
I did in fact make a new basic character strictly for trigger development, and I do plan on exporting it all as a module since I plan on using the module on multiple characters. I'll be releasing the module here also for anyone that wants it, assuming I get it all working correctly.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Other annoying issue I've yet to find a solution for: if you intend for your character to start in a certain club by design as suggested by the game, you don't seem to have a choice for it in the editor that comes with AAU. This matters for specific scenarios like a Cultist module character, who wouldn't be effective if they were in (leader of) a club that grants intelligence bonuses since by design they work by reducing classmate intelligence to become persuasive. Based on what I've seen in custom characters online the start club is either randomly decided on chargen (unlikely), or there's an editor out there that doesn't come with AAU that lets you change a character's starting club. Unfortunately I've not found such an editor yet.
Yeah I don't think you can set the club with just AA2Edit. I think you'd have to make the card first, and then edit the club with by setting the PROFILE_CLUB field under the Maker Data tab. I tend to add most of the cards in my classes using the random button though, which also randomizes their starting clubs for some reason. The chosen club is only selected by default if you manually add the card to the class.

You can also set the club via trigger. If you look at the Banchou module triggers you can see the "Clear clubs" trigger doing this where it forces all of the non-members to join a different club when the gang leader is initialized.

Last edited:

muk13th

Aug 22, 2018
I've recently updated to AA2Unlimited v1.10.1 and since I did NO clothing mods are loading. I go into game and try to change a characters clothes and find only the 8 or so from the base game.

I'm really hoping someone here can maybe give me a tip or a straight up answer.

Thanks for your time

Edit: Also, I can't run the game in fullscreen anymore. There's no longer an option in the launcher for that

Last edited:

Wjeidwfwef

Nov 22, 2020
Helpful advice:
1) The issue seems to be that the trigger editor remembers an earlier clicked line than what you're clicking now. It helps to spam a few clicks (not too fast) in a few lines of the exact line you're going to paste into, then click a few times on that exact line to really confirm you're pasting there.

Have you tried holding down the Ctrl key while saving a character? a pop up should appear that lets you change some stuff like giving them the rainbow card effect (but not the background), there's also a club tab.

Reactions: JustAl and Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Have you tried holding down the Ctrl key while saving a character? a pop up should appear that lets you change some stuff like giving them the rainbow card effect (but not the background), there's also a club tab.
Never knew that was a thing. I guess you don't need AAQtEdit to set those options.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Ugh... guess its time to finally do this. The final mechanics dump that ive ran across. Its not going to be *everything*, because its impossible to measure everything with the tools we are provided, but i will only post stuff i could measure, based on observation.

But before i get to that... a funny screenshot taken in a VERY (5 weeks in) long session ive played some time ago about how inept the AI actually is without external help:

Untitled.png

Now the guy can do all the sexual stuff by grinding the handbrake, without the help of all those horny women, who absolutely hate his guts... or turn homo - he will have more luck that way. My portait is empty.. anybody noticed that? Haha.

Anyways... where to start?

1. Traits.

Traits are generally considered irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but in reality traits heavily influence the behavior of a card. Sometimes to a degree that makes it impossible to get in their pants, especially when combined with things like lowest/low sociability. I will only mention a few mechanics related to those the (lying) wiki didnt mention. As a rule of thumb - ALL traits should be considered bad. With the exception of a few that arent, that is, which i will mention here:

-"Bad with x trait". While it makes getting in the pants of the individual in question more difficult, its actually a beneficial trait, as it makes the card immune to MM (we know what that is, right?).

-"Easygoing", "Obedient" and "Perverted" traits. Cards with these traits will gain love count quicker. Sounds great, right? You can quickly gain love count with such a character (as quick as 1 or 2 break periods to reach relationship level), without having to go for the long grind... except... the same rule applies to other cards. You dont exist in a vacuum, after all, and other cards interacting with this character will also gain their love quicker. You see the problem here, right? "Easygoing" trait also makes the card having it more eager to seek out new relationships (similar to "Trendy"). Beware.

-"Affable". Makes the card gain increased like count. Particularly nasty on orientations leaning in the *other* direction. Receiving praises from such a card is devastating to your LLDH.

-"Charming" and "Chivalrous". They effectively do the same thing, except the first for hetero, while the other for the same sex. Cards with these traits seem to be particularly susceptible to MM. Sometimes to a point, where competing over them RAISES their love count of the loser, rather than diminishing it. Oh, and... cards with these traits do not get more traffic in terms of interaction. Not in a noticeable way, at least. Another slap on the wiki...

-"Tsundere". I dont know if the card in question is less likely to join group activities (as the wiki claims), but what is certain is that with every love count gain comes a hate count gain to balance it. How does that work? Its hard to say, but this trait makes it impossible to get into the pants of a lean homo chick, as her love count gain will be equalized by hate count. The orientations more in line with the character attempting to get in their pants fare much better. The hate gain ceases once you cross the 21 love count threshold (or, at the very least, isnt as noticeable).

-"Serious". On top of what the wiki states, this trait will make the card have lowered sex talk % chances. Significantly.

-"Impulsive" makes the card with this trait either extremely easy or extremely difficult to interact with, depending on the state you find them in. Its... its awful, alright?

-"Jealous". Now... i dont have enough info on this, but i did run into an interesting situation, where my partner, who happened to have this trait, accused me of cheating... repeatedly. For the record, i did not cheat on them - i even went to the statue to check if she had the "Cheater!" status against me. She didnt, but that didnt stop her from issuing "warnings". My guess is, that theres a whole other plain of "cheating" that cards without this trait do not perceive. I would just call it "flirting". We know what constitutes cheating, yeah? Well, i think "flirting" can be anything from love/sex talk to massages and headpats. Its hard to say. Avoid cards with this trait - its frustrating dealing with someone acting this way, not to mention the damage to LLDH they cause with each warning (5 hate and 5 dislike count gain per).

-"Asexual". Just like "Serious", on top of what the wiki claims, it also reduces % chance of sex talk. If you combine the two? Oof. If the character isnt in line with your orientation and you cant use love talk to reach the relationship threshold, forget trying to get in their pants.

So, are there any good traits? Sure... four. Three are completely cosmetic, that being "Sweaty", "Diligent" and "Always hungry", while the last, "Scheming", increases the efficiency (not % chance to succeed!) of bad rumors, allowing you to completely destroy someones opinion of a card in a span of one or two break periods. With three successful bad rumors the card gains between 7-8 dislike count towards the target. You do the math.

2. Interactions.

There was a time, when ive complained about love count sources apart from sex talk and contact tab. After digging some more, i found more that do just that. But first...

-Praise. Useless interaction on first glance, but it actually has a function. While Encourage and Calm exist, Praise does the same thing, effectively. Succeeding with it nets you 20 partial love and like points. Failing will gain 10 partial dislike and hate points. Why use it? If the target is incredibly pissed or incredibly sad, praising them will normalize their mood, regardless of whether you succeed or fail. Kind of an oversight by the devs.

-Love talk. This one is interesting in how it works - lets assume that you are a hetero character trying to get in the pants of characters with the following orientation (ive used the training bonus cheat to figure it out, to get a clear read on it):

*Pure hetero - after three love talks, gains 3 love count
*Lean hetero - after three love talks, gains 3 love count and 1 like count
*Bi - after three love talks, gains 3 love count and 3 like count (the worst option, eventually leading to equalization of points)
*Lean homo - after three love talks, gains 1 love count and 3 like count
*Pure homo - after three love talks, gains 3 like count

Invert for homo characters interacting with who they favor. Obviously, traits can swing these gains wildly, but this is for characters with NO traits altering LLDH gain, whatsoever.

-Massage and inviting to lunch/to have a rest - both gain love count. Not much, but every little bit helps.

-Headpats ("Caress") also increases love count. Its too difficult to talk numbers here, but it looks like its a split between partial love and like count gain. If we consider the partial point gain to be 100%, giving someone headpats will result in 90% love gain and 10% like gain. Worth using.

-inviting someone to the restaurant and going home are also a split of partial points, with partial love points having a larger % than like points - not entirely useless. Karaoke and arcade invites are mostly focused on like points - avoid at all costs.

To close this one up, interactions are either a one dice roll (or a 0/1 situation) or two dice roll affairs. Every interaction that has a note afterwards ("Had a deep conversation/Conversation didnt go anywhere", or with massages, "Cop a feel/You were told to stop") can alter the point gain. Even if you succeed on the first roll, you may fail the second roll. Im not a fan of this, personally - i like Rogue-Likes, but this game shouldnt try to act like one... thats just me, though.

3. AI interactions/differences between PC and AI interactions.

-First off... rumors! While the PC spreading bad rumors generates dislike points, a single bad rumor by the AI makes the target generate 3 (!) hate points towards the card mentioned. Good rumors seem to be the same on both ends (as in, increase like count only).

-AI constantly asking whether youve had sex. I... honestly, this interaction is just a time waster. I havent seen a change in LLDH resulting from either answer, so tell them whatever if they ask. It might be prudent to answer "no", if its your lover asking. If anything, you wont ruin their mood.

-AI asking whether you like/love someone. If they mention themselves - i leave the answer up to you. If its your lover asking, and they do not refer to themselves, the answer is always "no", lest you risk incurring their wrath, and the "Cheater!" status in the process.

-AI asking whether youve had sex with someone. Obviously, if its your lover asking, the answer is "no", but if some other NPC is asking, replying with a "yes" generates bad LLDH (might be hate?), while a "no" gives them love count (where applicable). The exact numbers are impossible to state - sorry.

-while the AIs LLDH makes them behave in one way or another, the PCs LLDH is irrelevant. Your character might hate the guts of some card, but as long as their LLDH is positive towards you, they will interact with you. Ive played as a pure homo character to test this, and chicks wouldnt leave me alone, in spite of me having no love count towards them...

-the AI ignores the "Unforgivable" status, when interacting with the player. The player may have this status, which bothers the AI, exactly, none. You wont even hear an apology for... whatever it was they did.

-there are two AI exclusive interactions that i have no idea what they do, in terms of LLDH change. One is some card bragging about having sex with someone (i can only assume its an attempt at sabotaging their LLDH), while the other is making fun of "Lovers quarrel", which involves the card mentioning it witness someone having sex with not-their-partner, and being competed over by their partner.

-youre not being clever by dragging your side-chicks to private rooms - the AI knows youre cheating on them, even if they dont generate the "Cheater!" status towards you. They will always mention something alluding to you cheating on them ("Unfaithful...", "Why is everybody constantly sneaking around? I dont mean you, specifically...", "Keep your excesses down, will you? Its too easy to tell what youre doing!"), after youve had sex with someone other than them (this also applies to having sex in the open, and getting away with it).

-the infirmary is the quietest spot in school... the AI is incapable of finding you there, if they hadnt already began the action involving you once youre there, meaning, that you can drag your side-chicks, or when cucking someone, there.

4. Random info dump.

-"Cheater!" status persists for 3 days since it was earned. In those 3 days you might get bombarded with warnings about cheating, destroying your LLDH in the process, or... nothing will happen. It can go either way, but im guessing that your lover needs to have someone lined up before they start issue warnings.

-in spite of following the anti-cucking guide of mine, you may still get cucked. Its not that my guide is wrong, of course (heh heh)! Its that if your lover has over 21 love count towards the other guy, they might compete over them, if they spot them fucking someone else in the open. There is a small chance that the guy has less love count towards the individual theyre fucking, than your lover, which will make your lover win the competition (how did you let your lover have this much love count towards the other guy in the first place...?).

-the "Force" interaction.
Early into playing this game, i found this interaction pointless. Now i find it crucial to my play style. Forcing your lover to have sex prevents them interrupting the sex session, if seen. Simply put, it takes all control away from them, and transfers it to you. The uses are plentiful, but one worth mentioning is this - there are exactly 7 private rooms you can drag your lover to, but normally, you can only use 3 of them (the room in the gym, counseling room and the hotel; im not mentioning your room/house). A character, once forced, becomes completely subservient to your whims, meaning you can drag them to the changing rooms or the toilets. This is in stark contrast to what is "normally" possible, as outside of lowest virtue cards, nobody will follow you to gender restricted areas.

-making "useless" sex friends?
Sex friends youve made via competitions will either fuck you, as long as your LLDH is high enough, or they wont - depending on their virtue. Force interaction will allow you to make use of those higher virtue cards, that have over 21 love count towards you, but will not normally fuck you due to their virtue. Use it wisely... but dont let that love count drop below 21 and THEN try to force them - they will instantly hate you for it, and you (as do i) probably want to avoid fighting chicks, right?

-relationships and "waiting for sex" times.
Normal virtue cards require 1 day to pass, before they put out. High virtue cards require 3 days to pass before they allow sex. Highest require 6 days to pass before they allow sex (no sunday date needed). Ive already mentioned that at one point, but if you became sex friends with them beforehand, the wait is gone - the second you get into a relationship with them, they will fuck you instantly.

-people running our of the room upon witnessing someone having sex: each time a card runs away screaming, they just gained 15 partial hate points towards the fucking couple. This can stack up really fast, if the couple is fucking in one of the main traffic arteries of the school. For other contact tab interactions, its 15 partial dislike points, instead.

-interrupting when some cards are fighting or fucking - avoid doing either. Interrupting sex is particularly nasty to your hate count gain, if you dont intend to compete over one of the parties.

-competing.
This should be common knowledge by now, but if you intend to compete over someone, you need to click on the character you want to compete WITH, not OVER. In other words, if your lover is talking to some guy you want to shoo away, you click on the GUY, not your LOVER, and then hit "Argue". Otherwise you will just make a fool of yourself, competing with your lover over the guy...

Then, if you really want to interrupt a fight, click on the person you dont like or care about, rather than the one you do, since its them that will get the most dislike/hate for interrupting.

-the teacher.
The teacher, in the grand scheme of things, is just a cock block. However, you can make their existence less of a pain, if you select a card for the job with low/lowest sociability. They will most likely run away upon witnessing sex, rather than interrupt it. The teacher also emits an aura (you can easily tell by the music changing) that dampens sex talk % chance and contact % chances, so be aware of where you want to woo the cards, as the teacher will most likely foil your attempts. Teachers with low and lowest virtue will fuck anywhere, but normal, high and highest virtue teachers will only fuck in one of the private rooms, unless forced by someone.

-class prez.
I have seen the class prez bust the teacher for fucking with students, but ive also seen the teacher get kicked out by regular students with highest virtue. If you play as the teacher, be aware that its is a thing.

-students (and the teacher, i suppose) gaining supernatural speed from time to time, whilst not having the rainbow card trait.
Ive mentioned this fairly recently (on the last page?), but this is directly tied to a certain stalking behavior of NPCs, once their love count exceeds 21 points. As mentioned in my last post, when an NPC has nothing to do currently, they might zip over and stick to another card they have a high love count with. Ive seen it happen with cards having high like count too, but it doesnt appear that often with those as with high love count ones.

Phew! That was a long one. Fortunately, this will be my last post on the topic of mechanics. Not much more is there to say about the game, i think. Pardon the chaos of this whole thing - its been written "on the knee" for some 2 hours straight, as ive tried to recall the "things i have seen" (and i still may have missed some... oh well).

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
-the infirmary is the quietest spot in school... the AI is incapable of finding you there, if they hadnt already began the action involving you once youre there, meaning, that you can drag your side-chicks, or when cucking someone, there.
I'm not sure what influences it, but I have encountered both students and teachers in the infirmary before that were in there before I arrived. So while they may not be able to target you for interactions once you're in there, it seems like there is a small chance for them to randomly wander in there, possibly influenced by traits.

4.50 star(s) 17 Votes