JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I'm not sure what influences it, but I have encountered both students and teachers in the infirmary before that were in there before I arrived. So while they may not be able to target you for interactions once you're in there, it seems like there is a small chance for them to randomly wander in there, possibly influenced by traits.
There is a trait that brings NPCs to the Infirmary: Wild makes characters go to the Infirmary as a sex destination. This is an NPC-only dialogue option in which Follow-Me-Sex happens. It is not so common for the player to experience it through an NPC but not impossible. Some modules tell NPCs to go to the Infirmary too.

Reactions: Grim

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
There is a trait that brings NPCs to the Infirmary: Wild makes characters go to the Infirmary as a sex destination. This is an NPC-only dialogue option in which Follow-Me-Sex happens. It is not so common for the player to experience it through an NPC but not impossible. Some modules tell NPCs to go to the Infirmary too.
Yeah, I'm aware of the Wild trait behavior, but this wasn't them dragging another character to the infirmary for sex. This was the character just hanging out in there doing nothing. I do know the "Likes Quiet Places" module will sometimes send NPCs there, but I've seen characters in there that didn't have that module. None of the teachers I use have that module for example, and none of them have the Wild trait. Not sure what other modules send NPCs there. I'll have to pay attention the next time I find somebody in there and see what modules/traits they have.

Edit: The wiki also says it's possible for NPCs to randomly walk in from the connecting hallway, and all of that info was presumably written before modules were a thing. While a lot of the info in the wiki might be wrong and/or outdated, it does seem to confirm what I've seen:
Infirmary

This is a semi-private room. NPCs will only randomly wander in from the connecting Hallway, and will not seek other characters here. They may follow characters they were already targeting before entering.

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
I'm not sure what influences it, but I have encountered both students and teachers in the infirmary before that were in there before I arrived. So while they may not be able to target you for interactions once you're in there, it seems like there is a small chance for them to randomly wander in there, possibly influenced by traits.
Ive seen random NPCs in there too, but its extremely rare. I have never been interrupted, while in there, even by snitches calling out for everyone to go there (infirmary is one hallway away from the locker rooms, and its extremely rare for anyone to be there in the first place).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha

Kujokuji

Mar 12, 2019
Going along with the infirmary talks, I sometimes get interrupted when invited to have sex there. I'm busy laying pipe when all of the sudden someone walks in the period after and completely cockblocks me.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Edit: The wiki also says it's possible for NPCs to randomly walk in from the connecting hallway, and all of that info was presumably written before modules were a thing. While a lot of the info in the wiki might be wrong and/or outdated, it does seem to confirm what I've seen:

Okay, this adds a lot of significance

This hallway connects to the staff (teacher) room, which contains the book used to change clubs when interacted with. Teachers frequently appear in the staff room, and the AI in this game seems to come from a set of rules that work much like a large module, for example the AI replacement mod I linked earlier. So the game's rules sometimes pushes teachers to the staff room, and thus through the hallway on the way to the room. Students may target the teacher to follow them into this hall or the staff room, then usual AI poking pushes them into the hallway from the staff room or they managed to reach the teacher before they entered the staff room

From there, occupants of the staff room enter the hallway. From there, occupants of the hallway enter the infirmary.

So it's rare, but within usual rules for people to wind up in the infirmary sometimes. It just depends on the teacher's destination habits and what students tend to follow the teacher most often. Events like fights and sex makes students run away to adjacent rooms, forcing wandering to happen.

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Ah thats why i found weird, in old AA2 working good but in Mini was missing subtitles.
Any Fix?
Not really. A lot of personalities simply dont have subs, while those that do you need to find one by one (and maybe mark them to know which ones do have subs and which dont - its pointless having a character without "overworld" subs, as you dont know what theyre talking about, which is a major factor during the game).

Sex subtitles specifically arent that good, honestly. Whether theyre in or not doesnt bother me in the slightest, especially since they sound so tame and... censored... anyway. "Vagina" rather than "pussy"? "Penis" rather than "cock"? Yeah - the subs can keep those comments to themselves.

This has a bunch of personalities that already have subs in them, and the subs in those are actually "uncensored". When combined with stuff from the modern installation guide, it should form a coherent bunch.

Zadke

Nov 21, 2017
Ah thats why i found weird, in old AA2 working good but in Mini was missing subtitles.
Any Fix?
iirc that question was answered many times on both discords and was something like they know but dont want to touch anymore cuz a lot of sex subtitles are the same, if im wrong you can search urself also fix? when (YOU) make it sadly or atleast someone who is interested in that, thats kinda how the aa2 community works if no ones gonna make it then do it yourself

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I've got a module/trigger logic question for anyone that knows. Modules always have some initialization trigger which is run when the card gets added to the class, with a line that usually looks like this:
ThisCard.SetBool(ModuleName) = ThisCard.GetBool(key: ModuleName, default: true)

What's the purpose of doing that as opposed to:
ThisCard.SetBool(ModuleName) = true

I've seen the latter in a few modules, but the former seems to be way more common.

On a related note, triggers will usually gate the logic with this kind of check:
If (ThisCard.getBool(key: ModuleName, default: true) then

Shouldn't the default be false there? If the module hasn't been properly initialized then why would you want the trigger logic running regardless?

SageMode9373

Mar 12, 2021
Getting lag during conversations and customization. Any idea what the issue might be because the game runs smoothly when doing something like walking around the map.

4.50 star(s) 17 Votes