HTML - Completed - Art With Carla & A Night With Sara [ChaptersInLove]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Bugbear32

Good characterizations and good build-up. The art was good for it's day but doesn't hold up well to modern standards. Also, do not even attempt to play without a walkthrough though - there is no room for error. Even a single incorrect choice can land you a Game Over screen.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ti'elby Mercedes

It's been a number of years since I first played Art With Carla, but I've often thought fondly of it and knew I would replay it eventually. That time came last night... and so did I. Repeatedly.
    This game stands the test of time VERY well. Newer games might have animated scenes (this game has two) but the renders here are still very beautiful, and do not have some of those really weird facial expressions in the newer engines.
    The gameplay is, admittedly, old school, especially in the sense that there is only one real path to the good ending, and it is not necessarily intuitive. If that is not your thing, a simple walkthrough is at hand. Use it, because this game makes save-scumming very limited.
    But the real beauty of Carla is in the story. The dialogues and progression of the relationship is believable. Heck, I've had a few strikingly similar romances in my day. The MC is not a doofus or jerk, he seems to genuinely feel what he says he feels, and Carla is neither slut nor virgin. You can really invest yourself in these characters.
    Definitely going to replay this and recommend it to others.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Casual Voyeur

Reading the glowing comments and 5 star reviews, I had high expectations, especially for Art with Carla, but oh boy, was I disappointed.

I played both games for the first time and without a walkthrough - and it didn't end well.

Trying to be nice: "game over".
    Trying to be flirty: "game over".
    Trying to be cunning: "game over".

Apparently, both games require either the use of a walkthrough or repetitive trial & error until you figure out the right choices, which is just terrible game design.

Anyways - this must have been the most unintuitive and unfun (adult) game experience I've had in a long time.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

extractied

'Art with Carla' is such a remarkable game and, in my opinion, is one of the best games ever made in its genre. It's just sad it doesn't get too much recognition.
    Renders are great, even for a 3-year old game.
    The story progression and how it progresses is just thrilling, making you spend 2 or 3 hours without noticing.

If you understand Spanish, just go for the original version. The text is very rich overall, and adds up to the immersion.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

friendo

Best writing of any adult game, seriously. The ever increasing sexual tension is unlike anything else I've ever played. And the visuals are great as well. As close to a perfect game as I've ever encountered.